• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

^^^^ what do you mean by in the fridge? you have crushed pills in soaking in water, or pre made shots already filtered?

also, do you know what the best way is to reduce down/evaporate the opiate liquid?
I mixed up 8 pills with 8 ml of water, then filtered and added it to a pyrex container, i used another 4ml for another wash and filter that and added it to the rest... i didn't measure, but i had around 9-10ml in the container. I then evaporated it over 12hours(on top of a cup,that was on top of my little fire place, didn't get hot. but got really warm) and reduced it to around 1mg... i really wanted to go all the way and see crystals... i should have had 160mg of oxycontin) but the one mil looked thick and it had a sort of transparent crystal colour sort of effect,

Anyway, is it safe to leave oxycontin to evaporate in water over 24 hours?

i wheel filtered the oxycodone ml and got 2 really potent shots out of it... hit me a lot harder than doing an 80mg pill but seeing as the shot was left under warmth overnight, would there be any degradation, or a risk of the water being bad?

^^^^ what do you mean by in the fridge? you have crushed pills in soaking in water, or pre made shots already filtered?
Pre-made solution, micron filtered, in a vial. I store the vials of solution in the fridge.

also, do you know what the best way is to reduce down/evaporate the opiate liquid?
Nope, never had to do that. Other Bluelighters will have some suggestions I am sure.

I mixed up 8 pills with 8 ml of water, then filtered and added it to a pyrex container, i used another 4ml for another wash and filter that and added it to the rest... i didn't measure, but i had around 9-10ml in the container. I then evaporated it over 12hours(on top of a cup,that was on top of my little fire place, didn't get hot. but got really warm) and reduced it to around 1mg... i really wanted to go all the way and see crystals... i should have had 160mg of oxycontin) but the one mil looked thick and it had a sort of transparent crystal colour sort of effect,

Anyway, is it safe to leave oxycontin to evaporate in water over 24 hours?
It depends on what it is exposed to. I'm not sure to be honest. I wouldn't leave it out in the open for a long time IMO.

great! Thanks a lot

Good job. I have been searching for this info for awhile. I had a very bad previous experience shooting Morphine sulphate which resulted in a three day hospital stay.

Good job. I have been searching for this info for awhile. I had a very bad previous experience shooting Morphine sulphate which resulted in a three day hospital stay.

Oh wow! What happened? Are you OK? 3 days in the hospital sounds like it sucked, I hope everything turned out all right for you.

Glad you found this thread though. I made it a while ago after I began micron filtering. :)

If you have any questions feel free to ask here. Or you can PM me any time.

Oh wow! What happened? Are you OK? 3 days in the hospital sounds like it sucked, I hope everything turned out all right for you.

Glad you found this thread though. I made it a while ago after I began micron filtering. :)

If you have any questions feel free to ask here. Or you can PM me any time.

What happened was: right after I shot the MS ( I didn't miss) ( I shot into the vein inside the bend of my elbow) my elbow area swelled up about the size of an orange and my hand began to tingle and became numb. Apparently the MS had gelled in my vein and blocked blood flow to my lower arm. I was in college at the time and I went to the infirmary. I was put on a heparin drip and my arm was wrapped in a steamer like sleeve. The doctor said if this treatment didn't work they would have to cut down my vein. Luckily I came out of it OK. Although to this day that vein is shot.

Last edited:
What happened was: right after I shot the MS ( I didn't miss) my elbow ( i shot into the vein inside the bend of my elbow) area swelled up about the size of an orange and my hand began to tingle and became numb. Apparently the MS had gelled in my vein and blocked blood flow to my lower arm. I was in college at the time and I went to the infirmary. I was put on a heparin drip and my arm was wrapped in a steamer like sleeve. The doctor said if this treatment didn't work they would have to cut down my vein. Luckily I came out of it OK. Although to this day that vein is shot.

but you weren't micron filtering at the time right?
or did that happen even with micron filtering?

What happened was: right after I shot the MS ( I didn't miss) ( I shot into the vein inside the bend of my elbow) my elbow area swelled up about the size of an orange and my hand began to tingle and became numb. Apparently the MS had gelled in my vein and blocked blood flow to my lower arm. I was in college at the time and I went to the infirmary. I was put on a heparin drip and my arm was wrapped in a steamer like sleeve. The doctor said if this treatment didn't work they would have to cut down my vein. Luckily I came out of it OK. Although to this day that vein is shot.

Sorry to hear that man but I am so glad that you still have your arm. Really glad you got through that OK!

Glad to hear you sought medical treatment in time, a lot of people make the mistake of not doing so when it gets serious like that.

Thanks for sharing your story though, I appreciated hearing it.

but you weren't micron filtering at the time right?
or did that happen even with micron filtering?

I have been searching for this info for awhile.
I don't think he micron filtered when that happened but I'm not sure, this is what I'm inferring.

This is an absolutely brilliant thread Capt. H. Your information will help a lot of people out there...myself included. For the morphine sulfate er pills (Endo 60s) that tend to really gel up would a larger pore micron be at all useful in your opinion?

