• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

My Phenibut Affair (Really F'n Long)

What about phenibut to help you sleep? Because last night was the first night in a long time that I didn't take my usual klonopin before bed. I was trying to put my son to bed but I woke up 2 hours later in his room, in his rocking chair, with him asleep in my arms. I remember trying to sing to him, my usual routine after reading books, but I couldn't keep my eyes open - it was physically impossible while sitting down.

All this talk about Benzo dependence has me a bit annoyed with my doctor ... He's never once told me that I'll suffer from withdrawal symptoms when I stop taking them. I have a Rx for klonopin (.5 mg) which I take almost every night to help me sleep. Sometimes I only take half if I'm feeling really exhausted and don't think I'll have any problems. I actually have no problem going to sleep ... It's staying asleep. If I wake up, my mind races, stress and then anxiety sets in, and I'm screwed - no chance of getting back to sleep. I know klonopin isn't a sleeping pill, but it totally helps me stay asleep throughout the night. But there are times I don't take it and I don't seem to experience any withdrawal effects ... Is that because I'm asleep? What would be the withdrawal effects from .5 klonopin?

That's because you won't NECESSARILY get withdrawal effects from it.

He still should have told you, but even though my experience is VERY unusual according to most people on this forum, I took between 1.0--1.5 mgs of Klonopin (2 to 3 times your dosage) EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR ELEVEN YEARS and had very little withdrawal when I stopped, almost none.

I wasn't even given a proper taper which should be dangerous but the doctor at the time told me that my dosage was low enough that I'd be fine and he was right, I just felt a little shitty for a week or so after I stopped and that was it.

So honestly, I think that at the extremely low dosage you are on there's a good chance you won't experience any or if you do it would most likely not be enough to give you a seizure since mine didn't give me one.

It's probably best not to take it EVERY SINGLE day though like i did, but if you need it, again, you are on pretty much the LOWEST dose possible so you aren't likely to be in much danger.

Phenibut has made me tired when taking it but as a sleep medicine I don't think it's practical cause it takes so long to kick in and you can't take it every day or you'll probably get withdrawal effects.

Holy shit, I just tried this for the first time and 3 hours later I feel really fucking good but super horny. ;(
Is this normal? (not that I'm complaining about being horny though ahah)

I too take phenibut.

Typically dosed at 500 mg, on my friday night at work. Last day of the week, i'm tired, exhausted, moody and lethargic. This stuff does wonders.
My job involves highly repetitive manual labour with lots of walking around, sitting down, waiting, getting up, cleaning up, etc.

I sometimes take it with 50 mg of Picamilion.

Effects are slow to set on, it takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, but when it kicks in, well... it's hard to describe. It doesn't stimulate me or bring back my energy at all. In a way it makes me careless and indifferent to my exhaustion. Where before, my legs and arms feel like they're filled with sand, i'm quick to bounce up and down. It gives me a drive to push on, and get going, almost like an auto-pilot. There is a kind of restless agitation, giddiness, not unpleasant however. It gets me through the night with comfort, and when i get home, rest is easy and sleep is deep.

It certainly has some form of motor impairment as well. Sometimes i step a foot besides where i intended, or when walking, my arms and shoulders bump into obstacles. I advise caution when operating any type of machinery. Thankfully the only machine i have to operate under the influence is a big industrial vacuum, a mop and a jumbo sized fueling nozzle with safety lock mechanism.

The next day, i wake up quite groggy but rested. There is a period of increased agitation and excitability the next day for sure. I found the 500 mg dosage taken once a week is not too little and not too much. I use it as a tool to cope with work, i don't consider it a recreational drug at all. It helps me overcome exhaustion and lethargy, and turn my friday from a day that can't end soon enough to an okay and productive day at work. I don't take it more than once a week. Been doing it for half a year now, and tolerance never seems to build with a once a week dosage pattern, it's always effective, and effects are always predictable.

I had an experience of taking 750mg of Phenibut with 100mg of Picamilion that was unpleasant. When it was time for bed, i noticed twitching and weird electrical jolts that put me off from going over 500 mg.

There is an increase in libido, i also noticed stronger orgasms when on it.

there's a good chance you won't experience any or if you do it would most likely not be enough to give you a seizure since mine didn't give me one.

That's mighty presumptuous. Drugs affect everyone differently, and because you're fine in one situation won't mean someone else will also be. Be careful when generalizing your own personal experiences please.

Last edited:
Maybe it is just me, but it took less than an hour for phenibut to kick in. After 1g, I was toasted, and I am no stranger to "good times." Brain fog, couldn't focus, felt a bit drunk, and anything but sociable. I was really surprised because there have been reports that it takes up to 5 hours and/or no effect. After a few hours, I was exhausted and slept for about 14 hours. Woke up fairly rested but had major joint pain. I would like to give it another whirl, but I think on a very low dose (i.e., less than 500mg).

phenibut was nice when i had some good batches back in the day, bought one bad one and it just makes u feel stupid and dizzy and kinda high but not really.

phenibut was nice when i had some good batches back in the day, bought one bad one and it just makes u feel stupid and dizzy and kinda high but not really.

good batches?i dont understand this tbh, just buy from liftmode and u will have consistent top quality phenibut..i still get good effects from 4-5 grams even after years of use BUt i do admit there are times when i take it and sit around and just end up feeling tired and nodding....if i get up and stay busy though, i feel good..

havent had Phenibut in about 2 months.. I should def. order some! but I am on Gabapenitn as is so I feel its useless.

Just ordered 25g of this after spending all evening reading through all this stuff. I think I'm going to try 500mg once a week.