• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Movies on dissociatives

You should give Under The Skin a go. Aboslutely bonkers, i've never seen a film like it

You should give Under The Skin a go. Aboslutely bonkers, i've never seen a film like it
I just watched that the other day and was thinking the same thing. Very atmospheric and moody, not a lot of dialogue, visually intense. Not quite in the batshit insane category, but close and quite dark.

Some of the men that Scarlett Johannson picked up in that movie were actually non-actors randomly picked up while cruising the streets.

Breaking bad was insane to watch on mxe, the grimey colors in the darker scenes looked so amazing.

i watched "Dark City" on 3meopcp and... oh my fucking god ! talk about peak experience i was left speechless...
i have already seen the film 3-4 times before and not only did i notice a bunch of things i have not before but i also understood how much this film has affected me on a conscious and subconscious level in the past. Also i made thousands of connections with other films some of which will be great for dissociatives to: thx 1138(its basically like a white dark city, with a bit more of a political edge) also "the 13th floor"(the much much much better version of the matrix) and of course "the matrix" :)

ahahah all this talk about these films reminded me of my favorite joke :)
" Rene Descartes walks in to a bar. The barman asks him what will he be drinking. Rene replied 'A glass of whiskey.", the barman asked "What brand?" but Rene being deep in existential tough had no time to think what whiskey he would like so just said "what ever!".
The bartender decided to make a few extra bucks from this guy so gave him a glass of the most expensive whiskey. Later when handed the bill Descartes took a look and shocked by the amount of money he had to pay exclaimed "Oooh I don't think so !" and in that very moment disappeared never to be seen again." :D

Rear window (Hitchcock)
Loopers
Brazil
12 monkeys
Back to the future
Inception
Some like it hot
MindGame (anime)

My friend is coming over soon to watch "District 9"... we are debating taking some MXE, not sure if I will as I've been doing it a couple of times a week lately and I feel like it's too often.

Yeah Waking Life is awesome, I saw it in college, probably not tripping though, but most certainly stoned as hell.

If you want to make the most of your couple times a week, I would consider District 9 to be a waste of any more than a small dose. You probably have a decent tolerance though so 20 mg would almost certainly help with the immersion and suspension of disbelief (and wouldn't be so much to make you lose the plot), making the movie a bit more engaging.

Waking Life I think would make for great mind fodder on MXE if the ideas in the movie are new to you.

Just watched The Shining on 50mg of nasal MXE with my roommate. I honestly don't know if the drug made it impossible for me to conceive of creepy, or if The Shining has just never scared me. I appreciate it as a film (I mean, it's Stanley Kubrick, his movies are golden), but I think it's better on other drugs. MXE made it too easy to release myself from the film I guess.

Dissociatives can have a paradoxical effect on movie watching ability, for they can make it easier to immerse yourself in the movie world, but they can also make it easier to disconnect from it or lose the plot completely. It depends on the movie, mind set, dosage etc. As a general rule of thumb, larger doses only work for movies that are easy to follow or where the plot is secondary to the experience of the moment.

^I learned that the hard way hah. Also, I watched it during the peak, when normally I save the movies for after I start to come down. I find watching a movie on the come down is the easiest way to deal with my surplus stimulation and racing thoughts from MXE.

Only watched movies on dissociatives twice, but both were great experiences.
First time they were showing Spirited Away as the midnight movie at a small local movie theatre. Started it with a medium dose of ketamine and did bumps throughout the movie. By my last bump I was kinda wobbly walking back to my seat. Funnily enough, when I talked to my friends whom I met up with there after the movie, turns out they were on MXE for the whole film. Funny little bit of synchronicity.
Second time was a couple of weeks ago, took a night for myself and spent a few hours doing MXE. Watched Enter the Void while pretty darn dissociated and it was incredible.

I highly recommend both of these films for dissociative experiences.

A few days ago I went to see Interstellar. Went in advance, took a seat, went back outside to smoke a joint.

Then I went to the toilets, put 15 mg MXE under my tongue, around 15 minutes before the movie started. Kept the saliva for around 30 minutes.

The MXE prevented me from enjoying the movie. I couldn't feel a thing. Like I had left my emotions at home. It made the movie completely dull. I'm a big fan of SF, and I usually enjoy even crappy SF movies. Weed also allows me to greatly enhance the movie experience. Here it seems like MXE's dissociation overpowered the weed.

I've also tried higher doses. On higher doses it's even worse, the movies feel fake and terrible.

Apparently I'm not made to watch movies on MXE...

The good thing however, is that I was able to keep my calm, even though there were two massive douchebags right behind me. The smell of rancid sweat coming from the person to my left was hard to ignore tho.