This is an absolutely brilliant thread Capt. H. Your information will help a lot of people out there...myself included. For the morphine sulfate er pills (Endo 60s) that tend to really gel up would a larger pore micron be at all useful in your opinion?

I'm not sure.

If some pills tend to gel, then I would suggest diluting it as much as possible, agitation (stirring/shaking), and then cotton filtering. After cotton filtering, you could use a 5um or 0.45um micron filter, before using a 0.22um one. It's really up to you what you want to do, but with morphine sulfate ER pills, I would really only trust a clear solution from using a 0.22um micron filter.

I have only used 0.22um filters, and I have never tried using morphine sulfate pills (other than I took a 30mg MS tab orally once a long time ago way back before I started using heroin - great experience) so I can't speculate on what larger pore micron filters would be able to do for you, since I'm not familiar with the "gelling" action.

I would research the inactive ingredients, one by one, and find out what particle size you are looking at, to see what it will / will not be filtered out by. If particles are or are not water soluble, will also help you determine if it will or will not be filtered out. :)

Thanks for the compliment! I'm really happy this is helping a lot of people out.

I know the morphine 60's your talking about. What I've always done/seen done is crush um up, add a lot more water than you normally would and heat the shit out of them. When you add lots and lots of heat the wax forms a film on the top and you can scrape/push it off. I would definitely use a steri-fit or a wheel filter (which i've only heard about on here and never seen) because the solution left in the spoon will not be without impurities. Also, don't shoot scalding hot water into your veins so throw the syringe in the cup of ice water or run it under cold water before you shoot it.
IDK what your relationship is with your doctor but switch to Kadien morphines if you can. They're incredible easy to shoot.
They have Steri-Fit at the exchange I go to and when I first started using them I was like WTF and didn't get it but you really do have to wet the end first. Just a little tip.
If stated something incorrect on here Captain Heroin let me know I won't be offended.

I know the morphine 60's your talking about. What I've always done/seen done is crush um up, add a lot more water than you normally would and heat the shit out of them. When you add lots and lots of heat the wax forms a film on the top and you can scrape/push it off. I would definitely use a steri-fit or a wheel filter (which i've only heard about on here and never seen) because the solution left in the spoon will not be without impurities. Also, don't shoot scalding hot water into your veins so throw the syringe in the cup of ice water or run it under cold water before you shoot it.
IDK what your relationship is with your doctor but switch to Kadien morphines if you can. They're incredible easy to shoot.
They have Steri-Fit at the exchange I go to and when I first started using them I was like WTF and didn't get it but you really do have to wet the end first. Just a little tip.
If stated something incorrect on here Captain Heroin let me know I won't be offended.

I don't think you got anything wrong, but I don't have any experience with morphine pills (aside eating a 30mg MS Contin once), or steri-fits, so other people can come in here and make other suggestions if they would like, I have no idea to be honest.

Everything you said sounds good, if you can get the wax out of the solution before you filter it I guess that's going to lessen the viscosity making it easier to pass through the filter.

Glad to hear that the exchange you goes to has some type of filter! The one I go to only has sterile cottons, but I get my own micron filters online.

Hi,

SWIM shoots oxycontin retard (he lives in Austria/Germany) everyday. He washes off the coating (he's got the 80's and the 40's), crushes them to fine powder and than dissolves the oxy in water on a spoon. Then he pre-filters with a piece of cotton. Then he squirts it through the micron-filter, on which a needle is attached, into a fresh, clean, sterile new syringe. Then he shoots the oxy. He always uses fresh cold tap water, never had problems with it.

Is this relatively safe? People who shoot street heroin don't use micron filters, and the heroin is cut up to more than 90% in some countries. In Austria and Germany, for example, heroin quality varies from 0-15% purity. People shoot that stuff for decades. So maybe micron-filtered oxy pills may be even less harmful than non-micron-filtered street heroin, right? Or is heroin nevertheless safer than oxy pills, even if they are micron-filtered?

Who else shoots oxycontin and filters with a micron filter?

Hi,

SWIM shoots oxycontin retard (he lives in Austria/Germany) everyday. He washes off the coating (he's got the 80's and the 40's), crushes them to fine powder and than dissolves the oxy in water on a spoon. Then he pre-filters with a piece of cotton. Then he squirts it through the micron-filter, on which a needle is attached, into a fresh, clean, sterile new syringe. Then he shoots the oxy. He always uses fresh cold tap water, never had problems with it.

Is this relatively safe? People who shoot street heroin don't use micron filters, and the heroin is cut up to more than 90% in some countries. In Austria and Germany, for example, heroin quality varies from 0-15% purity. People shoot that stuff for decades. So maybe micron-filtered oxy pills may be even less harmful than non-micron-filtered street heroin, right? Or is heroin nevertheless safer than oxy pills, even if they are micron-filtered?

Who else shoots oxycontin and filters with a micron filter?

If you get pills and micron filter them (and the harmful inactives are filtered out - a 0.22um should do it for most cuts) , then it should be safer than using street drugs when you're not micron filtering. Given some drugs, like heroin, are cut in mind that people are IVing it, but not all dealers are so gracious.

