Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen it come up many times throughout all my reading. Having not done it myself I can't speak from personal experience but I would approach with caution.

A brief search has come up with this:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4714757 <-------- many peoples experiences of lemon tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5316637 <------ this one will hopefully convince you in the first page

The subject has always been hotly debated among people I know. Most of the big mushroom enthusiasts I know don't bother with the Lemon Tek and just eat the mushies raw. I always had dramas with the nausea so always did a Lemon Tek.

From what I've read a lemon TEK will make the trip more intense/shorter come-up/longer peaker, but the trip will last much shorter.
As far as me being careful, fuck that. People have told me to be careful and raised my expectations of drugs my whole life, I know this a HR forum but I'm very confident with my grasp on my mind and altered states, and I'd really love to dissolve my ego again.
I don't know whether I'll experience nausea/body loads from shrooms, I think if I can keep down a bottle of robo I should be okay with a few shrooms but we'll see.

Think I read your post wrong and thought you didn't know about lemon tek or were very experienced, seeing as it was going to be your first mushroom trip.
I hear what you say about half taking drugs and being underwhelmed. As long as you make an informed decision, go for it!!!!!

I don't know whether I'll experience nausea/body loads from shrooms, I think if I can keep down a bottle of robo I should be okay with a few shrooms but we'll see.

Keep some ginger tablets handy just in case. Mushie nausea can be terrible sometimes.

Mushroom body load/ nausea is relatively mild. DXM is fifty times worse. You wont need Ginger IMO.

That's what I assumed, dex feels very fucking dirty and I've done that many times.
I was/am going to lemon tek for potentiation/effects as opposed to taste/body load

Thank god for this forum. I'm a noob. Never had mushrooms, but very keen to try it. I live in Adelaide, and go to Melbourne regularly (infact i'm going next week, for 8 days). A couple of quick questions:
1) Has mushroom season started? I know they generally come out in winter... but it has been very cold lately.
2) If so, where can I find them? [specific location discussion not allowed - answer in general terms]
3) I want to minimise the risks of taking a poisonous species. Once I pick them do i upload photos of them on shroomery.com or other websites to get an ID of them? What method to beginners use?

Really appreciate your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I know they lose a lot of weight, but I was under the impression for every 1g dry you should take 10g fresh.
I know it's safer and smarter to use scales, but for the time being, especially with something like shrooms, I feel okay eyeballing. Maybe I'll just start off with a few and then gauge how much to take from that experience.
Two other questions though, first being about mushroom tolerance. How long will it last? Approximately
The second being, with the drying, when you say cover it do you mean like using a tupperwear container or just putting something over a containing (not worrying about air as much)? I assume the former, but I'm just milking you of your knowledge :D

I find that the tolerance lasts about a week or so. Youd need to seal the container air tight and preferably in a dark, cool room. Anything will do even a tub as long as its not see through and can be reasonably sealed.

Thank god for this forum. I'm a noob. Never had mushrooms, but very keen to try it. I live in Adelaide, and go to Melbourne regularly (infact i'm going next week, for 8 days). A couple of quick questions:
1) Has mushroom season started? I know they generally come out in winter... but it has been very cold lately.
2) If so, where can I find them? [specific location discussion not allowed - answer in general terms]
3) I want to minimise the risks of taking a poisonous species. Once I pick them do i upload photos of them on shroomery.com or other websites to get an ID of them? What method to beginners use?

Really appreciate your help.

1) - It has definitely started in NSW (pretty infrequent findings compared to last year imo)..
I have been told people are beginning to find subs down around melbourne too. It's still vaguely early, but they are around.

2) - Look in pine forests, eucalyptus forests, woodchip parks, grassy area's next to woodchip parks etc etc. I like to look down near river beds and stuff, cold damp darkish spots generally hold alot of success.

