• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

That is probably the easiest way to do it yeah. You would be right.

You would need pure isopropyl alcohol. Regular rubbing alcohol has water in it, and that's enough to hydrolyze the H I am sure. If it wouldn't hydrolyze it that much you could use it, but it might be easier just to get 99%-100% isopropyl alcohol.

BTW if you do that and notice a much smaller quantity don't be alarmed. :)

No, of course. It's just that not knowing how strong my dope is, and it's not even that, it's that I don't have any fucking clue how strong it is, freaks the hell out of me.
Every H junkie I've heard of has all but accepted the ODing risk that comes with shooting up, and have all OD'd at least once in their history. I don't know what ODing feels like and I don't want to know.

Now can i find pure iso alcohol?

Now can i find pure iso alcohol?

I would think so, but I wouldn't know where to start looking, other than the internet.

If anyone knows if regular 91% iso would do, let us know. I have no experience using it for anything other than sterilizing injection sites.

I would think so, but I wouldn't know where to start looking, other than the internet.

If anyone knows if regular 91% iso would do, let us know. I have no experience using it for anything other than sterilizing injection sites.

If i did this I'd be letting it evaporate anyway and from my understanding it takes some time for diamorphine to convert back to 6MAM. I might try to sundry it or boil it off if too much is left.

If i did this I'd be letting it evaporate anyway and from my understanding it takes some time for diamorphine to convert back to 6MAM. I might try to sundry it or boil it off if too much is left.

Well I figure if you use enough H in a small enough volume of water you should have a minimal amount of 6MAM and mostly still diacetylmorphine.

If you do that, let us know how it works out for you man!

I've done this before to get 99% isopropanol.

Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate heptahydrate (MgSO4 * 7H20) but can be converted to anhydrous magnesium sulfate (MgSO4) simply by heating the dry crystals at 100 degrees Celsius for two hours. Once in anhydrous form, magnesium sulfate can be added in excess to the rubbing alcohol where it absorbs the water molecules to form various hydrate crystals.

The mixture of isopropanol and hydrate crystals is then poured over a filter; the collected liquid below is roughly 99 percent pure isopronanol.

I've done this before to get 99% isopropanol.

Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate heptahydrate (MgSO4 * 7H20) but can be converted to anhydrous magnesium sulfate (MgSO4) simply by heating the dry crystals at 100 degrees Celsius for two hours. Once in anhydrous form, magnesium sulfate can be added in excess to the rubbing alcohol where it absorbs the water molecules to form various hydrate crystals.

The mixture of isopropanol and hydrate crystals is then poured over a filter; the collected liquid below is roughly 99 percent pure isopronanol.

That's great. At least I know I won't have to go to the ends of the earth to get it.

Would it seem like a good idea to get the alcohol down to a very low temperature before using it?

I also want to add that while the method you suggested (dissolving the H in alcohol and passing it through a filter and then letting it evap on a plate) will provide you with a much purer and consistent product, if you are planning on injecting the H once the alcohol has evaporated, you really should dissolve it in water and pass it through a filter again because while the H was sitting on the plate, plenty of bacteria would have settled on the plate and your H would no longer be sterile.-DG

I also want to add that while the method you suggested (dissolving the H in alcohol and passing it through a filter and then letting it evap on a plate) will provide you with a much purer and consistent product, if you are planning on injecting the H once the alcohol has evaporated, you really should dissolve it in water and pass it through a filter again because while the H was sitting on the plate, plenty of bacteria would have settled on the plate and your H would no longer be sterile.-DG

True facts. Well put DG!

Hmm that is a problem i think.

If i had to choose I'd go with dissolving the H in hot distilled water when im going to shoot. Pass it thru the filter when necessary to be extra safe. My goal is to be able to store it, if possible

Hmm that is a problem i think.

If i had to choose I'd go with dissolving the H in hot distilled water when im going to shoot. Pass it thru the filter when necessary to be extra safe. My goal is to be able to store it, if possible

I would do the wash with 100% iso.

Then I would carefully weigh it out in known increments and store it in vials (you may have to get unsealed vials and the materials to seal them yourself, and you'll need to sterilize the vial beforehand). Then when you want to inject, you add in bac. water (or whatever fluid you prefer for IV) and draw the solution out of the vial.

