• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Names

it doesnt bother me so much anymore, i am used to it. Although two things annoy me...1. everyone always makes the same comment "aww how cute james and jamie" (this is if I introduce him as james) or "jamiesquared hahah" and 2. I cant say his name in bed, its too weird its like talking about me.

Anyways im derailing your thread, sorry!

Is the big thing against Laiden the possibility of being made fun or given a hard time. Or like my mother says its just a stupid name.:\

TheDrizzle said:
Is the big thing against Laiden the possibility of being made fun or given a hard time. Or like my mother says its just a stupid name.:\
just stupid lol

TheDrizzle said:

It's already a stupid name, Aiden, with a 'L' in front.

My favorites for girls are Kira, Annika, Elise, Juliet, Evelyn, Jade, and Persephone (however, I would never name a child Persephone...).

For boys, it's harder, because so many names are so common. I like Jayden, Nicolai, Elias, and Nevin.

Here are some not particularly common names that friends of ours have named their kids in the last year (they were all boys)- Felix, Johna, Archie, Dexter, Desmond, leon and Ace .

Boy: Elbrahm; Laszlo; Kevin; William; Carl; Lucas.
Girl: Ayla; Virginia; Elizabeth; Susan.

I'm torn between really unusual names and solid traditional 'waspy' names; I also enjoy Irish names.

We really like the name Jayden and Brody also for boys. and for a girl almost positive its going to be Layla.

and for future reference I'd really like the boys middle name to be Kristopher so any names that sound good with that

Mona Lisa said:
Boy: Elbrahm; Laszlo; Kevin; William; Carl; Lucas.
Girl: Ayla; Virginia; Elizabeth; Susan.

Virginia is my name which I have grown to like but am known as Gini. However if you call your child this be prepared for them to be called "vagina" or "virgin" at school at lot.
However it is quite rare, I think I have only ever known of one other virginia and met one girl called ginny.

Anyways my top girls names are:
Emiliana & kali... I used to like alisha but that has become quite common recently.
Haven't really thought of any boys names, although my best friends name is Arthur (shortened to art) and quite like that.

yeah my fiance's name is Alicia and she hates the name and the spelling, lol.