• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Smoking Mushrooms

^^^^^
Dude, aight, so pscilocybin is destroyed at leats partially by heat.. but what about psilocin, and baeocystin??? the mushrooms i smoked, liberty bells, have a higher level of baeocystin that most shrooms.
and i didnt just smoke em, i ate them and smoked em, so id have to say that 'Anyone who claims this works ISN'T full of shit'
But i'd have to agree, it's a waste of shrooms, but i had enough not to care.

Originally posted by Tijo:

Rooiiight. Not recommended by who. Do you know anyone who suffered one of these alleged lung infections.
In my experience, smoking mushrooms doesn't do a damn thing, except taste like shit. If you smoke them with weed you will probably THINK you "feel something".

Not from mushroom spores, there have been cases of people getting very sick due to inhaling contaminated cakes/casings when growing mushrooms.
My theory on smoking shrooms is that it is in fact something other than psilocin, pcilocybin that effects the person. In the case of Libs, Baeocytin is very high, maybe that can have SOME effect... But really any effects you may get are really not worth destroying the majority of the mushroom's kick.
EAT EM :)

Arent there trace amounts of AMT(ehh i hope im right on this one it could be something else) in some mushrooms?

I'm sure you people are familiar with the term placebo. Throw weed into the equation and the placebo effect is an enormously powerful one.
However, I've no experience with shrooms, smoked or otherwise so I cannot comment.
As for the comment regarding the need to smoke 2 grams, remember that with most substances the smoked dose is significantly lower than the oral dose.
Anyway, erowid has this to say on smoked Amanitas:
Was especially thankful to one special person for introducing us to the wonderful state induced by smoked Amanita Muscaria. About 2 sq cm of the dried, peeled skin from the reddish cap were crumbled and smoked in a pipe along with a tiny bit of MJ to mellow out the otherwise rather harsh smoke.
Experienced a very nice alteration, somewhat akin to a strong MJ buzz without the loss of lucidity and memory usually noticed. Also, the cottonmouth effect of the MJ was pleasantly neutralized by the increase in salivation that the Amanita induces.
This Amanita/MJ smoking mix is highly recommended, especially as a stretcher, enhancer or even replacement for MJ. Was told that the effects from smoking this mushroom are significantly different from those experienced after eating it. Personally, had no noticable unpleasant side or after effects.

*Dr. MaRiO-420* Rx: psilocin is less stable than psilocybin

I have eaten mushrooms a few times before and had an absolutely amazing time doing it. I recently read that they can be smoked (plurplanet.com), and am thinking about trying it out. If anyone has ever done this before please let me know how it is. The only way I've seen it described is "hectic" and that's a little vague.
I will probably be doing it this afternoon or later tonight, so respond ASAP if possible.
thanks

About a couple of months ago i too had the same question but i did try it with Panaeolus subbalteatus and when i smoked about 3 in the half dry grams of it i felt absolutely nothing and i found it a waste of shrooms.if i were you, i would take them orally instead.But they are myths about this subject so im scepticall about this cause it didnt work for me but maybee it all depends on the dosage the potency and the kind of shroom and the pourcentage of psilocybin in the shroom.One shroom definatively worth smoking is Amanita muscaria in case u wanted to know but u will want to take a toke of ganja to take care of the nausea.I hope i answered your question!
http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_smoked.shtml

About a couple of months ago i too had the same question but i did try it with Panaeolus subbalteatus and when i smoked about 3 in the half dry grams of it i felt absolutely nothing and i found it a waste of shrooms.if i were you, i would take them orally instead.But they are myths about this subject so im scepticall about this cause it didnt work for me but maybee it all depends on the dosage the potency and the kind of shroom and the pourcentage of psilocybin in the shroom.One shroom definatively worth smoking is Amanita muscaria in case u wanted to know but u will want to take a toke of ganja to take care of the nausea.I hope i answered your question!
http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_smoked.shtml

DON'T EAT MUSHROOMS! Its the biggest waste you'll ever know. I had some friends that accidentally smoked mushrooms cuz they were in the dark and thought it was weed. (I know it sounds dumb, but they are a couple of stoners so its understandable). They knew after awhile it wasnt weed but decided to try smoke mushrooms anyways. They said they felt a little bit but not much. eating it gets you high, smoking it gets you a little high. The choice is simple.

Me again... I'm not planning on smoking all that I have, I was just gonna try a little bit to see what happens since I have enough to try a bowl and still eat a decent amount. I was just making sure it wouldn't make me freak out or anything. Please continue to post info, suggestions, or experiences.
Thanks!

Originally posted by otur:
Arent there trace amounts of AMT(ehh i hope im right on this one it could be something else) in some mushrooms?
You're probably thinking of traces of DMT

Smoking mushrooms

Now this seems like an absolute waste to me, i come across more and more fucking idiots that insist smoking mushrooms out of a bong gets you tripping hardcore. I personally dont believe shrooms have much if any effect if smoked. I think for 10 years i have been wondering because i came across these same idiots 10 years ago. So lets get this baby settled once and for all, shrooms cannot be smoked. correct?.

danke

Nope, you can't smoke them! Because the heat would break up the psylocibin and destroy it.
The best way to ingest that stuff is to have a nice psychedelic soup. It starts to kick in within 10 minutes and is far more intense than just eating them on their own.
Just my two cents...

Bitte!

I haven't heard any astounding scientific evidence either way; but i've never felt anything myself beyond placebo. Erowid seems to suggest that its just as effective as eating them; but that the problem lies in the fact that no one actually smokes 3 g of mushrooms, nor would anyone want to.

I'm really inclined to believe though that this is just a compromise with all these "losers" who swear up and down they're fuuucked up, dude. These idiots have the nasty habit of flooding erowid with trip reports. And at times i really think it effects the integrity of the information erowid provides.

And actually, preferrable to making a soup (or any other kind of "recipe" involving food that can hinder the absorption process) is holding the chewed up pieces of mushroom between the tongue and roof of the mouth until soggy and saturated... obviously to allow for sublingual administration before swallowing them. First effects felt within 15 minutes.

well< I`ve smoked(small amounts) of mushrooms before, and i`m not sure whether or not the effects(kind of like a light headrush+trippyness, nothing major) were placebo. The question remains: who would WANT to smoke mushrooms? seriously, it`s foul as hell.

I wouldn`t do it again, the effects weren`t worth it, and it was disgusting, and I don`t mind eating them in the first place.

My friends occasionally smoke shrooms when they come around, but its more because they like the flavor of smoking them than anything else. I know what you are thinking: "Who the hell would like the taste of smoked mushrooms?" I tend to agree with that point of view, but if a shroom capped bowl is passed my way, who am I to turn it down?

You CAN smoke Mushrooms.. But smoking is ineffective, you would have to apply a lot of heat to burn the mushroom, and by then you'll have destroyed most of the active compounds.

If you could isolate the Psilocybin and Psilocin though, then you can smoke it quite easily. There have been several reports on it, 'elsewhere'..

Can Mushrooms be Smoked?

Smoking Mushrooms?

Now I know a lot of people debate the fact whether smoking mushrooms is worthwhile, but a lot of people out there use the argument that getting mushroom smoke in your eyes will make you go blind. I was just wondering if there is any real information out there pertaining to this?