• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Names

I despise 'made-up' ridiculous names. My Mama knows a couple that named their kids 'South' and 'North' WHAT THE FUCK LOL. And when they try and rhyme their kids names, eg Lesley and Wesley.

^You may think alot of the names I like are ridiculous;)
I like unusual names........ :)
We had chosen a girls name (for a one day baby).....Saorise. (seer sha)
I wanted to choose a family name for a middle name-and preferably a flower-
We only have Rose and Violet in our families.....
I had chosen Saorise Rose but now I'm thinking I would change that.
Other girl names I like- Isla, Skye, Saphira, Isabella and Aurora.
For a boy we like Kelley Sean.

When the hell did that become common?

lol thats actually my husbands name, and coincidentally also the name of a guy i was dating before him.

amor-we almost named our daughter Eden but then we became friends with a girl whose daughter had the same name and we didn't want to steal it

^ Congrats and condolences at the same time. Love the name. :D

LA - Yeah, my boyfriend's sister's name is Eden so it's a no go for me as well. I just really like it. :)

^lol, that was her real name?

I also forgot to mention the name, Thalia. I've always loved that one.

I first dated a girl named Denise who was, curiously, named after her dad's first girlfriend.

So I kind of have an ambition to one day name a girl of mine Denise, and carry the strangeness on to another generation.

^ thats crazy i never herd of something like that happining thats cool tho

I wanted to name my daughter Kadence so bad, but once I saw her there was no other name that was fitting for her, she was a Lilyin. I look at her and can't even think of calling her anything different. I very much believe we are what we are named.

My name is Jennifer and only my family calls me that, but friends call me Jenn. I used to hate my name, still hate the name Jenny, but have come to like my name. I absolutely despised my name, but now like it (its Leigh) :)

Yeah, I've never even read the story or seen that movie. :p

I still like the name. It reminds me of the falcon in The Royal Tenenbaums.

^I love the name but wouldn't name my child that just because every one thinks of CotC when they hear that name and I know I'd get sick of hearing about the reference. I can only imagine how a child named Malachi would feel about it.

Just a 'lil update. I did have a daughter this feb, and Cosette is her name.=D

Unfortunitly I came to iraq 11 days before she was born. :(

Cosette is a beautiful name :)
When do you get to meet her RedHaze? How old is she now?

Malachi (only one for boys for now... unfortunately my boyfriend hates it ;))

Unfortuntely the only girl's name I have had my heart set on for years, Storm, my boyfriend hates too! He thinks she would get teased at school for it....but what kid DOESN'T get teased at some point for their name??

We also like:
Michael (my boyfriend's name, I LOVE the idea of having a Michael Jr)
Cameron (my brother's name)
Leela/Leila

And we can't agree on many others.

I WILL get Storm in there somehow though!!! :D

Storm is a cool name.........
I like those sort of natural names too but my husband says no- I love names like Stone-River-Dahlia (one of my favorite flowers)- Birch-Hyacinth-Ocean-Bay-Willow....they're all out:(

Yeah, my older brother (not Cameron, the other one :)) had a friend at high school called Storm, and she was SO cool! She had a shaved head and was always super nice. So from then on I loved the name Storm :)

I LOVE all the nature names too.

I used to love all the really pretty girly names like Heidi, Audrey, Chloe etc. But not so much anymore...

I've always loved the name Dominique (I know it's usually Domonique, but I prefer the other spelling ;)) also Jacqueline, Marcela, Daphne, Mya (or Maja), Nicola, Phoebe Claudia, Angelique, Olivia, Constantina, Georgina, Anastasia, Despina, Vittoria
For a boy I like Adriano, Zac, Andrew, Dimitri, Stathis, Julian, Stefano, Jack, Apollon, Paul, SO MANYY more haha

my favorite names are Adriana and Vivian and Lilliana.

when i was a hippie I wanted 3 girls named Rose, Lily, and Jasmine..... but I don't wanna have my youngest becoming a stripper.