I haven't ever micron filtered oxy but I know someone else who has, and it definitely works for them.

Pre-filtering with cotton is a great idea.

Welcome to Bluelight, by the way, we don't use "SWIM" here. Please check out the links in my signature - thank you. :)

I have a question about the injecting IM with regular water. I'm out of BS water and need to filter enough sub for a couple shots today. The last time I used regular tap water it burned and hurt really bad... maybe 2-3x worse than a charlie horse.. when I injected it my thigh muscle. I went & bought some distilled water and it did not burn as bad. I boiled both of them so sterilize. My question is why does tap water hurt so much? Thanks Jaz

I have a question about the injecting IM with regular water. I'm out of BS water and need to filter enough sub for a couple shots today. The last time I used regular tap water it burned and hurt really bad... maybe 2-3x worse than a charlie horse.. when I injected it my thigh muscle. I went & bought some distilled water and it did not burn as bad. I boiled both of them so sterilize. My question is why does tap water hurt so much? Thanks Jaz

Probably due to the things in tap water that aren't in bacteriostatic water, like heavy metals, etc.

Or, you could have hit a nerve, which explains for excessive pain.

I have a pretty high pain tolerance and I may have it a nerve? This has happened before..(runing out of sterile water) and I had to use regular water for a couple days and every shot hurts pretty bad, almost bad enough to keep me from using. I suppose there's gotta be something in the water like you said. Thanks -Jaz

I have a pretty high pain tolerance and I may have it a nerve? This has happened before..(runing out of sterile water) and I had to use regular water for a couple days and every shot hurts pretty bad, almost bad enough to keep me from using. I suppose there's gotta be something in the water like you said. Thanks -Jaz

ow!!! Well I hope you feel better soon jaz! Let us know how it goes, and take care!

Yeah, something in the water is all I can think of, I hope you're all right.

OK this may have been asked already and if it was I am sorry - its a long thread and I'm kinda outta it ....

Where do I get all this stuff? Is there like a package I can just buy that has it all?

I usually just go to CVS (in NY) and tell em "Package of 1CC, 30Gauge, 1/2" please" and I'm out. What would I need to tell em for something like this?

Also - Can I order this type of stuff online? I was thinking of buying my rigs in bulk online but I wasn't sure if I should or not...anyone know?

OK this may have been asked already and if it was I am sorry - its a long thread and I'm kinda outta it ....

Where do I get all this stuff? Is there like a package I can just buy that has it all?

I usually just go to CVS (in NY) and tell em "Package of 1CC, 30Gauge, 1/2" please" and I'm out. What would I need to tell em for something like this?

Also - Can I order this type of stuff online? I was thinking of buying my rigs in bulk online but I wasn't sure if I should or not...anyone know?

Did you read the first post?

Where can I acquire all of these supplies?
The sad answer is, I don't think there's a "one stop shop" anymore for everything you need. It used to be that gpzservices.com carried everything you needed. Alas, they no longer stock bacteriostatic water. Bacteriostatic water is essential - sterile water alone does not have a preservative to prevent the growth of bacteria. Researchsupply.net also no longer carries bacteriostatic water, and also appears to be out of the 0.2 micron filters. I recently acquired bacteriostatic water from mountainside-medical.com, however I understand not everyone has $40 to throw down for 1-2 years' worth of bacteriostatic water.

Due to these inconveniences, I am on my way to acquiring Whatman Sterile 0.2 µm PVDF Micron Filters, sterile pre-sealed amber or clear vials, luer lock needle tips, luer lock syringes, bacteriostatic water, and anything else that's commonly needed for micron filtering. If you need or are interested in any harm reduction products, and don't want to pay multiple shipping costs, feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to arrange something via paypal and mail you what you'd otherwise have gotten from several different sites. This way, you'll only have to pay for 1 shipping/handling fee, not several (like I already have had to). As I see it, I am not likely to go through 750mL of bacteriostatic water very quickly (at least, quick enough to beat the expiration date).

I'll create guidelines for placing an order with me once I have supply, have done the math, and looked at shipping & handling charges, and how to set everything up. I'll have an order form for people who would like to save themselves on multiple shipping and handling fees.

As it stands, I bought the bacteriostatic water and the micron filters (and luer lock syringes, and media bottle) and the luer lock needles all at 3 separate places. So, by being able to buy from me, one S&H fee beats 2-3 of them for sure. Even if you're paying slightly more than what one website could save you on a single item. If you're going to be an IDU (Injecting Drug User) for more than 1-2 years, you can buy your own 25 count case of 30mL vials of bacteriostatic water from mountainside-medical.com, and you can buy the rest (luer lock syringes, luer lock needle tips, micron filters, media bottle/pre-sealed vials) from gpzservices.com. If you aren't planning on investing that much time or money into this, or you simply can't afford to sink that much money into all of this and just want to get 1 or 2 micron filters, a few syringes and needle tips, a bottle of bacteriostatic water, and a sterile vial or two, PM me and I'll be able to help you all out within time.

You cannot acquire these items at a CVS. They would look at you weird I am sure, lol.

The internet sites you can buy these products are listed above.