• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Mushroom Tea

You always make the water boil, then wait until it stops boiling. That water temp varies per where you are but its the perfect state for the water to be in.

I only strain once. We made tea with about a 1/2 of mushrooms. After we extracting psilocin we fed a sober person all of the caps and shrooms. They felt absolutely nothing but sick. Thats why i dont waste time on extracting multiple times, the potency isn't noticable.

Tea just makes your trip shorter and more intense. If thats what you want tea is for you. If not you should just eat them...

I like to make the tea the day of. People say itll store fine in a fridge others argue potency might be lost. The loss probably wont be noticed but a way to avoid that is to just make it the day of.

Well I don't understand why the tea I made didn't even work.

[B]Does anyone know about Fly Agaric as a tea?? and what would be an average dose of dryed cap for it??[/B]

The best way to make tea is to grind up the Psilocybin mushrooms into a fine powder, cap and stem. I'd recommend 2 - 2.5g tops this method.

Then boil the water.

While the water is boiling, take the Psilocybin mushroom powder and put it into a decent sized tea cup or coffee mug.

Squeeze half a lemon, and half a lime into the cup along with the Psilocybin powder.

Add brown sugar (or white).

Add boiling water.

Add honey.

Stir until mixture has mostly dissolved.

Sip, don't chug, try to relax and enjoy the tea

[B]Does anyone know about Fly Agaric as a tea?? and what would be an average dose of dryed cap for it??[/B]

Sort of the same as the above recipe, except slightly different because heat destroys Amanitas.

1.) Grind up the Amanita Muscarias (Fly Agaric) into a fine powder, just caps. I'd recommend around 3-6g maybe more depending on your weight.

2.) Boil the water

3.) Now you need two cups.

4.) In one decent sized tea cup or coffee mug add the A. Muscaria (Fly Agaric) powder.

5.) In that same cup that you put the A. Muscaria powder, squeeze half a lemon and half a lime into the cup.

6.) Now in a seperate cup add the boiling water, sugar, and honey.

7.) Stir the boiling water, sugar, and honey cup until all ingredients have dissolved.

8.) Add ice to cool the mixture completely, as if it was an iced tea.

9.) Pour the water, sugar, and honey cup mixture into the cup with the A. Muscaria powder, lemon & lime.

10.) Stir until a decent amount of the mixture dissolves.

11.) Sip and enjoy. If you did it correctly and you have some decent caps (A, B grade) it should taste somewhat like Fruity Pebbles lol.

[Side Note]: Coffee Grinders work best for grinding up Mushrooms into a fine powder, but even a decent Cannabis grinder will work. Just you might end up losing much of the powder in the pollen catcher screen.

Last edited:
I've never actually grinded up the mushrooms before making the tea. Although, I usually use fresh mushrooms anyway, so there'd be no point and it would just make a mess.

I've never actually grinded up the mushrooms before making the tea. Although, I usually use fresh mushrooms anyway, so there'd be no point and it would just make a mess.

Well there is a point, ground up fine it can absorb the acidic alkaloid-containing solution of the lemon and lime. Which will strengthen the trip as well as prolonging it. The properties of the lemon and lime together, seem to mimic the effects of urine. That's why I've noticed from experimenting with this method you're better off taking much less than you normally would or the experience becomes far too intense.

It really doesn't make that much of a mess, you make the process sound like one of those ridiculous infomercials, "Are you tired of grinding up your entheogens and making a mess?" "THEN YOU NEED ENTHO-GRIND 2009!" :D

Last edited:
I have never taken mushrooms in a tea form, and have been considering it for my next dose. My question is to people with experience with this form of mushroom intake.

Are the trips just as intense with tea as they are when just eating the nasty buggers?

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I could see nothing on this forum regarding this question.

ive always had fresh mushrooms except one time (they were chocolates) and never could eat them as is...always made tea...so i cant really give you a straight answer...but the trips were awesome...if that answers your question...some more folks will probably chime in w/ a better answer.

speaking of 'shrooms, i have about 7-8 grams dry right i probably wont eat them, maybe just trade them or something.

It tastes like shit - increases the chance of nausea too I find.

Best method is drying them, powdering and capsuling.

i agree with ^^
also noticed that the come up is faster with tea..
but its very easy to fuck up the tea making process..
best would be to take mushrooms fresh but they taste really weird and bitter..
dried ones taste like cardboard plastic or something..
makes me gag everytime..
even with chocolate or with honey or whatever..
caps is the way to go for me..

It tastes like shit - increases the chance of nausea too I find.

I agree it's not exactly a taste senstion (kinda like muddy water really) but I find it greatly reduces nausea. Haven't noticed any loss in potency either but I very rarely consume fresh shrooms cos they tend to make me throw up a lot. Have no problem with dried ones though and often just swallow them down with a glass of water or whatever if tea-making seems too much of a chore :)

I agree to drying them and using a coffee grinder to turn then into powder and stuffing a gel cap.

Using the 00-gel caps stuffed is about 1/2 gram.

If your going to make tea don't use boiling water that will weaken the mushroom. its better to let them step in warm water.

Fresh mushrooms give more intense trips. Although eating them is a chore.

So these days I just take mine dried, with rue.

3-5 grams of rue, 45-60 minutes before eating the shrooms. Makes the trip interesting.

I agree to drying them and using a coffee grinder to turn then into powder and stuffing a gel cap.

Using the 00-gel caps stuffed is about 1/2 gram.

That's what I find too Toltec but there's lots of people who claim they can put a gram into a 00 capsule.

I agree it's not exactly a taste senstion (kinda like muddy water really) but I find it greatly reduces nausea. Haven't noticed any loss in potency either but I very rarely consume fresh shrooms cos they tend to make me throw up a lot. Have no problem with dried ones though and often just swallow them down with a glass of water or whatever if tea-making seems too much of a chore :)

What kinda dosage are you knocking back these days shammy? I'm upwards of about 12 dried grams so it's quite a quantity of dried powder to choke down with anything but capsules.

No idea to be honest, Issy. Been a while since I had any mushies of any description after we had a lil falling out :|

Given my location, I'm more familiar with libbies than cubes which I'm guessing you are talking about? I've always had a bit of a fractious relationship with Mr Mushroom so have never really delved into deepest Fungiland. I tend to be fairly cautious so maybe 100 libbies and never more than 1/8 of cubes that I can recall. Is an area I'm considering exploring further :)

I am so surprised so many of you dislike mushrooms.

Just put that in your mouth, Nom the shit out of it and enjoy. Wash it down with something taste like tropicana, Orange and Mango ^.^

A mushroom trip, isnt a mushroom trip unless you consume the complete mushroom.
You would be doing a "faint" extraction in tea, but it not be anywhere near as epic, as actually consuming the mushroom fibers and everything.

There are alot of different beta carbolines and things all jumbled into the fibers of the mushroom. So you kind of need to eat the whole thing... to get the "full trip"...

Mushrooms + Maoi = a more blissful less crazy version of Ayahuasca.

I must admit I tend to chug the slimy mushroom gunk down with the tea anyway cos I can't bring myself to waste any so I do get all the miscellaneous mushroom stuff in there, I guess. Suppose it rather defeats the object of making them up into a tea in the first place but I still get less nasea that way for whatever reason. Odd.

I'm surprised at how many people don't enjoy their Mush Tea. Honey, Lemon, Lime, White and Brown Sugar works wonders. Makes the tea taste wonderful. I can understand if you just steep some Cubes in boiling or warm water, it will come out tasting like poo, but that's seems pretty obvious :)