• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] P. Tampanensis & P. Mexicana A Sclerotia (Philosophers Stones)

that google search might as well be naming and linking the supplier.

Them being legal is a loophole, the 'truffles' come from a normal looking mushroom, but this specific mushroom also contains psiloc(yb)in in something other than a cap or stem so it's technically not banned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybe_tampanensis

as a side note, in the US it's just as illegal, since the specific wording doesn't single out *mushrooms* containing psiloc(yb)in, just anything containing the chemicals.

Okay then, sorry, it is gone. Although the stupid thing is that by naming them I'm virtually giving people a Google search. But I shan't argue.

Just showing you what I was talking about.

Oops, seems I missed the second half of your post. Yeah, I've seen them called psilocybe tampanensis, mexicana and also atlantis or something.

Just wondering if anyone's tried them.

Yeah, no talking or hinting about sources please. :)

I've done some searching and found they can either be psilocybe tampanensis or psilocybe mexicana. Do you know which one you have?

Here's our Different Effects from Different Strains thread

Mostly I think you'll find that all psilocybes pretty much produce the same effects; there might be slight variations but they are slight.

yeah I don't even know if its alright to have named them, but it seems to be a legit nickname of the substance, rather than a 'brand name' type thing.

A little more web searching has confirmed what I thought, these are pretty much identical to any magic mushroom. It may just have a lower concentration of the active compounds though, so it takes more of a mushroom dose to get the same effect.

Yeah, no talking or hinting about sources please. :)

I've done some searching and found they can either be psilocybe tampanensis or psilocybe mexicana. Do you know which one you have?

Here's our Different Effects from Different Strains thread

Mostly I think you'll find that all psilocybes pretty much produce the same effects; there might be slight variations but they are slight.

I believe they are tampanensis. Any first-hand accounts of this strain would be interesting to read.

And thanks you two. I guess I better order these before someone out there does someone stupid with them and gets them banned too!

EDIT: Also, my apologies for not searching earlier. This thread seems to yield some very interesting answers: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=459926&highlight=tampanensis. They do too seem to view it as a fair bit different to normal psiloc(yb)in mushrooms though.

Last edited:
I took a pretty massive dose of these in Amsterdam; distinct lack of profound/ introspective thoughts (perhaps set and setting made this so) but very visually intense, to the point where I couldn't see more than a few feet in front of me - my vision was bubbling and contorting to an incredible degree.

Oops, seems I missed the second half of your post. Yeah, I've seen them called psilocybe tampanensis, mexicana and also atlantis or something.

Just wondering if anyone's tried them.

They are all different species, thus having different tryptamine concentrations. I found mexicana to be a fair bit stronger.

Alright, thanks. From your experiences, would you really say that 15 grams is a "normal" dose? Because it's rather expensive. I may just go out into the local woodland and fields and search for some liberty caps instead.

ahhh there are so many more than that!! there's atlantis, pajeteros, hawaiiana, columbiana. many all with silly names :) mexicana ranks only 3.5 out of 6 for visuals. if you do buy any of these buy 20g of the hawaiiana. it was actually a high dosage full blown mushroom trip! you have no idea how strange it is that they're legal. them and the pajeteros rank 5.5/6 for the trp, mexicana are actually one of the weakest.

i was confused when i saw these, as there is actually a product (one of the truffles range) called ''the philosiphers stone'' (one of the weakest ones). hope this helps. any smartshop in amsterdam

ok thanx soul food, so last night i tripped on 11.7 or so grams of tampanensis and it was a bad one. i dosed 5g and took sum tylenal for nausa rite away b4 id even get sick. waited about 90 minutes and ate the other 6.7g. now im not gonna go over my bad trip or y i had a bad trip bcuz i hav discovered something far more interesting that i feel i must explain.

ok, so first i must tell you i have diabetes, and point out a symptom of unhealthy diabetics, your feet swell, lose minor feeling and tingle. i counteract that with freezing temperature(63-65 degrees f is comftorable to be with bare feet and lightly dressed, also sumtimes 59 degrees would b comfortable). now this has been progressing for some time now and id figured my life expectancy is short.

now, onto what i discovered, like i sed it was just yesterday i had my bad trip, and b4 i tripped on the tamp. i ate 13 or so grams of atlantis and threw up in 10 minutes leaving only a slight effect. so i waited hours b4 i had any tamp. now i dont know how, but i woke up today and not only does my hurt left wrist feel much better but my feet are normal again. i still have diabetes of coarse but amazingly my feet and temperature are so much closer to completely normal i just cant beleive it and i hope it lasts. right now its 68.7 f in here and im fairly comfortable! a tiny bit warm but its enjoyable(usually is horrible) and earlier at 68.3 i was slightly chilled. my feet feel close to normal, they are slightly chilled but nothing serious and i actually prefer them that way. comments and questions are welcome.