• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

My Phenibut Affair (Really F'n Long)

detroit edm junkie-damn what do you mean by stupid high dosages?this could mean 5 grams to some and 15 to others...

i do not understand where the talk of back pain or kidney pain comes in from using phenibut..ive probably used phenibut longer than most others on here and never noticed any strange pains tbh..i do notice the tiredness on the days i take larger doses though but that soon turns into a very nice flowing energy if i get myself off my ass..

yes, for being legal, id say phenibut is the most effective social lubricant out there that i have tried...with phenibut, you are quick whereas with alcohol you are slow and sloshy...

according to one of the larger suppliers of phenibut, it is their best seller so im surprised there arent more responses on this board about it...

yep, i have given people that have little to no gaba tolerance and gave them 3-5 grams of phenibut and they didnt feel anything, no high or tiredness, nothing..one guy i tried giving him 7 grams, still nothing..i dont understand why it has zero effect on some and really affects others(like me)...i wish it helped my sleep but it doesnt, at all..

Stupid high depends on your tolerance... I buy the bulk powder, but I have empty gelatin caps that I use to cap the powder so I dont have to taste it... 3 caps once every few days is a nice dose for me.. 8 caps is alot..

If I give sum1 with no tolerance 8 caps theyr gonna feel almost too much to the point of sickness.. not worth it IMO..

i have been taking about 2.5 grams of phenny for the past three days and am going to wash out for the next 4 days. i plan to use 2 or 3 days a week. i did plenty of research before trying it and i am aware of the high risk of dependency but i right now it seems totally worth the risk. i went through some serious benzo withdrawals and am still dealing with PAWS and i finally feel like myself again. i also have debilitating anxiety, both GAD and social anxiety and i cant tell you how amazing it feels to not having constant panic attacks and to be social again after a very long time of hiding at home with my windows covered. i got out of my house and had a great time for the first time in quite a while. i totally agree with dopemegetly, i am really worried that a bunch of dipshits are going to mess up a beautiful thing. i read some rumors that the FDA is already looking to make it illegal so i am going to keep plenty on hand in case i am forced to taper myself off, in which case i will be very depressed because i feel like i can start putting my life together now and if that gets taken away i will be crushed

Just dosed approximately 2 grams of the good ole phenibut. Ive had this 40 gram tub for probably 6 weeks and this is my 5th or 6th time dosing id say. The w.d. horror stories have kept me from overdoing his shit and I must say it's payed off. I way overdid it my first time, forgetting how long it takes to kick in and got pretty sick. Since then I stick to a gram or two(using a scoop no scale so not totally accurate) and I love the subtle long lasting effects it produces. It's great for work as long as I dont overdo it as it tends to get sedating at higher doses and I work in a physically active job. But yeah Im very happy with phenibut, especially for the price.

I remember hearing of phenibut a few years back but the reports made it sound not that great. After reading this thread and realizing how cheap it is, I have got to try some. I could really use a good social lubricant, especially since I dont like the stupification I experience from alcohol.

i have been taking about 2.5 grams of phenny for the past three days and am going to wash out for the next 4 days. i plan to use 2 or 3 days a week. i did plenty of research before trying it and i am aware of the high risk of dependency but i right now it seems totally worth the risk. i went through some serious benzo withdrawals and am still dealing with PAWS and i finally feel like myself again. i also have debilitating anxiety, both GAD and social anxiety and i cant tell you how amazing it feels to not having constant panic attacks and to be social again after a very long time of hiding at home with my windows covered. i got out of my house and had a great time for the first time in quite a while. i totally agree with dopemegetly, i am really worried that a bunch of dipshits are going to mess up a beautiful thing. i read some rumors that the FDA is already looking to make it illegal so i am going to keep plenty on hand in case i am forced to taper myself off, in which case i will be very depressed because i feel like i can start putting my life together now and if that gets taken away i will be crushed

The good thing to know is that if you fall off your schedule of just 2 times a week, Gabapentin makes phenibut WD a lot easier to handle. I was taking 5+ grams a day, tapered down to less than 2 grams then tried gabapentin and it was nearly painless. Easier than tapering from 5-2 grams IMO.

The good thing to know is that if you fall off your schedule of just 2 times a week, Gabapentin makes phenibut WD a lot easier to handle. I was taking 5+ grams a day, tapered down to less than 2 grams then tried gabapentin and it was nearly painless. Easier than tapering from 5-2 grams IMO.
good to know!

How strong would you rate the "empathy" effect?
there is no empathy effect. thats what makes it better than benzos to me. it actually makes me more loving and driven. i finally care about things again

there is no empathy effect. thats what makes it better than benzos to me. it actually makes me more loving and driven. i finally care about things again

Empathy, not apathy.

Idk if English isn't your first language, but if it's not, easy mistake to make.

Empathy -the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

OP, I'm curious as to if you ever got good effects with phenibut your second time around? Your last post seems to suggest the contrary.

I myself found this substance very anxiolytic, motivational, and empathetic (in a very mdma esque way like you describe) when I got the dosage right. However, after killing ~50 g's in around 2 weeks (stupid, I know), I could no longer get any effect from it at any somewhat reasonable dose.

I kinda freaked out and stopped abruptly which led to terrifying withdrawals. A five day long panic attack ensued; I felt like the walls were closing in on me and even retarded amounts of dope and benzos didn't help much. I've never gone through any significant gabaergic wd so it scared the shit outta me and I flushed the rest of my supply, haha. And I didn't want to further agonize my gaba b receptors with anything like gabapentin, pregabalin, or alcohol but, looking back, I probably should have just tapered off with neurontin or the like, oh shwell. But goddam, I've never had a dependance form with any substance as fast as it did with this one.

