• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Morphine MST

I have basically got myself into a right pickle. And my liking for opiates is a huge problem. The IV in hospital gave me a real taste for it and now I struggle

Pain management were terrible. They took me off oxy and put me on codeine and I felt suicidal. I had to get the mental health team to step in. Then they changed me back to oxy but by that point I was on the gear and feeling great.
r and never really found out if it works. Now I try to drop it I see it only takes the edge off but I'm now discharged from pain management. My pain isn't so bad in the morning but gets bad at night hence the short acting ones.

I have been on pregablin 4 years and dread dropping it but I would like to go back to work. I can't sleep with the pain as it is and I'm on way more opiates than they know. If I say anything I know I will lose my script.

yeah.
I understand.
I would love to go back to work but I cannot function on that high of a level.
I have major restrictions that make it impossible.
Just managing my health issues is a full time job!
My parents have needed help in their old age and I have helped my dad through Multiple System Atrophy.
He died a few years ago and my mom is 80.
So, I look after my mom and kept my dad from going to a rest home. That is important work.

Us people who need help have just been left to try and figure out what to do on our own.
It is horrible enough to live in chronic pain! Let alone deal with all these restrictions, politics, judgement!

I have just told myself to do the best you can and do not worry about it.
I cannot worry about what anyone else thinks or their judgement or ignorance!
I am in a fight for my life daily here.

I have basically got myself into a right pickle. And my liking for opiates is a huge problem. The IV in hospital gave me a real taste for it and now I struggle

You can get your tolerance back down if you just stick to your prescribed dosage no matter what for a few weeks.
it is uncomfortable but it will get you free of the cycle you are in.
I wish you the best and I send my support, understanding, and love!
❤️

I feel bad for you. Guys since I have access to IV morphine ampoules 20mg,those are the real deal. THEY ARE MAD CHEAP TOO. I love my country 🇵🇪 😊

You can get your tolerance back down if you just stick to your prescribed dosage no matter what for a few weeks.
it is uncomfortable but it will get you free of the cycle you are in.
I wish you the best and I send my support, understanding, and love!
❤️
I don't feel like I'm ever going to get back to my prescription and be in manageable pain. I hope so, but I need more routine and distractions to take my mind off the pain. It's just shit because I know a decent opiate prescription would have me pain free

I don't feel like I'm ever going to get back to my prescription and be in manageable pain. I hope so, but I need more routine and distractions to take my mind off the pain. It's just shit because I know a decent opiate prescription would have me pain free
Me too.
I have been having to go some days each month with nothing because it is the best I can do.
otherwise I would be freaking out the entire month.
I don’t know what to do.

"Pain management were terrible. They took me off oxy and put me on codeine and I felt suicidal. I had to get the mental health team to step in. Then they changed me back to oxy but by that point I was on the gear and feeling great.
r and never really found out if it works. Now I try to drop it I see it only takes the edge off but I'm now discharged from pain management. My pain isn't so bad in the morning but gets bad at night hence the short acting ones."

@geekgrl OR ANYONE I think Im headed in the same direction! I have had chronic pain for over 20 years. On Disability and have plenty of tests and documentation proving it. With the "opioid crisis" my doc is worried about his license. He is starting to try and lower my meds which Ive told him is not going to be good. He knows I get terribly depressed due to pain and also losing my daughter in 2006 to a car accident. I just wanted to ask what you had to do to get the mental health team to step in?? I go to my doc for everything so dont have other docs. I know its coming to the point Im going to need more ammunition to keep getting my meds...any info you can share would be great!! Im not normally a forceful person but I know its coming to that. Thank you and stay safe with this horrible virus!!