• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[NBOMe Subthread] Long-term Side-effects & Addiction

I think it's easier to become addicted to these Nbomes bc they are just eye candy and fun. The don't really make you self reflect the way classic psychs do and feel guilty about "abusing" a drug.

THey are fun, but once every 2 to 3 weeks would be pushing it even at 1mg. Even once a month would be pushing it IMO, esspecially if you are using other drugs. It aint hard on my body, I really feel fine the next day, but I do notice a small tightness/weakness in muscles when I work out the next day. Clearly it is working my body, and even if I am not effected by vasco it is probably there on some level. Probably effects cardio.

I would geuss 4 to 6 mg spread out over the corse of year may be where I go with this, but given I am non smoker non drinker, I may be better off then some. I know my body pretty well at 37 almost 38. MDMA always had afte effects that were a bit more potent, but back then even though I was younger I waasn't as health concious. I Raved pretty much every weekend in the summer of 94, then back at it 95, I was very very skinny, that kina abuse ( even though it was a weekend thing will work the shit out of you.

Every substance can be addictive. I feel the NBOME's, may be more addictive than classical psyches due to the light(ish) nature of the trip and physical stimulation (which would definitely be appealing to those that prefer stimulants. I imagine it could be easy enough to take an NBOME weekly or more, and not trip balls, but just get euphoria and stimulation due to the tolerance issues, and I believe that's why these are more addictive.

My NBOME and ROA of choice is 25-B, intranasally. Never more than once every two weeks. And I do not use it that often, probably 5 times this year so far. The most I've taken at once was 1 mg, and it was a pretty heavy trip. But as these things go, my most powerful trip off of 25-b was only a 0.6 mg dose. This was an amazing trip for me, full spectrum of psychedelic effects, deep meaning and pondering as well as beautiful visuals. But, this was also an extremely brutal comedown. A VERY long lasting comedown (probably a good 6 hours), full of tweaking, anxiety, depression, and a very uncomfortable vasoconstriction feeling in my feet.

Since my heavy .6 mg trip, I have only used it twice since, with multiple weeks break in between. Once at .2 mg, and once at .3 mg (due to being afraid of negative effects). I felt next to nothing both times, maybe a light stimulation. So the tolerance for this stuff is odd. I am going to try it again at .4 mg next week probably to see if I can get any psychedelia.

But I have not gotten any major bad side effects from it, except for after the .6 mg trip, that weird feet feeling lingered off and on for a few days. And I have not had any extreme desire to dose when I shouldn't be or anything like that, but I have not really abused it IMO. As always, be safe and careful my friends, much love to you all. :)

I've been snorting 1-3mg doses of 25i about weekly (on average) for 7 or 8 months, it feels like a little bit of nothing, usually makes me sneeze a couple times. Compared to snorting 2C-X chemicals it's fine. Maybe it's the low dosage, I imagine 20-30mg of any NBOMe would be quite uncomfortable but you'd have bigger issues to concern yourself with if you're taking lines to the dome :)

1mg of pretty much ANY of the NBOMe series substances snorted is a huge dose, not a low dosage. I'm assuming you're just referring to it being a small amount of powder to inhale, but those dosages are already asking for trouble.

Snorted, these substances hit a lot harder than when taken buccally, and people have often noticed problems with dangerously high blood pressure in the 1.5-2mg range buccally, so even snorting 1mg is really too much and putting unnecessary strain on your body, be careful.

I'd also advise against weekly dosing - and this is true with any psychedelic, with most psychedelics you can get away with tripping once a week without much of any tolerance to show for it, but you'll still gain psychological tolerance rather quickly and will stop gaining anything magical or useful from your trips. They'll just become like any other drug, and not give that unique experience that makes psychedelics so worthwhile in the first place.

Unlike some drugs this change doesn't seem to be permanent though, and you just need to take a few months break - but I'd really recommend doing that and then making your future trips less frequent, you'll gain so so much more from them. :D (it's worth mentioning too that the NBOMes require slightly longer for tolerance to dissipate, so even if you don't care about it not being special/magical, I'd still space trips out 2+ weeks to avoid tolerance build up)

Whoops, sorry for being a skeptic on the addiction matter: NBOMe addiction is a real thing, and it's not about really wanting to trip. Or tripping bi-weekly on this.

I'm a party kid (though nothing like this), so I need more energy than I have. I started doing low-doses, or tolerance-doses of 25c-NBOMe because, well, I have a lot of the stuff. This worked out reasonably well until about a month ago, there were just way too much good parties. I think I've dosed for maybe 8 or 9 days..