I was thinking of ordering another tub and taking a good dose once in a blue moon for various purposes. But shit, I don't really want to if my body will rekindle a physical dependance significantly faster this time round and I'll never really get the original effects back anyways. What do you think, can this substance be utilized effectively and responsibly after abusing it in the past?

Wow! Great tale, and very well written! =D

I've been using phenibut for nearly two years. I normally take 500mg-1g per week before bedtime. I sleep very well and wake up feeling invincible and very, very handsome =D. But I'm going through a heavy gabapentin withdrawal at the moment, which phenibut is helping me with, so I've temporarily upped the dose to 500mg twice a week, for two weeks. I took 500mg last night...it's 5am and I've been awake since 2am, but I feel fine. It's just the gabapentin problem. Without the phenibut I'd be sitting here mute, tearing my hair out and wanting to die, but instead I'm having a nice cuppa tea, talking to you guys and I've got a hard-on, hahaha.

So yep, that's one of many horrific situations phenibut has held my hand through during the past year. It's also led me effortlessly through many heavy social situations, solved countless problems for me while I lay in bed staring at the ceiling, smiling, marvelling at how smart I am. If I want a sex drive - boing! - there we go - thanks, phenibut. If I want an insomnia cure, increased appetite, music appreciation, extra energy...you name it, phenibut has been there.

I hope you don't go crazy with phenibut. 1 to 2 times at week at 1g doses is all phenibut is willing to give. I'm sorry it can't be more, because I'd take it every day, but that's all there is I'm afraid. Any more than that and you're fucking it all up for yourself.

Empathy, not apathy.

Idk if English isn't your first language, but if it's not, easy mistake to make.

Empathy -the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
thanks for the definition webster. i am aware of what empathy and apathy are. i was saying that benzos make me apathetic about everything and phenibut makes empathetic as well interested in things. what is hard to understand about that? my reply was with the understanding that they were asking if phenibut makes you lose empathy, which is what benzos do to me.

some of you guys are taking only 500-1000MG and getting a feeling of euphoria? thats pretty good, man. consider yourself part of a lucky bunch.

I took 2400MG this AM and feeling pretty good at work; nothing to write home to Momma about but still feeling good, ha! I know the tolerance builds quick w/ Phenibut which is why my tolerance is where it is but I plan on taking a few weeks off so it can drop back down to 1500-2kMG/dose.

lately I've been splitting my dosage and will take powder in the AM (2400-3000MG) and then will take pill form in the PM (1000-2000MG). usually the doses happen at 7AM and again at 2PM. this usually leads to a great night sleep but this is def. NOT something I would consider a sleeping pill/aid; although, most people do get help w/ Phenibut its not for everybody when it comes to bedtime.

OP here.. Phenibut no longer has the effect it once did. It's been over a year since I wrote this and even with up to 6 months break I still can not get the euphoria back. Like I said in the OP though.. it was overall a positive experience in my life as I made more friends in that summer than I made in 5 years and accomplished more than I would have ever imagined. Use it as a tool if you insist on using it.. just remember that the honeymoon is very limited and once it's over it'll never come back! Make the most of it!

^^ VERY LIMITED! you still get an overall sense of well-being but its no where near as good as it FIRST IS! esp. at such low dosages as mentioned above.

OP, I'm curious as to if you ever got good effects with phenibut your second time around? Your last post seems to suggest the contrary.

I myself found this substance very anxiolytic, motivational, and empathetic (in a very mdma esque way like you describe) when I got the dosage right. However, after killing ~50 g's in around 2 weeks (stupid, I know), I could no longer get any effect from it at any somewhat reasonable dose.

I kinda freaked out and stopped abruptly which led to terrifying withdrawals. A five day long panic attack ensued; I felt like the walls were closing in on me and even retarded amounts of dope and benzos didn't help much. I've never gone through any significant gabaergic wd so it scared the shit outta me and I flushed the rest of my supply, haha. And I didn't want to further agonize my gaba b receptors with anything like gabapentin, pregabalin, or alcohol but, looking back, I probably should have just tapered off with neurontin or the like, oh shwell. But goddam, I've never had a dependance form with any substance as fast as it did with this one.

I was thinking of ordering another tub and taking a good dose once in a blue moon for various purposes. But shit, I don't really want to if my body will rekindle a physical dependance significantly faster this time round and I'll never really get the original effects back anyways. What do you think, can this substance be utilized effectively and responsibly after abusing it in the past?

Well I haven't had the magic euphoria hit me since my binge of daily use for 6months. I still get positive effects, and notice boost in mood but it's kind of subtle compared to what it used to be like. If I try to dose more, it just makes me dizzy and uncoordinated. I waited a couple months from stopping my daily use to when I tried it again so maybe I needed to wait longer. Haven't had any WD symptoms but if I do take it it's just once or twice in a week span.

in your cse, you are better off not ordering any more..sorry but if you binge on phenibut by taking 50 grams in 2 weeks and them jump off without expecting consequences, you are better off finding something else to take..phenibut is no joke...im shocked dope and benzos didnt kill your phneibut withdrawals though..

wow, some of you act like phenibut is the most amazing drug out there, with no downsides...

again, the best way to take phenibut is small daily doses(1 gram or so0 and then when you really need it to work(social gatherings or whatever else) jump up to 3-4 grams..ive used it like this for years and it still works when i need it to!!granted, on days i only take 1 gram i dont feel much but when i spike the dosage up, u bet your ass i feel the effects even after a long time on it..