3) - It would be a good idea to take a photo and upload it to shroomery (or in here).. Im sure someone could guess what species it is but you should never rely on somebody else's opinion when judged from a photograph.
My advice - find an experienced shroomer to show you the ID'ing ropes.
There's sub lookalikes everywhere. I have nearly been fooled multiple times this season and i have been hunting for about 4 seasons now.

so yeah.
get somebody experienced to show you the way.
put your photos up online for a second opinion.
don't carelessly rip mushrooms from patches & collect only what you need :)

Showed someone how to hunt yesterday.

There are thousands in Victoria already. More than I am physically capable of collecting.

3) - It would be a good idea to take a photo and upload it to shroomery (or in here).. Im sure someone could guess what species it is but you should never rely on somebody else's opinion when judged from a photograph.

We don't do ID's here. Post them up at the Shroomery.

I go mushroom-hunting, in the pouring rain. Cars drive past me constantly. I am hunting on the side of a major road. It is early morning. People are going to work. It is cold. I am wearing a thick jacket and a full brim hat. There are so many mushrooms that I can’t pick them all, but I don’t want to stop. I don’t want to just leave them there, to rot. My jeans and jacket are soaked through, my hands are so cold that it becomes difficult to pick up the mushrooms; yet I force myself to continue. In less than an hour, I pick well over a thousand mushrooms. The duffle bag is a quarter of the way full. I start to get anxious about the possibility of being confronted by police, or Vic Roads or something. The longer I go on, the higher the chances of being arrested are. The quantity of mushrooms I have is way beyond the legal definition of personal use. I notice the bag is getting heavy. There’s something like three to five kilograms of fresh mushrooms in there. Every time I take three steps, I find another cluster; each one bigger than the last. I am already going to be late for university; so I force myself to stop. I’d estimate that I picked maybe one third of the adult mushrooms in the patch. Probably less.

I walk back to the train station. Everybody is huddled under a small area of shelter. I stand out, in the rain. I am already soaked; I can’t get wetter. The interconnecting bus is ten minutes late. I stand in the rain again. People looking at me curiously, as they huddle together under the bus stop shelter. Same goes for the tram. I lean my head back and stare up into the cloudy sky. The rain feels good on my face; I open my mouth and drink it as it falls. When I get to university, I duck into the toilet before going to class. I am twenty minutes late, but I’m busting for a piss. The problem is: I can’t operate my fingers. It is impossible to unbutton my pants and pull my zip down. My hands are frozen solid. So I put them under the hand dryer for a couple of minutes. I still can’t unbutton, or unzip; eventually I manage to rip my pants open. Then I’m faced with the dilemma of not being able to button them back up. It takes me two or three minutes. It is a struggle. It feels like my hands are prosthetics, like they’re inanimate. I stumble into class, and drop the duffle bag beside my desk.

Tomorrow, I will return to the same spot, to collect the rest.

I took some photo's of some inactives I found in the back yard today because this thread had no life, now you're here telling awesome stories about thousands of shrooms and ripping your pants off and it just seems silly of me to post the photo's, but I'm going to anyway because mushrooms don't need to make you trip to be cool. They actually look a little like subs
161necn.jpg

Mushrooms are an interesting spectacle of nature, particularly the Amanita Muscaria. Has anybody come across these specific mushrooms?

^ shitloads.

Scary looking things, I've been told to steer clear of them ones.

More of them around, out in the open then anything else.

Last edited:
Has anybody come across these specific mushrooms?

There's fields of them growing as far as the eye can see in pine forests near where I live.

Here's my haul of P.Subs:

011.jpg

015.jpg

007.jpg

Not kilos but enough to send 7 people into space and beyond.

It was the most intense experience of my life on my first trip on 3.5g of these guys. I ended up gaining a way better understanding of language, death, birth, existence and ego within a span of 3 hours - more than what I have learned whilst working overseas, being a legal practitioner, escaping death, spending 11 days on a boat adrift in the middle of the South China Sea without food and petrol etc...

All the fears, happiness, thoughts, sensations just melted into an orgasm of interstellar proportions and shooting out of my physical body etc. Definitely opened my third eye and changed all my perceptions of my existence/reality. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.