• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Morphine MST

Misterx1976

Bluelighter
Hey guys back again
Just managed to get my hands on a strip of 30 morphine MSTs
Never heard or taken them before and wondering if anyone can help me with doseage and danger of taking these
I have taken codeine and tramadol regularly but have been given these to try

any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance

Morphine is approximately 10x the strength of codeine.

These are extended release tablets though which makes dosing slightly different. How much codeine do you normally take and what strength are the pills?

I have taken 90mg of codiene
These pills are 30mg
Is it the kratom tramadol feeling they give you?

They will feel more similar to codeine but with less nausea and itching. If you usually only take 90mg codeine then I would start with one of those at the absolute maximum, maybe in cut one in half and start with that.

Taking one is the equivalent of taking 300ish mg of morphine, so a LOT more than you are used to. However it will spread that morphine over 2-3x the duration, but you will probably still be pretty fucked if you take a whole one based on your tolerance. You can cut one in half but that will to some extent break the time release, by how much I'm not so sure.

I would probably start with cutting one in half and trying that, wait at least 90 minutes to see how you feel before taking the other half. What you have is much stronger than what you are used to so be careful.

They will feel more similar to codeine but with less nausea and itching. If you usually only take 90mg codeine then I would start with one of those at the absolute maximum, maybe in cut one in half and start with that.

Taking one is the equivalent of taking 300ish mg of morphine, so a LOT more than you are used to. However it will spread that morphine over 2-3x the duration, but you will probably still be pretty fucked if you take a whole one based on your tolerance. You can cut one in half but that will to some extent break the time release, by how much I'm not so sure.

I would probably start with cutting one in half and trying that, wait at least 90 minutes to see how you feel before taking the other half. What you have is much stronger than what you are used to so be careful.

thank you so much for that mate, excellent response and great advice, brilliant

For oral morphine, I'd START at 60 mgs. Extended-release morphine tablets just aren't particularly recreational...I've taken a 60 mg tablet before and barely felt anything.

But your mileage may vary of course.

when is the best time to dose then?
I take quite a lot of kratom so shall I ditch that while I try these?
Is the feeling more like heroin? I mean is is that severe?

thank you

when is the best time to dose then?
I take quite a lot of kratom so shall I ditch that while I try these?
Is the feeling more like heroin? I mean is is that severe?

thank you

You would be good taking 30 mg MS Contin.
That is a starter dose.
I take these 30 mg MS Contin for chronic pain.

It is just a very warm, mellow, pain reliever.
very subtle but clean and euphoric.

Yes, ditch the Kratom while taking them.

Enjoy!

Ok so these tablets are extended release 5mg
I’m assuming that 5mg won’t really do anything
I’ve had some green vein kratom and was going to take 5mg just to see if I feel anything
Not sure what to do

I’ve had some green vein kratom and was going to take 5mg just to see if I feel anything
Not sure what to do

5 mg?
they don’t make 5 mg MS Contin that I am aware of.
the lowest dosage is 15 mg.

Did you mean 15 mg?

if they are instant release they may make a 5 mg tablet. I am not sure.

if they are extended release you will need at least 30 mg to feel anything.

5mg XR won't do shit. Pop four for 20mg and see how you feel. Chew them up if you can to bypass the time release. I don't have experience with that specific brand though so not sure how easy it is to break the time release. I've only had Oramorph liquid (the best oral morphine you can get imo) and Zomorph (capsules, easy to bypass the XR just crush up those little balls).

Not sure what to do

If you do try them mixed with the Kratom- let me know how it works will you?
I am wondering if the Kratom being a partial agonist or whatever would mess with the morphine effects?

I am going to need to use a lower dosage MS Contin mixed with some Kratom for some days this month so I don’t run out of MS Contin and I am wondering how that is going to work?

It has been a rough few months for me.
I have had to use more MS Contin than usual. So I will need to cut it way down so I am not without completely.
I am hoping I can add some Kratom to keep me out of withdrawal.

If you do try them mixed with the Kratom- let me know how it works will you?
I am wondering if the Kratom being a partial agonist or whatever would mess with the morphine effects?

I am going to need to use a lower dosage MS Contin mixed with some Kratom for some days this month so I don’t run out of MS Contin and I am wondering how that is going to work?

It has been a rough few months for me.
I have had to use more MS Contin than usual. So I will need to cut it way down so I am not without completely.
I am hoping I can add some Kratom to keep me out of withdrawal.

There's no problems mixing kratom with regular opiates, it actually synergises quite nicely in my experience, and yes it should help keep withdrawals at bay 100%.