You can't really store heroin in a wet solution without it hydrolyzing. At what rate I don't know though.

Additional tips before micron filtering...

As I found out the hard way last time I tried to micron filter...

1) If you invert the last step, tip the vial back side up before you pull out the needle, otherwise a little solution may jump out of the seal before it's completely sealed again.

2) Use more than 0.5 to 1 CC. I used 1CC and the solution sticked into the micron filter. The quick fix to this: I ran a separate 2CC through the micron filter, and the solution is about twice as dilute as I would have liked, but it otherwise worked well.

The reason why I was using so little water: I only wanted to filter 2mg of material.

I ran extra CC's of water through the filter back into a water bottle, and drank the remains. I concluded that with 2 additional CC through the filter, I got all of the active drug out. :)

"IMM REL" 15 mg oxycodone best method to filter

So I have always shot up my oxy and I have a script now for the 15 mg green roxis and for some reason I cant get them to filter well with just a cotton like I normally would with a oxycontin.:( The binders and fillers just absorb so much more water than the waxy oxycontins and like the water doesn't suck out of all the binders. :(:(

So does anyone have a good method? I also really want to get my hands on some micron filters. I live in the USA and I don't know where to get them!

Please help me! pretty please!!!:):):):)=D

Thank you sooooo much for your time! I really appreciate it.

Is there any reason that a propylene glycol/saline solution would not be able to be micron filtered? I know that propylene glycol is quite thick/viscous, but if the propylene glycol was diluted significantly, should I assume that it should be able to be micron filtered?-DG

^ All I know is that although clonazepam does exist in liquid propylene glycol solution, injecting drugs users don't inject it at all, even with large access to sterile water and micron filters. I don't know why, but there must be a good reason (BTW sorry if I always come back with my little bottles of liquid Roche clonaz, it's just that I want to know too if this d*mn thing is injectable!). And as phatass told me via PM, if the junkies don't do it, there must be a reason.

Is there any reason that a propylene glycol/saline solution would not be able to be micron filtered? I know that propylene glycol is quite thick/viscous, but if the propylene glycol was diluted significantly, should I assume that it should be able to be micron filtered?-DG

it depends on what type of micron filter you have, there's different materials that they are made out of.. Nylon, PVDF, or PES.. the first two will filter propylene glycol.. the last wont.

it depends on what type of micron filter you have, there's different materials that they are made out of.. Nylon, PVDF, or PES.. the first two will filter propylene glycol.. the last wont.

Hey I just PM'd you but I have some new info since the PM.
I know you stated that PES filters cannot be used to filter propylene glycol, however I just called the manufacturer of my micron filters and was told that my filters were indeed made of polyethersulfone (Im assuming that is PES), and that those filters are indeed compatible with filtering propylene glycol. I was told that I would likely lose some volume when filtering due to the viscosity, but that the propylene glycol would not dissolve or break down the filter or plastic at all.

Im a bit concerned though since you stated that PES filters are not compatible with propylene glycol. Can you elaborate at all? Thanks-DG

^ i just sent you a PM with the site that lists the only 3 kinds ive heard of.. and it has charts of the types of stuff you can filter through them.. so just check out the charts and thats where i got the info from.. it shows solution filtration (which would be propylene glycol), oil based, water based, and flow speed for the different types.

this is the site http://www.researchsupply.net/filtration.html
it does show it could be filtered but it's rating for it is really low..

"PES Filter Membranes

It’s asymmetrical pore structure allows for very high flow rates, in addition the polyethersulfone membranes have the benefit of having low protein binding characteristics. Hydrophilic, and able to withstand higher temperatures, PES filters have a wide range of laboratory uses. However, does not withstand high pressures for filtration when filtering more viscous fluids. May not filter especially viscous fluids at all. Solvents mixed with other liquids or oils may work, but acidity of the mixture must be very minimal or it will damage the pore structure of the membrane. Ideally suited for rapid filtration of aqueous or less viscous fluids with low solvent concentrations."

and the chart is under it if you want a visual

Last edited: