• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Murphy Clox says goodbye!

MurphyClox

Bluelighter
Please accept my apologies, this is usually not considered to be proper ADD-material but I kindly request the ADD-admins to leave this thread open for once or at least let it stay in this subforum.
According to my profile I have/had >1600 posts, of which only 10-20 were placed outside ADD. Hence, out of the borders of this certain subforum nobody at Bluelight knows Murphy anyway. I really can't imagine any more suitable subforum at Bluelight were I could place this resp. were I should place this. I feel that I really should write these last lines, to thank some members adequately, who have given me so unbelievable much help, insight, inspiration and motivation.

I promised recently elsewhere that my last post in this forum was written, but well, I have to renege on this promise of mine for this single occasion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obviously I disagreed sometimes with certain opinions and statements spoken out publicly in ADD, and due to this I put up in the past with being accused as "elitist", "arrogant", "educative" and "pejorative"*. I'm not such a fragile soul that this has affected me significantly in the past, well, except for making my contributions a bit more well-mannered (...because I still consider myself adaptive despite my age).
But I'm really fed up with this kind of ignorance. I'm fed up with molesting the shit out of my dictionary only to get misunderstood again (for the ones who didn't know: I am not a native english speaker). Did I make myself really so unintelligible? It became so extraordinarily exhausting to deal with this (..."fed up" was probably not the most appropriate term).

My patience has gone its course with imbecile and ignorant backseat drivers (and yeah, that is actually a term from my aforementioned dictionary), who prefer to complain and insult rather than invest only a second in trying only to understand my point (I never really demanded agreement though, unless we were talking about hard scientific facts). A recent and entirely pointless dispute marked the last straw! But it is definitely not the sole reason for my leaving.
I came to the conclusion that my nowadays rare sparetime needs a more appropriate focus than trying to persuade people of something they apparently don't want to be persuaded of. I'm still having a hard time to grasp, why so, maybe I'm really as narrow-minded as I was told by some folks. :( :( :(

Hence:
Goodbye Bluelight!
Most of the time it was a real joy to be part of this marvellous forum for more than two and a half years! The positive responses of many Bluelighters fueled my motivation to go on and on, and I'm glad that on some occasions I could give something back.

I would use this very last post of mine to explicitly thank some people:

• First and foremost, I need to adress my thanks to Hammilton. You really were (and actually still are, just not here) my main motivator and I honestly consider you as something as kind of a 'mentor'. It was not so much what you wrote here, but the way how you did so, plus all the new and fascinating ideas, which gave me a sense for working my own brain. I have the feeling that some people here may not really like good ol' Hammi for his...errrr...sometimes a bit 'direct' way of phrasing his posts, but everyone inclined in thanking me is invited to send Hammilton some flowers on my behalf.

• Many many thanks to Vecktor, Nuke and FastandBulbous for keeping this place together, for upholding law and order, and after all, sanity. And of course, thanks for the wisdom and knowledge you shared with me. The expertise of these 3 guys taken together would suffice on its own for an entire forum.

• Furthermore, regards to MeDieVil, Hamhurricanes, Seep, Dread, rocknroll714, Matt_Psy, mad_scientist, wungchow, ebola?, slapdragonx, Limpet Chicken and - of course - Jamshyd (in random order), for the insight, your appreciated opinion and the help that you unselfishly provided on so many occasions. I'm sure I forgot some names, sorry 'bout that. I have learned so incredible much from you that this can never be payed off adequately. We did not always agree with each other, but you bore with me, which was surely not easy.

• Also thanks to melange for the entertaining parts ;) and the occasional interspersed one-liners, which brought already far out discussions back on track.

• Last but not least, I have to thank /navarone/, too. There were some moments when I acted rudely on him (...although I still insist it was justified =D), but his forgiving approach really thought me a lesson about human nature. I apologize for the hard words that were spoken out, but by waiving to be resentful, you demonstrated real moral superiority. That's probably the issue in which you beat me most, beyond any doubt.

As final note - if there is something at all I'd like people to associate with the name "Murphy" - I will express for a last time, in very few and hopefully clear words my sole base for arguing in a 'harm reduction'-way, as I propose it. Some folks smiled at me with contempt for thinking so, but am convinced that I'm totally right in this respect.
This is actually the main motivation of all my posts, whose content did not deal with dry, stodgy, scientific facts, but which dealt with giving advice and personal opinion:
MurphyClox said:
Better to warn once too often than not often enough!

Take care of you, all you drug enthusiasts, junkies, nerds and psychonauts!

Murphy Clox, over and out

* I admit, I agree to some limited extend to have acted "pejorative" on certain occasions. My tone was sometimes inadequately offensive, but fortunately were the ADD-admins always able to get me back on track with a single comment. That said, I'm still an unreasonably insistent nerd.

