NASADD Social - so we all smoked outta a cucumber

Why can't wiggi figure out how to change the poll?

• Good Question

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Lefty, step away from the kangaroo and zip your pants up

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ you don't always have a choice

one minute someone is like, come work on my plantation, it will be cool, there will be lots of lulz.

the next minute they are whipping you and you are chained to barn.

There's always a choice.

Slaves can break free. The more someone tries to force me to do something, the more resistant I am. I've handled substances the same way. It never mattered what sort of low in my life I was in.

I agree that you have a choice to do something about it once you are addicted, but I don't think getting addicted in the first place is a choice.

One day your nipples are covered in duct tape, you have a dildo up your ass and some leather-clad beauty is ordering you to lick her feet. You feel a rush when saying "yes, master!"

Then you try and say the safe word when she brings out a tarantula to put on your genitals, but she says "no safe words, rules have changed."

One day your nipples are covered in duct tape, you have a dildo up your ass and some leather-clad beauty is ordering you to lick her feet. You feel a rush when saying "yes, master!"

Then you try and say the safe word when she brings put a tarantula to put on your genitals, but she says "no safe words, rules have changed."

Dude, I said I was sorry. You don't always have to bring that shit up.

I will never forgive you for quoting me before I can fix my spelling errors.

I need my fluvoxamine :(

because I believe in the disease concept of addiction.

I chose to take the drugs the first time, but I didn't choose to flip the addiction switch on in my brain that made it all I could think about.

Woman, it ain't no disease. We don't have AIDS. Maybe a mental disorder like a self-inflicted chemical imbalance, but I know that I have just become a weak minded person with little willpower. I used to be above all addictions, I used to indulge a little too much but never had a severe unstoppable problem until within the last year. I used drugs for over a decade with no significant problems, caught little habits once in a while and blew them off pretty easilly. Since then I have made all the wrong choices and gotten so mentally fixated on things that I'm even back to smoking cigarettes again, and I even have cravings for them. Something I never even had when I was smoking a pack and a half a day. I stopped cold turkey from that several times. I also used to practically drown myself in booze to the point where I'd get the shakes if I slowed the roll but I was able to just fight the physical shit off and eventually the mental nagging went away. I had experienced opiate w/d before and got past it to carry on with my life thinking "wow I just partied a little too hard for those few weeks, I'm good now". But now I finally hate myself enough to let let myself get to the point where if I don't get cigarettes, caffeine, alcohol, and heroin on a daily basis there are problems. No disease, just a stupid reckless asshole.

Last edited:
BINGE! Oh man it's great to have you back. No homo but holy shit I've missed you man. This place is still cool in its own right but we've lost a lot of the key players and it definitely just wasn't the same without your crazy ass around here. Glad you stopped by and livened the place up a little bit too btw

PUZZLES NAO!
Heh

And as far as the whole "when to tell a chick and have the talk" ordeal, I usually feel it out. Some girls it is obvious for whatever reason that you don't have to ever bring it up and it won't make a difference. Other girls can be cool enough to accept something like that and not let it worry them. In those situations I try to wait for an opening in a conversation and mention it pretty casually to sort of make it seem like less of a big deal. If she asks questions be truthful but make it sound like its in the past and something you're not proud of.
I don't want a girl that's totally straight edge, but don't want to date junkie scum either. I like girls that have tried drugs when they were younger, but never had a habit. No dopeheads or chicks that used to suck dick for coke, but girls who used to trip and roll and smoke weed a lot are still fun. They're open minded and their brain is still kind of on the same page as yours/ours, and the idea of you getting high isn't this terrible thing. They can even look back on stories about times you were wicked fucked up and did some crazy shit and they can see the humor or cool part in the story without making you feel uncomfortable when they say some shit like "oh my god you're lucky to be alive with the past you've had. It's okay though, isn't your life so much better now that you stay away from those terrible drugs? Good thing we have eachother to rely on!" They don't look at you like you have 3 eyes when you tell them some illegal ass shit, or if god forbid you ever do mention taking drugs in a light hearted sort of way. It can be fun too. I want a chick who's past all that stupid bullshit but once in a while would get excited and have some fun if you rolled a joint, or if you brought her to a bar and told her you found someone that sold you coke in the bathroom.
Some girls you just can't mention it to and you'll have to realize that you may just have to walk away from that one before you hurt the poor girl and it blows up at you.I did date one girl who was awesome and I cared about but I had to call it ooff cause I couldn't keep up the front anymore without feeling guilty. She was so anti-drug it was crazy. She tried smoking weed a couple times and took a vicodin a couple times at parties in high school and shit, and we used to hang out and get into trouble when we were 16 but she has grown up and moved beyond all that shit. Her brother is a big time junkie, and she hates drugs and people who use them, heroin specifically. I used to have to comfort her sometimes because she was so upset almost in tears talking about how she hates her brother for being a junkie and what he let his life turn into, meanwhile I was wondering in the back of my head how many hours I had left before I started to get dopesick. She was such a good girl and she would have been perfect for me maybe even helped me turn my life around, but I just couldn't keep going like that. It was a secret that would have had to die with me and I was not okay with that. She deserves someone better than my junkie ass. I don't see her much lately or even talk to her on the phone since my addictions have gotten worse because I just can't do it. Feels so wrong