Now, that energizing dose of 25c is consuming my thoughts. A little tired? Take some. Going to a party? Take some. It's not that I do it every time1 I think of it (just when out clubbing), it's just that the OPs post suddenly doesn't seem so odd anymore. All of the classic "uppers" are readily available to me (sometimes even for free) yet I do not wish to use them at all. All that pops in to my mind is the 25c.

This has destroyed my tripping for a month or so which sucks because I've updated my stashbox with some gems. I've now locked away the 25c and I'm going to check in 2 weeks time if I'm even able to trip (using a tryptamine of sorts) for the long-term side effects part of this thread.

Speaking of that, it's now been 3 days since the last time and I'm itching like hell. Could be the mosquitos, but I found it notable. There are also some weird things in my behavior that I can't really describe and I feel a bit lifeless. Also pretty lightheaded when not on 25c

So yeah, don't start using this for a bit of energy and euphoria:p

1I was addicted to amphetamines at a very young age, which has taught me to control my substance abuse tremendously in the past years. I know how to look at what I think of a substance, how I use it, etc. almost intuitively and adjust my usage accordingly before it's too late.

Around the time of my last binge on the NBOMe compounds I've had severe headaches that never go away.
That was almost a year and a half ago.
I've been tested for anemia, put on clonidine, given clonazepam to help sleep, and was also found to have an iron deficiency but have been on supplements for about a month now.
None of this has alleviated the headaches, has anyone else noticed chronic headaches from abusing these substances?
I've also seen a physiotherapist and had my neck worked on, also to no success
I'm beginning to get scared these headaches are permanent.

Hey just thought I'd add I've now been off nbome for about a month. The itching someone mentioned above after quiting goes away after 2 weeks. I still have memory problems though and i'm generally pretty tired. Also some HPPD but it all seems to be getting much bettet with time. I was dosing probably .5-5mg daily for almost a month. I have found that nbome can also cause delerious states and seziures in combination with cannabis for some people.

Long Term Effects of NBOMe use

This is my first thread on this forum, so hello there :) I'm interested in hearing from people here who have a lot of experience using NBOMes, and whether they have found them to have effects on their physical or mental health (whether detrimental or positive!) over the period of time since they first started using them. I discovered the NBOMe chemicals about half a year ago (specifically 25c and 25b, I'm yet to try 25i although I do intend to at some point over the summer) and they quickly became one of my favourite drugs to try, as I love the intense euphoria they can provide combined with the crazy levels of psychedelic visuals they can reach without fucking with my mind too much. I've made an effort to try not to use them too often and to leave a gap of at least a couple of weeks between use (often longer) as in the past I have abused MDMA by taking it far too often which had noticable detrimental effects on my health. "Long term" is relative I know as the NBOMe chemicals (as far as I'm aware) have only been around since 2010, but I reckon this must be long enough for some of their long term effects to become apparent in users. There are plenty of horror stories about people overdosing on them and being hospitalised or even killed, but it's a bit more difficult to find information about whether they can have significant negative effects even when used at more common doses such as between 500ug and 1500ug regularly. I don't feel like my use so far has negatively effected my health, but such effects may not be immediately apparent and I do worry about the effects that these could be having without my knowledge. Any input from people who have been using these for a while is welcome whether positive or negative.

I had a several month period of doing 25C weekly, and trying a couple other nbomes in there too. The body load got worse near the end, nasal come-ups became brutal even low doses. Feeling weak, cold, barely hanging on, and after a couple of those I put my 25C far away for the future. Tolerance became pretty harsh and I was no longer getting those awesome visuals of the world as an oil-painting or middle-earth themed graffiti floating in the air, music no longer bubbled in neat rhythmic ways and it became pointless. A few more months later and I'm starting to be able to trip on other things properly if I take huge doses for moderate effects. Otherwise I'm still as healthy and sane as I've ever been. Still, I'm lucky, I was a dumb-shit and could of easily paid a higher price, when 25C feels unhealthy, it feels really unhealthy.

I'd say I would've taken 25i maybe 5 times since the end of November last year - first hit was 1200ug, then the rest were only ~600ug, except for the last one which was 1200ug again. All were good fun, except the last time (which would've been at least 3 months after the previous) I really didn't feel right - chest got tight, breathing felt ever so slightly laboured. Felt EXACTLY like post-injection "tren cough" (when you get a tiny bit of oil directly into your blood stream and immediately start coughing like you inhaled it directly into your lungs). I would describe the physical feeling as if I was being asphyxiated. Didn't enjoy it.

Not sure if it was directly from the NBOMe though, as I had smoked a fairly decent amount of weed which was spun with more tobacco than usual - and I don't much like the tobacco for this reason.

