• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Murphy Clox says goodbye!

I loved it when Murphy posted. Cause it's always something I can learn from.

You were a great asset to the ADD community. You will be missed sir

I've enjoyed quite a few of your posts, and am sorry to hear you are leaving Bluelight.

I never thought anything you said was out of line. I am sorry that other people feel that way.

I will miss your contributions as well Murphy.
Though I don't generally post in this forum I am an avid reader of it.
As such your posts & contributions to this forum where of great interest to me.
Your contributions to ADD have been numerous & of the highest quality.
Thank you for all that you've done for BL, harm reduction & the spread of knowledge.
It is sad to see one of the most informative members of BL leave the community. :(
I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Good god where have all the good bluelighters gone? both you and F&B have recently left. I feel as though Bluelight ADD is losing its informative value!

Dear Murphy, F&B, Vecktor and other people who are highly intelligent,

It does not have to be all or nothing! If you're fed up with the stupidity on BL take a few week breather and come back when you have time. It is a privilege to interact with so many brilliant people and your contributions do not go unnoticed. It's thanks to you all (and, er, college) that I have gone from knowing almost nothing to a place where my first article is being considered for publication in a prestigious journal (fingers crossed).

Without you people BL quickly disintegrates into chemical masturbation and an endless stream of question regarding what chemicals can and cannot be placed in the anus. So Murphy, take a break, and come back when you feel like it - but there is no reason to say goodbye forever.

It does not have to be all or nothing! If you're fed up with the stupidity on BL take a few week breather and come back when you have time. It is a privilege to interact with so many brilliant people and your contributions do not go unnoticed. It's thanks to you all (and, er, college) that I have gone from knowing almost nothing to a place where my first article is being considered for publication in a prestigious journal (fingers crossed).

Without you people BL quickly disintegrates into chemical masturbation and an endless stream of question regarding what chemicals can and cannot be placed in the anus. So Murphy, take a break, and come back when you feel like it - but there is no reason to say goodbye forever.

I agree entirely, please murphy consider this!

Take care and good luck in your future endeavors.

sad to see you go murphy.
your posts were ones I spent the most time reading.
you specifically inspired me to be more proactive about promoting harm reduction in my posts in bdd (which is my haunt, to I occasionally browse add and post when I have questions)

cheers,
síocháin agus grá

i'm a long time lurker who recently started posting a bit. very disappointed to hear this, especially after f&b just left. you two were a couple of my favorite posters. hopefully the people you gave shoutouts to stick around, as those are some other favorites of mine.

and like a bunch of others have said, hopefully after you cool off a bit, you'll consider coming back, even if under a different name.

i completely second what seep said earlier in the thread.

good luck whatever you decide.

i've really learned a lot reading this forum the last few years (and realized just how much i don't know), and much of it is thanks to f&b, murphy, and many of the people murphy thanked. so thanks murphy and thanks everyone else for making this totally amateur (no formal chem education) drug nerd a little bit more informed.

no more murphyclox or fastandbulbous? ahhhh the average wisdom here just dropped so much. boo.

Cheers and godspeed Murphy! I lurk more than anything nowadays, ever since demodding myself earlier this year, so we really haven`t directly interacted much, but hey - out of all the posters on this particular forum, I found your posts the most insightful. As you would say...Peace!

I hope you have it in you to show up once in a while and lay the pharmacological smackdown on ignorant Wikipedia pharmacology goons. You are the man. At the very least, take a big break and come back with a fresh state of mind. When I left my mod position, I needed a huge break, but the interim time did wonders, and now I`m posting more again. Food for thought.

Best regards ol' chap. Catch ya on the dark side of the forum.

Another great loss :( but thanks for all the help mate, hope to still see you on the other side.

I put up in the past with being accused as "elitist", "arrogant", "educative" and "pejorative.[/SIZE]

Its not just you, a lot of people here in ADD are like that and they dont help or respond to anyones topics that don't suit their own interests, or if its a topic that is outside of their own experiences they are sceptical or call you a troll, they act territorial towards others who dont usually post here, they are quick to assume and misjudge, they refuse to keep an open mind and if they disagree with your topic or if its not to their liking they give you an arrogant attitude. But they dont seem to be going anywhere so I dont know why you are?

Thirded. For both Murphy and F&B (and anybody else for that matter).
Lazy bastard that I am I haven't posted in F&B's yet, even though he's been my largest influence on Bluelight. I best do that soon.

Oh no, I am very sorry to hear this.

I had hoped you would just ignore the fools you talk about and be as cooperative with the forces of nature that drive this forum, of which you definitely named a good set of names.

Don't know if I really understand your decision (I do rationally but nothing more) but I respect it. Shame you felt like you had to meet the level of every ignorant person person here and explain again and again.
If people ask advanced questions and don't understand answers they shouldn't have skipped learning from basic drug discussion and should not expect to get an understanding of complex matters just from the post of a member.

I admit that I sometimes ask questions that are a little over my head but I accept that and just try to learn as much as possible.

Personally I don't care to argue if you have behaved elitist or not or whatever. If your understanding is pretty elite than how the hell should you behave?
Intelligent people get a lot of shit because they 'act so intelligent', with their fancy words.
Your beef is a common one but I hate that it has gotten the best of you.

Hate to see you go man... good luck with everything and take care <3

Correct information is correct information, regardless of whether it's given by the most gentle soul in the world or the biggest asshole alive. However you judge your character, or how others see you, means little when considering the value you've brought to AdvDD. And for what it's worth, I think you are a cool guy and enjoy your posts (to the extent I could understand them ;)). You're a little too hard on yourself in your original post, I think.

Take care of yourself and I hope a good future for you. Come back and visit whenever you like!

This is truly painful to read... I was actually unaware that things have been going this badly for you... I wish there was anything to do to help or perhaps convince you to stay...

One thing is for sure: as one of the few on this forum who are at once active Harm Reductionists AND authoritative in their depth of technical knowledge. There is no doubt that you are one of the most important contributors to BL, keeping in mind its primary function as a Harm Reduction forum, and it is certainly BL who is at loss here, not you.

And one thing I'd like to note: I have always thought your language is better than fine, especially for someone for whom it is a second language (probably amongst several other second languages).

I sincerely hope you reconsider...