This is bad news:( You were one of our best members, you have provided us with so much valuable information, please if you would ever consider there are many members here that want you to stay, because many did respect and learn from your opinion.

:(

I already expressed my gratitude earlier in another thread however I feel it's necessary to express it again.

You always were able to scan through endless archives and uncover this piece of information (or multiple pieces, usually) to either fully answer a question or set direction for it in a proper and well written manner. I'm still thankful (and very surprised) you found binding data for atropine at opioid sites - which confirmed what everyone, including myself, already assumed. A stubborn herbalist was spreading incorrect information and this was to prove her wrong.

I also wanted to say I appreciate that you approached my beginner questions the same way as others user's advanced ones - never making me feel foolish for wanting learn by inquiring, despite my current level. Sometimes others forget "we all began somewhere". Thanks for everything - on behalf of everyone, especially non-posting readers, this; <3

All the best to you Murphy.

Asta

Indeed bad news!
F&B gone and now Murphy. You were clearly one of the best here and I always liked your informed answers. I don't care at all about style if the content is good and scientific, and your comments always were.

It's really unfortunate for me (and definitely many others) not to be able to read your informed opinions and clarifications. BL has indeed became poorer!

Anyhow, best of luck to you!

:( :( :( :(

I don't know what else to say. Good bye and good luck. BL will be a sad and lonely place without the likes of you.

this sucks and makes me sad :(:(

you are without a doubt one of the most if not the most helpful bluelighter

you often went out of your way to explain things, answer questions, and find sources/papers/references for people, myself included

I really hate that you have to go, and apologize for the ignorance of some bl's that have forced you to have to make this decision

I always have envied you and you are a true motivation to me

I hope you continue to post on the other board

I will miss you my dear friend

Last edited:
You were really someone who made a difference and a positive one at that, too. Thanks for all the informative and clearly written posts.

Good luck!

First F&B now Murphy, It's too bad , these members had a lot to offer.
Hope they log in from time to time.

Good luck to both of you.

:( Murphy

You're one of my favorites. It sucks to see you go. But I'll see you around the other forum.

you should not let the bullshit bother you so much.

pity as you were usefull in making things easy to understand

This is unbelievably sad.
I'm ashamed that I'm out of words right now due to last nights hangover and my head is killing me.
It was quite an experience having him around, his approach was surely questionable but his professioanlity was undoubtably admirable. I still do believe that in a few occasions he was quick to dismiss my views or unexperienced statements/questions but that was somehow expectable considering the level of this forum and my silly and foolish ways of posting and trying put myself in the top lines to earn a consideration that I didn't deserve.
I probably will be always remembered as the drug enthusiastic tYpO benzohead euphorically delirious italian that I once was when I insistingly started to post in this forum with very poor qualification and presentation, (I was 17-18 then now 22). I must admit that I grew up to better myself thanks to Murphy's 'rants' (and other members opinions) that served to me as an example and motivation to start writing properly, research more and making less unstructured assumptions becoming less and less dumb.

Whenever I confronted Murphy's crude responses in the past I quickly understood that I had no reason to take it personally (that would have been very childish), and so along with some disagreements managed to cultivate a constructuve path inside this forum, unlike someone who recently earned my distaste thanks to his attitude (despite having extended knowledge and great verbal skills) who not only stressed da living fuck out of Murphy giving him the one and final reason to leave this forum but also blew the chance to quickly become a respected and constructive forum member with his potentials.

My head is still hurting especially after having to assist such a loss in the forum. It's incredibly sad that a member of his caliber and knowledge is leaving this forum.

I really do not comprehend why he had to be so harsh on himself in this last post, he could have taken FastandBulbous place as a moderator anytime. I hope that with the needed time he will reconsider to not let such bullshit from some users put him down cause by staying he would show nothing but an act of strenght, selfrespect and willpower.

This forum will definetly not be the same without you, you where without a doubt a standing pilar of this community.

You will be deeply missed.
As a sign of respect and mourn I want to dedicate this salute to him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuZ5Xbt8-00&feature=related(Please don't take it as a joke)

Wish you all the best.

You always seemed like a cool dude. Sorry to hear it didn't work out. Have a good one! :)

Bye and have a good time.
I always loved your sense of irony and humour.

I mean, if it's not fun for you any more then god speed.

But if it is still interesting for you then why not just pop in every once in a while under another identity? Google loves Bluelight and you are one of the few professional scientists who is a frequent poster here. Your influence on the global drug-using community is by no means irrelevant.

ADD will probably be less "advanced" now. Let us know if u are moving onto greener pastures(forums). Take some time off, hopefully you(and F+B) will decide to return