I don't have extensive experience with these compounds, but I have gotten a few trips in with them.
The first was a solo 25C-NBOMe trip in the summer of 2012 which was pretty euphoric and calm with only minor visuals and psychedelic head space. The second was a group 25I-NBOMe trip in the spring of 2013 that was fairly euphoric, energetic, visual, trippy and carried some body load.
From both experiences I directed enough time and attention to both my internal and external environments, offering very well-rounded trips. In the weeks following the use of each compound I experienced an emotional uplifting and positive state of being. While there were no new insights from either trip, I was able to re-examine insights from previous trips with other compounds and appreciation of these realizations was maintained for some time after.

First time I take 25i, I have a horrifying trip, and thr body load... Good god.

I abused the shit out of 25i,c, and b for roughly 3 months. Dosing 3-4 times a week, mixing in 2c-x's occassionally and more often than not I threw in a hefty dose of 4-sub tryptamines (4-aco-dmt and 4-ho-det mainly) Smoked weed everyday throughout the experience and a few months following. Days inbetween dosing I had minor HPPD like effects nothing worth noting really worth mentioning. I usually allowed at the least 1-2 days inbetween doses sometimes 3-4 days. I spent a solid 4 months after that binge not tripping at all before deciding to dose again. As soon as I stopped dosing often the weak hppd effects went away really quick within a week of no tripping. Kept smoking weed pretty much daily for the rare day or two tolerance break. Mentally I've always felt pretty anti-social before ever taking drugs, but afterwards it's much more prominent. Trains of thought get derailed a lot easier, but that might have something to do with some mdpv and a-pvp abuse that occurred recently didn't notice much mental effects other than feeling more disconnected from everyone than before. That 3 month binge was early 2012 so a little over a year ago.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and actually registered only to talk about my experience using 25i nbome blotters for the past three weeks. I'm 22, subject to anxiety and have a fair experience with psychedelic and other drugs. 3 weeks ago during a trip to hungary my friend introduced to me a research chemical called 25i nbome and for my first trip he suggested that I could take 1 and a half blotter (1000ug each) for a start and then if i needed i could top up easily. Actually i had some awesome visuals and a freaking come up of 2h30 hours with loads of confusion but managed through it quite easily because of my love for psychedelics, from this trip on, we started using this blotter everyday for 3 weeks and constantly eating more of it to fight tolerance 4,5 mg per day and we lost the psychedelic attract of this paper and were only slightly tripping, it became more like an upper for us. We did quite lot of acid and mushroom but didn't feel it as we should have because of the tolerance. Actually we had quite lot of side effects like stomach feels like shit everyday and abnormal stool and for my part vasoconstriction symptoms increasing daily. After my last trip i realised that i had some kind of residual visuals from the paper everyday and now its about 1 week after i quit using the paper but still have some hallucination like seeing everything on HD or brightness highly increased and some light auras and floaters passing by time to time, actually as im typing this i'm experiencing slight visual effects and would like to know if its what they call HPPD and if yes if their is any solution to this?

Do you have persistant tolerance to other kind of psychedelic also or talking only about 25i?? and what kind of visuals every day??? i wish i could talk about this with you as im concerned too about having visuals every day and vasoconstriction.

^ Give yourself a break from all drugs for the next month or so and the tolerance should wear off. You can try taking magnesium supplements for the vasoconstriction. As for the vision changes, they may or may not be permanent, but either way the best thing to do is give your body a rest from any drugs (including pot) and let your brain heal itself as best it can.

25i nbome

Correct me if I'm wrong but is 25i nbome safe except if overdosed

So if you have a low dose would it be safe or still dangerous

Are there really such things as totally safe and totally unsafe? Like everything, 25i-NBOMe is a shade of grey.

Maybe you should do some more reading and then make your own decision.

With nbome you want to get as much information about it as possible before messing with it. it's about as potent as powder LSD (slightly off, but you get my point)

25i is the least safe of the nbomes but generally regarded as the most similar to LSD.

25i is mainly a killer because it can lower seizure thresholds and cause seizures as well as overheating vasoconstriction and a few other nasty side effects.

Granted this is in high doses, but for someone who is not tolerant to psychedelics .7-1mg of 25i-nbome will be extremely intense, and if you are more prone to seizures than most people, or have epilepsy theres a much greater risk of falling into the confused seizuring state 25i can cause.

25c and 25b seem to have a slightly safer profile, I suggest using these instead. And please be very careful dosing these, as anyone else would tell you the same.

I do not demonize the nbomes either, I think they have great potential but some bad seeds ruin it for us all, now don't they?