View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Movies on dissociatives

crOOk

Bluelighter
So I'm gonna hit those dissociatives today, not sure if it's gonna be IV MXE or diphenidine. Any suggestions for good movies once the wildest part is over?

Ha nice, I haven't watched that one yet. Thank you!

Got many more hours to fill though, more suggestions please.

I watched that one with the guy on a lifeboat with a tiger on a lot of mxe. Interesting experience.

Also Angel the series on lower doses (20-40mg). Made it look and feel different.

Pi most likely, only story of a boy on a boat with a tiger. I need think about this a bit, do this all the time and only more personal picks come to mind but nothing more generally pleasing and appealing. Psood will be all over this thread like white on rice.8o

for like a year i would drink a 8oz bottle of max strength syrup and 2 40s every night and watch movies.

Akira kurosawa's "Dreams"....or "Baraka"....or "Gummo"....or "city of lost children" or any David Lynch or Herzog...Or any of the -squatsi films...koyanasquatsi (sp?) etc....Or anything by Jodarowsky or Antonioni....

Akira kurosawa's "Dreams"....or "Baraka"....or "Gummo"....or "city of lost children" or any David Lynch or Herzog...Or any of the -squatsi films...koyanasquatsi (sp?) etc....Or anything by Jodarowsky or Antonioni....
Baraka was amazing.

Werner Herzog's documentary about Antarctica, Encounters at the End of the World. The depiction of the freezing cold landscape and the bizarre lifeforms living there go quite well with the feelings evoked by dissociatives.

I would suggest avoiding movies that are very emotionally dramatic and depressing (even if they are beautiful), I've watched such movies deep in the K-hole once upon a time and I really identified way too much with it so that it caused a 2 week depression upon recovery.

But personally I am not bothered that much by crazy or disturbing movies, give me Inland Empire any day. Or real avant-garde. Not that I always feel like them.

Herzog did a "Walking With Dinosaurs" thing called Dinotasia, that is lovingly crafted, funny, violent as hell, and narrated by Herzog that is really worth watching, and even more worth springing on an unsuspecting friend.
Gummo is a lifetime favorite of mine, but depressing as fuck.
Howl's Moving Castle, and/or Spirited Away are good for the cause.

If you enjoy amime, Paprika was a great movie (and I'm not a huge anime fan.)
Twin Peaks is always amazing... either the movie or the show.
Eraserhead was also entertaining and bizarre. Probably boring when sober though.

Really though Twin Peaks is my recommendation. Even if you've watched it 100 times before. In fact, I'm gonna watch it now :)

Edit: You probably need to see the show to appreciate the movie. I just watched it again & though it's a prequel, you should watch the show first.

Last edited:
Try "Samsara" next time. Same Director, same beauty, same disgust.
Ah yeah, I've already watched that one before when I was sober. Wasn't as enjoyable as this one on MXE. What's remarkable is that the whole movie seemed to be over extremely quickly. I couldn't believe the credits were already rolling, it seemed to me like around 30 minutes had passed, when usually time is stretching out forever when I watch movies on dissociatives. Maybe it's just the MXE (vs PCP, diphenidine or ketamine) which doesn't cause this subjective dilation of time for me, it was definitely noteworthy.

So since I don't have any obligations for today or tomorrow, I'll be doing anohter 100mg IV MXE in a couple of hours and will check out some of those other recommendations (eventhough I already know most of the movies mentioned).

Thanks a lot everyone! :)