• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Smoking Mushrooms

smoker said:
you can smoke anything you want if it burns, but i'm sorry to say that if you do smoke mushrooms you are at risk of getting spores in your lungs which Can begin to spread a growing mold across your lungs because of the moistness, and no you will not live if this happens

seriuosly, we can grow shrooms in our lungs ? So, If I drink alcohol after smoking my shrooms, It should be ok, no ?

haha

but, back to the topic psylocybin should be vaporizable as anything else, no ?

anybody have try to vaporize some shroom extract ?

So Casteneda just made up all his experiences and methods and techniques that he learned with don Juan? Surely they must have been based on something real?

ive tried smoking mushrooms with weed and personally i think it was a waste of gd shrooms........it just kinda relaxed me and got me more stoned than usual - and this was on shrooms that wud normally hav me tripping my ass off

Casteneda died an angry alcoholic. His ideas were ideas, most taken from ancient shamanic and spiritual tomes. His stories were brilliant, but they were just stories. He wasn't an enlightened being. I was really sad when I found that out.

There are certain mushrooms that can be smoked with very real effects, amanita muscaria, for instance, and that is LEGAL!

my little sis smoked shrooms through an aqua pipe, she seemed to be having fun, we had plenty, so it was no big deal. She reported effects, nothing as drastic as oral dosages, but whatever, something was happening.

I've smoked 4oh-mipt off of foil, and it does work, although not so well as simply eating it. DMT can obviously be smoked, so I would assume 4oh-dmt can be as well. But do you really want to smoke an eigth (or however much it takes) of shrooms?

^ Quantity isn't the issue. Even smoking four dried grams would do fuck-all.

HEAT DESTROYS PSILOCYBIN!!!

*sheesh*

That's not true. Heat breaks down psilocin into psilocybin, but it still doesn't destroy it if the temperatures aren't high enough, it just get's vaporized. The isolated compounds, psilocin/psilocybin/baeocystin or a simple extract would most probably be effective when smoked, why not?

The problem with smoking shrooms is that you have to apply too much heat to the shrooms in order for them to be smoked, in which time you'll destroy most if not all of the active compounds, but I'm sure you could achieve treshold-mild effects, given you've got enough to burn and have iron lungs/no tastebuds/gag reflex.

Wait so how do you trip off bannana peals lol. I heard about it before but didn't think it was true.

I always thought that its not psilocin or psilocybin that "gets you high" when you smoke mushrooms, It is DMT. I cant remember where i heard it from (so i cant judge the credibility of my source) but Im pretty sure I heard someone with a good knowledge of natural psychadelic drugs state that some species of mushrooms contain very high amounts of dmt and can be smoked. i would like to see evidence either supporting or defeating this theory if anyone has any.

^I've never heard this(not that that invalidates it), but i feel that if DMT were available in "high amounts" in a readily smokeable form someone would have brought it to market by now. I hope i'm wrong about this though.

zophen.

I tried it once on accident, there just happened to be some chunks of mushroom from some other people that had been using the same bowl before us. We smoked some buds and realized that the bowl just kept hitting. cleared away some shit and somehow, in the bottom of the pipe there were chunks of shrooms. I felt pretty high before but once we realized there were mushrooms at the bottom shit became crazy. Placebo? Probably. Though I don't remember thinking about it too much other than an "oh cool" reaction. When I made it to the dining hall, I didn't hallucinate as mushrooms tend to make me to but things were so much more intense and I felt as though I was inside of this demonic like belly. I felt really dumbfounded as to how or what was happening at the time. It was intense but I could have also just been really stoned, but I've also never had a high like that before. Probably placebo . . . potentially an add to the bud high. Haven't thought about that time in a while, thanks for the reminder!

JeW BaLLs said:
I always thought that its not psilocin or psilocybin that "gets you high" when you smoke mushrooms, It is DMT. I cant remember where i heard it from (so i cant judge the credibility of my source) but Im pretty sure I heard someone with a good knowledge of natural psychadelic drugs state that some species of mushrooms contain very high amounts of dmt and can be smoked. i would like to see evidence either supporting or defeating this theory if anyone has any.
Tihkal states that none of the magic mushrooms contain DMT.

I've personally smoked shrooms before and they don't do shit.

But I'm wondering, would it work if you smoked it in a vaporizer? Or would that also be too hot?