That's just a hard question.

wonderful. i've changed addictions from heroin to weight lifting. things couldn't be better.

I hate when you meet a smart, creative artsy-type chick who you just know, based on how she interacts with the world and expresses herself through writing and/or art, would have the time of her life on mushrooms. So palms sweating and heart pounding, you say: "So girl, have you ever eaten some mushrooms and thought about life?"

And then she looks at you like you asked if she'd ever stabbed an infant...

I hate when you meet a smart, creative artsy-type chick who you just know, based on how she interacts with the world and expresses herself through writing and/or art, would have the time of her life on mushrooms. So palms sweating and heart pounding, you say: "So girl, have you ever eaten some mushrooms and thought about life?"

And then she looks at you like you asked if she'd ever stabbed an infant...

It seems you have forgotten how to see the beauty of life and world without flying high on something. I have done tons of psychedelics in my time but my greatest realizations and appreciation has come being in a sober state. Psychedelics and drugs like mdma just create an illusion. It's fake and your brain is being tricked. Appreciate what's there not what you wish is there.

because I believe in the disease concept of addiction.

I chose to take the drugs the first time, but I didn't choose to flip the addiction switch on in my brain that made it all I could think about.

Oh, I agree with the concept that addiction in and of itself is a form of mental illness but the method of administration of feeding that addiction is a choice. Some people choose drugs, others choose gambling, shopping, overeating. ....etc etc. Drug addicts could choose healthier outlets but they choose to fixate on drugs instead.

Why wouldn't it be a choice?

Oh, it absolutely *is* a choice, I believe.

But, on the other hand, I believe that addicts have poor decision making skills and an inability to properly conceive of and weigh consequences.

For example, an addict who's been clean for a while knows that he can cut loose and have a dose, and still not have to worry about WD's at all. Hell, might as well even have fun and go on a weekend binder, right? The worst an addict would have to face from an extended weekend of abuse is maybe a little watery eyes and a runny nose. No big deal, of course, and a very small price to pay for such a great weekend.

But as (bad) luck would have it, it's been an awful week. Why not just use a few more days to get yourself over the hump--sure, the WD's from a week-long binge will be noticable, but it's not like you'll be hunched over the toilet and flopping around like a fish. Maybe a few rough nights of sleep, but after all that's over, it's back to clean living--a good workout regimine is the only drug I need after I opiate myself from this particularly icky week.

But talk about bad luck! Just when you've resolved to clean up, you have to put in over time all next week. I'm not 19 anymore! No way in hell am I gonna bust my ass for 10 hrs a day when I'm detoxing too much to get a good night's sleep.

The potential WD symptoms keep getting worse and worse (would you actually quit), but alas, the shit you're running into in life keeps getting worse and worse. You realize you're strung out, but now your resolutions no longer involve quitting outright (as you're painfully aware that, by this point, CT is out of the question), but rather to taper yourself clean.

And on those rare stints when you actually DO manage to cut down a bit, it's been so long since you've made any progress that it's occasion for celebration--then *poof*, the tiny bit of progress you've made has been entirely erased: Fuck, you're in even deeper.

IDK if this is how all addicts think, but I'd say it's a pretty good summary for me. The basic principle here is an inability to accurately weigh how hard quitting will be (ie, the "consequence") against how much enjoyment you'll get from getting high (the "benefit").

Status
Not open for further replies.