• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Movies on dissociatives

I fucking love this. Both the idea of wearing an eye patch to combat disso-vision and the name PCP Pirate. Brilliant! I once saw a website selling an eye mask with cavities for your eyes so that you could enjoy "CEVs" in perfect dark with your eyes comfortably open. I once tried to use a windowless bathroom to this effect, but was put off by the lingering smell of urine. Someone should make the dissociative eye patch equivalent. In fact, that eye patch should probably be sold on www.PCP-Pirate.com.
Ha, I bought pcp-pirate.com for the lulz. pcpirate was unfortunately taken. :/

I highly recommend NOT watching NBK on dissociatives. Many years ago I nearly had a psychotic break while watching NBK after consuming 1.2g of DXM roughly 10 hours after a "moderately strong" LSD trip (I also strongly recommend not combining large doses of these two drugs in general). I started engaging in some involuntary movements, first raising my fist in a salute-like gesture to then drop my lighter on my chest (roughly 3-4 times) and then actually dumping my bong water onto my chest. As I stood and attempted to stagger my way to the bathroom to refill the water, I was suddenly, absolutely, utterly, and terrifyingly convinced that if I continued to get higher I would begin to act out certain events in the movie. While I am absolutely certain that the hazardous combination of drugs was largely responsible for the deleterious effects on my state of mind, I am equally certain that the ensuing six to eight hours spent curled up in my bed in terror would have been better spent rather blissfully believing that I was everything and everything was I had I chosen to watch some footage of waterfalls and trees instead.
You're making a very good point there. It's actually not uncommon at all to 'relive' movies during dissociative experience. NBK is one of my all time favourite movies and I tend to pick the darkest most twisted and sinister movies I can possibly find hen I am on dissociatives, but I surely wouldn't recommend that to most people. Trees and waterfalls on the other hand...

Imho the easiest movies to watch on relatively high doses are still movies like Koyaanisqatsi without spoken words, those will usually grant a rewarding experience, especially on ketamine. :D

I used to love NBK too, having watched it at least a dozen times before the above mentioned incident, several times under the influence of various other drugs. I think I would have made it through fine, but at the time I was dating a girl with an abusive family so the scene with Rodney Dangerfield hit a little too close to home.

On dissociatives I enjoy watching movies that don't even make sense while sober. It sort of intensifies that losing the plot feeling. Anything by David Lynch sounds like a good idea. Upstream Color and Kiss of the Damned were a couple I watched recently with MXE.

^i was just about to type upstream colour when i read your post (you don't even really need the dissociatives)

Also THX1138, Holy Mountain, Mr Nobody, The Fountain

Movies on dissos...hmmm...I mean, I guess it depends what you want to watch I guess. Whatever you watch, it will probably be confusing, so just watch something that you'd regularly enjoy sober and the dissos will certainly enhance your viewing experience :)

I like watching episodes of Rick and Morty while diss'd. Too bad I've seen them all already, but man that show was MADE for tripping. Made by tripping people, for tripping people. I'd highly recommend watching it, its available online for free on adult swim's website. #shamelessplugforthebesttvshowever

I am actually surprised that Wonderwall isn't more popular with people who take drugs and watch movies. I bought the blu ray and it was great on LSD. When I came on here to search for it all I could find were posts about oasis. I love old school psychedelic movies

I've recently seen "The Machinist", "Fight Club", "Pi" and "Harry Potter" series on a dissociative. Any good psychodrama or fantasy movie with some deeper sense should be great on a lower dose of a dissociative.

How are you guys accomplishing this? I'm not that versed in disacociatives but I treied like hell to watch episode 4 of true detective on the tail end of an MXE trip and I ended up having to watch the whole episode 3 times! I'm thinking unless your. Watching something just for the imagery, I really don't understand how one could watch anything with a plot at all???

Probably a combination of the right dose, experience and it not being the first time you're watching it.

I am actually surprised that Wonderwall isn't more popular with people who take drugs and watch movies. I bought the blu ray and it was great on LSD. When I came on here to search for it all I could find were posts about oasis. I love old school psychedelic movies
I watched about half of that movie recently while sober and it was certainly.... interesting hah. I'll have to give it a better watch some time.

Last edited:
I've recently seen "The Machinist", "Fight Club", "Pi" and "Harry Potter" series on a dissociative. Any good psychodrama or fantasy movie with some deeper sense should be great on a lower dose of a dissociative.
Mr Nobody
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485947/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4

12 Monkeys<
Inland Empire (prepare for a nightmare!)

Mmmm I've never tried watching Mulholland Drive while dissociated. Will do now. Btw I kinda walk like a pirate too whenever I wear this thing.^^

I like watching episodes of Rick and Morty while diss'd. Too bad I've seen them all already, but man that show was MADE for tripping. Made by tripping people, for tripping people. I'd highly recommend watching it, its available online for free on adult swim's website. #shamelessplugforthebesttvshowever
Haha so did I, I can't wait for that show to re*buuurp*turn. Think Futurama meets Trailer Park Boys.

Last edited:
My roommate and I watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas last night on our first MXE experience. That movie always just makes me feel like a dirty druggie hah. When it was over, we went into my roommates bedroom, and it was messy as fuck; we joked a lot about how it actually looked a heck of a lot like their hotel rooms in the movie hahahahahah.

Hangover 3 after IM 120mg of K was such a velvety luxurious experience.

The holy mountain on MXE is also superb.

Movies are very strange on dissociatives. DXM and Ketamine usually make them seem very fake and empty if you know what I mean. PCP makes all the character's behavior seem incredibly bizarre but somehow meaningful in a weird sort of way, can't really explain it.

A few movies I enjoyed on dissociatives...

Drugstore Cowboy
Trainspotting
Gummo- Very strange even when sober; a great movie though in a fucked up sort of way, very real feeling yet incredibly surreal
My Own Private Idaho
Kids
Ken Park
Open Water

^Definitely going to check that out. Memento on a low dose of 3-Meo-PCP was pretty nice. I tried to watch Looper a couple weeks ago but ended up blacking out on mxe. The only part I caught was Bruce Willis shooting a little boy which freaked me out a bit but the mrs said it was pretty damn good. Prometheus was amazing, dissociatives and science fiction seem to be made for each other. It's funny, I really don't miss the effects of mxe and others at all. It's listening to music/watching movies/playing video games while on mxe that I miss dearly, a form of anhedonia I suppose. Anywho, I apologize for the poorly punctuated, off topic rambling.

Definitely checking Oddsac out, sounds great. I really like some Animal Collective songs anyway.