• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Mushroom Tea

I find the taste of the mushrooms tea sets something off in me. The taste alone will make me anxious and start me down the road of an anxious trip. The fact that the tea starts hitting hard in 10 minutes, when I'm not even done the tea also compounds this.

The tea just tastes awful and hits too hard, too fast for my liking and also doesn't make the nausea less IME.

My favorite method thus far is grinding up the mushrooms and parachuting the powder. I don't have to taste the stuff, everything ends up in my belly and it starts hitting at about 40 minutes with a nice, progressive come-up. I peak at about 1.5 hours and am down by 6 hours.

Yes it sure does. Psilocin / psilocybin are not all that stable in aqueous - watery - solution (tea).
The tea is best made for use within a couple of days, more than that and it loses practicality. Use dry mushrooms for longer storage, which you can make tea of anytime if you wish.

from what i understand psilocin is relativley insoluble in water, so if you made the tea with fresh mushrooms you probably have a fairly weak tea to begin with (i have experienced this aka no effects from tea made from fresh cyanascens)
this is probably why the tea didnt work at all
but as the psilocin degrades in the presence of oxygen (as it dries) it becomes more soluble in water
so dry them, then make tea
is what i think the best course of action would be
this seems to be the case from my experience

Thought id share my technique

Generally we pick large amounts (nice fields) and cook up a large batch for all

Take 30 - 100 shrooms
Cut break up
Add to Large pan and add 2L of hot water
Stove on a low heat enough that it steams but not so much that it boils
Add Chai and honey
Wait 30 min and Strain

Add milk and Drink

If you need to store it (as im currently preparing at the moment) dont add milk just put into a bottle and freeze until needed

We only use fresh shrooms.
Produces some very potent teas usually half to 1 cup is enough for a good trip with 2 becoming pretty heavy even after being frozen.

tried shroom tea the second time i ever tried it.

shroom tea = bad trip!

shrooms with peanut butter on the other hand.... =D

Shroom Tea Recipes

Hey guys, so i was going to make shroom tea in about a week or two and i was wondering what some of your recipes are cuz i wanna trip as hard as possible. btw i have an eighth.

You can trip pretty freakin' hard on an 8th if you make tea out of it.

Here's how:

Step 1: Grind/break/tear up your mushrooms as finely as possible.
Step 2: Boil water.
Step 3: Throw your ground mushrooms and a couple herbal tea bags into a thermos, or some other insulated container that will keep the liquid nice and hot for a full hour. Pour in the boiling water and let it sit for an hour.
Step 4: Pour it out into mugs, add honey and lemon juice, and enjoy! Between the honey, the lemon, and the herbal tea, it shouldn't taste too bad. If you drink the whole thing you should feel it within 20-30 minutes ... the first time I drank tea I had 2.4g and I was feeling it before I even finished my mug (I drank slowly though). Honestly, you could drink 1/2 or 2/3 of this brew and still trip really hard. You could split it with someone and you'd both have a great time. Drinking an 8th's worth of tea will hit you HARD.

If you want to get the absolute most out of your mushrooms (and I highly recommend splitting the 8th in half before trying this) you could do this:
Step 1: Grind/break/tear the mushrooms up as fine as possible, and dump them into a small container of lemon juice (like a shot glass). Leave this in the fridge overnight.
Step 2: 1 or 2 hours before you dose, drink a pint of black-currant juice. You might not be able to find any in your area, but with luck you'll see it around somewhere.
Step 3: Take the shot of lemon juice with all the mushrooms in it. You will trip incredibly hard. When I was told about this method, I was told never to do it with more than a gram at a time. Doing an 8th at a time this way is extremely ill-advised. Black-currant juice contains MAOIs and will potentiate the mushrooms dramatically, and I believe lemon juice contains acids that make the psilocybin's bioavailability higher, making the comeup take less time and the peak higher. Combining them effectively multiplies your dose by 2-3 times.

I usualy just break the shrooms up as much as I can and use water tahts no longer boiling, sometimes a teaspoon of sugar. let it sit for 20 minutes and drink with the pieces left in, you cant taste them anymore and it hits you much faster and I never get nausea when I make tea

alright thanks. I'm pretty sure i was gonna try this method but if i get any better answers i might try one of those.

