• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Movies on dissociatives

Try "Samsara" next time. Same Director, same beauty, same disgust.

Thank You!! That's the one someone in the PD social thread and I were both looking for but I came up with Baraka. Then I tried watching it again with a friend and was totally confused about where the scenes with the S-Asian deities had gone (IIRC the first and last scene of Samsara).

Thank You!! That's the one someone in the PD social thread and I were both looking for but I came up with Baraka. Then I tried watching it again with a friend and was totally confused about where the scenes with the S-Asian deities had gone (IIRC the first and last scene of Samsara).
I'm most likely gonna rewatch that one tonight as well. :)

I would suggest avoiding movies that are very emotionally dramatic and depressing (even if they are beautiful), I've watched such movies deep in the K-hole once upon a time and I really identified way too much with it so that it caused a 2 week depression upon recovery.
Emotional stuff can be great on psys if the emotions are positive (and the main actress/actor beautifull). I'm a Veronica Mars fan and watched one episode while on a psy once. She just got back with Logan (her on and off bf, think Rachel Ross or Buffy Spike (Angel is a wanker)) and the psy enhanced my emotions to the point that I felt like I just got back with a girl I loved.. amazing. And Kristen Bell + psy visuals = even prettier than normal.

If you enjoy amime, Paprika was a great movie (and I'm not a huge anime fan.)
Twin Peaks is always amazing... either the movie or the show.
Eraserhead was also entertaining and bizarre. Probably boring when sober though.

Really though Twin Peaks is my recommendation. Even if you've watched it 100 times before. In fact, I'm gonna watch it now :)

Edit: You probably need to see the show to appreciate the movie. I just watched it again & though it's a prequel, you should watch the show first.

I fucking love that show. I haven't seen Fire Walk with Me yet though.

Last edited:
qeICNIF.jpg

Don't know about you guys, but I always get double vision on dissociatives, so these come in very handy.

What to do, what to do...

Festen
or
Inception

?

Last edited:
'Mr. Nobody' left me with a fully blown mind. It was recently released on DVD too (finally, 3 year after initial limited release) so should be easy to find.

'Mr. Nobody' left me with a fully blown mind. It was recently released on DVD too (finally, 3 year after initial limited release) so should be easy to find.
Yeah that was fucking amazing. First movie I watched on diphenidine. I'd warmly recommend that one for this substance in particular.

Festen also works pretty damn well. Prepare your anusl

Arrr...it's the PCP Pirate!
Arrrr.. Diphenidine is the only one that isn't causing double vision so far.

I've watched Natural Born Killers before on DOB. I highly recommend that experience.
Especially with a loved one.

How are you guys accomplishing this? I'm not that versed in disacociatives but I treied like hell to watch episode 4 of true detective on the tail end of an MXE trip and I ended up having to watch the whole episode 3 times! I'm thinking unless your. Watching something just for the imagery, I really don't understand how one could watch anything with a plot at all???

Anything with Marilyn Monroe - getting dragged into her ditzy world.

while not normally interested in action movies while sober, somehow i love them while on dissociatives

the horrible movie 2012 was amazing on 800mg of DXM

i saw it in the theater, though... something about getting blasted on dissociatives and going to watch flicks on the big screen is so awesome.

make sure you know yourself and your dose well, though :)

How are you guys accomplishing this? I'm not that versed in disacociatives but I treied like hell to watch episode 4 of true detective on the tail end of an MXE trip and I ended up having to watch the whole episode 3 times! I'm thinking unless your. Watching something just for the imagery, I really don't understand how one could watch anything with a plot at all???
Well, it does get slightly easier, but it's more about timing. Read my initial post again. I sure the fuck couldn't watch a movie after right after IV'ing 100mg MXE. Once I come back to this planet though, it usually works. When I'm still too far gone, I sometimes have to rewatch the whole thing.

It's not really about following every detail of the plot though, it's about being completely engrossed in every little moment on screen. I can still remember the movies I watched on my very first PCP experience (8 years ago), "Matador" with Pierce Brosnan and another one which name I isn't coming to me right now. I even remember which episode of House I once watched on IM ketamine (the one in which he is completely losing his fucking mind lol). This is quite funny because memory can be slightly impaired on dissociatives.

Anything with Marilyn Monroe - getting dragged into her ditzy world.
I'll be trying that!! :)

First let me say I'm somewhat surprised to see that this thread has not taken off to Big and Dandy status like the "Big and Dandy Music on Dissociatives" thread.

Arrr...it's the PCP Pirate!

I fucking love this. Both the idea of wearing an eye patch to combat disso-vision and the name PCP Pirate. Brilliant! I once saw a website selling an eye mask with cavities for your eyes so that you could enjoy "CEVs" in perfect dark with your eyes comfortably open. I once tried to use a windowless bathroom to this effect, but was put off by the lingering smell of urine. Someone should make the dissociative eye patch equivalent. In fact, that eye patch should probably be sold on www.PCP-Pirate.com.

I've watched Natural Born Killers before on DOB. I highly recommend that experience.
Especially with a loved one.

I highly recommend NOT watching NBK on dissociatives. Many years ago I nearly had a psychotic break while watching NBK after consuming 1.2g of DXM roughly 10 hours after a "moderately strong" LSD trip (I also strongly recommend not combining large doses of these two drugs in general). I started engaging in some involuntary movements, first raising my fist in a salute-like gesture to then drop my lighter on my chest (roughly 3-4 times) and then actually dumping my bong water onto my chest. As I stood and attempted to stagger my way to the bathroom to refill the water, I was suddenly, absolutely, utterly, and terrifyingly convinced that if I continued to get higher I would begin to act out certain events in the movie. While I am absolutely certain that the hazardous combination of drugs was largely responsible for the deleterious effects on my state of mind, I am equally certain that the ensuing six to eight hours spent curled up in my bed in terror would have been better spent rather blissfully believing that I was everything and everything was I had I chosen to watch some footage of waterfalls and trees instead.

Having said that, I used to think that Inception was THE movie to watch while under the influence of dissociatives. I recently proved myself wrong while watching The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (and I fucking hate Ben Stiller). What better movie to, as crOOk put it,

[be] completely engrossed in every little moment on screen
than a movie that is about living life "in the moment."