1. Grind/break/tear up mushrooms
2. Put in shot glass with lemon juice
3. let it sit while boiling water
4. once water is boiled pour water in mug
5. pour shot glass with shrooms and lemon juice in the mug
6. let it sit for 10-15 minutes
7. trip.

Keep the Recipes coming.

If you can find black-currant juice it'll make you trip harder, if you leave the mushrooms in the lemon juice longer or steep the tea longer it might help a little, aside from that I think you're basically doing what you can to get the most out of what you got. Just be careful, dropping a shitload of psilocybin on your brain all at once can be overwhelming.

I know this thread was written a long time ago, but... (I saved it on my favorites, because it's awesome ^^) for the tea method: can this lemon juice be squeezed freshly from a lemon? Also, how much lemon juice? I'm guessing a tea spoon worth; along side a tea spoon of honey?

enough to fill up a shot glass

I just make a pot of peppermint tea, and with that simmer the shrooms for about 15-20 minutes. Add honey.

It tastes just like peppermint tea, not a hint of 'other' ingredients. :)

Merged... see, the way this works is you can find discussion of questions you might have by looking more general and then more and more specific.

In this example:

the index ---> the psilocybin mushroom thread ---> the dosage & methods of administration subthread ----> the mushroom tea thread (sort of a sub-subthread).

Or you can skip the dosage & methods of administration thread.

Not to bitch, it's so that next time you can find your way around in here and find answers to questions without having to ask them in a fresh thread. If you still do have questions, there's already an appropriate thread for many of them surely. Thanks, hope it helps.

The way I have made shroom tea has been to put the shrooms in one of those metal tea balls. I dunked the metal ball w/shrooms in hot tea water. Drank after a couple of minuates. It hit me way faster than eating ever did. Felt effects within minuates.

i also ate the rehydrated mushrooms for the heck of it.

Should I grind/cheese grate until it's like dust?

And would drinking a pint of blackcurrant juice 1-2 hours before drinking the tea make me trip harder?

I generally just add a relatively liberal squirt/splash of bottled lemon juice (or the juice of half a lemon), and a spoonful of honey.

Get the mushrooms as close to dust as possible, I generally use a mortar and pestle and often end up shredding the material by hand. Optimally you don't want any pieces larger than, say, a grain of rice. I've never considered a cheese grater, that might work really well ... I'd be worried about leaving a lot of residue on the grater, though (which is why I never use herb or coffee grinders).

A pint of black-currant juice 1-2 hours before drinking the tea will make you trip harder, yes.

I'd recommend not drinking all your tea at once unless you made the tea out of 1.5g of mushrooms or less. I've heard that the effect of combining these methods can be quite dramatic, so I'd recommend that if you make tea out of an 8th (3.5g), that you drink no more than half of it and only drink the other half once you have a sense for how high you're peaking.

Update on the lemon shot method!

It turns out that LIME juice is actually better for this purpose. I stirred 1.25g of mushroom powder into a shot glass of lime juice, left it in the fridge overnight, and took it early the next afternoon (1:45 PM) without having eaten anything for breakfast. It started to affect me half an hour after dosing and I was fully peaking after a little more than an hour. The 1.25g I took was enough to give me considerable closed-eye visuals and prompt an extremely deep and productive emotional conversation between me and my girlfriend, who partook of the same amount in the same fashion. We both had a fantastic experience. We were coming down after about 3 hours of tripping (5:30 PM) and were at baseline by 5-6 hours after dosing (7 PM), just in time to eat a delicious eggplant parmesan for dinner.

Due to the fast onset and short duration of the trip that results from this method, I've decided that it's a good thing for me to do this on a fairly regular basis, 3 times a year or so, just to reorient myself every now and then. Not tripping so hard that I completely lose myself, but altering myself enough to alert me to emotional experiences that I might've been suppressing or postponing, seems like a really productive approach, and this appears to be a perfect way to go about it. Highly recommended!

(I cannot imagine how hard I'd be tripping if I ate an entire 8th of powder this way. I would never recommend that anyone take more than 1.5-2g when using this method.)