• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

Great thank you.

11hdwG6UlyL.jpg

These are the blunt needle tips I was talking about. These are all that are available for sale on amazon, and I was trying to just order everything at once from amazon. They call them fill needles. I assume they are used for similar purposes to what I am trying to do. I was just concerned that I was wrong and maybe they would damage the rubber seal when trying to fill from and to the sealed vials.

Thanks for the help.

I found the filters you were talking about too. They are like 10 times the price of the other ones I was looking at. The price I found through amazon is $162 for 50 of them.

These are pretty expensive so I wanted to check how long they will last. How many of these do you think it would take to do 30 strips, assuming I prefilter?

I am wondering if it would be more economical to just buy the cheap ones, even if I have to use 3 of the cheap ones for every one of the good ones, It would still be much cheaper. I think I might order some of each and determine which is more economical.

Have you seen these Thomson extreme filter vials? They are being advertised specifically as an alternative to the whatman GD/X. These things are cool as hell. All the filtration is done right in the vial. All you do is squeeze it.

You can go on their website and fill out the sample request and they will send you free samples.

https://htslabs.com/catalog/index.php?d=filtration/eXtreme/PVDFfiltervials

[video]http://htslabs.com/techcenter/video/videos/how-to-toggle.mp4[/video]

^
best christmas gift ever.

Thanks for the link dude those things look very nifty.

^
works me , but it's probably too extreme for your computer:p

Just FYI, the video link isn't working for me.
You must be missing a plugin or something.

What do you think about the blunt needles? I posted a pic of them above. Not sure if they will work or not. Also I found those Whatman filters. The price I found through amazon is $162 for 50 of them.

These are pretty expensive so I wanted to check how long they will last. How many of these do you think it would take to do 30 strips, assuming I prefilter? Almost seems like it might be more economical to use the cheap ones even if I have to use 3 times as many. I ordered a free sample of those thomson extreme filter vials too, so maybe they might be a better way to go if they are a good price. But in the mean time I need to get something else setup asap. Veins are becoming scarce.

You must be missing a plugin or something.

What do you think about the blunt needles? I posted a pic of them above. Not sure if they will work or not. Also I found those Whatman filters. The price I found through amazon is $162 for 50 of them.

These are pretty expensive so I wanted to check how long they will last. How many of these do you think it would take to do 30 strips, assuming I prefilter? Almost seems like it might be more economical to use the cheap ones even if I have to use 3 times as many. I ordered a free sample of those thomson extreme filter vials too, so maybe they might be a better way to go if they are a good price. But in the mean time I need to get something else setup asap. Veins are becoming scarce.

I have only used the regular bevels before; I would suggest finding a different source for regular bevel needle tips.

IMO it would take more than 1 filter, probably 3+. I generally use 3 film strips per micron (without cotton filtering first).

Hopefully other people can chime in with how many they have put past a filter in the past.

If you micron filter I would consider IM use; longer duration, still very high BA, and you don't have to hit your veins. But ONLY if you micron filter.

http://www.exchangesupplies.org/shoplist_stericups.php

The sterifilt must have been mentioned here , i think it's 0.45 in pore size , cellulose , but the nice thing is you can slip it over any insulin needle although it takes some practice to do this without nicking the bevel.

23 us dollar cents , they are cellulose, so don't keep used ones around!.

Anyway must have been mentioned here , shipping is discreet but expensive like 30 dollars to western europe, so buy a lot!

I can also recommend the nevershare syringes which are modified Braun omnican fine 30 g x 12 mm insulin needles , the rolls royce of needles, you can pop the tops off real easy after missing a shot no more wasting reloading after missing!

does anybody have any experience with the wheel filters of chinese origin from ebay? cheap but not sterile must be clean though and sterilization is not impossible to do at home.

http://www.exchangesupplies.org/shoplist_stericups.php

The sterifilt must have been mentioned here , i think it's 0.45 in pore size , cellulose , but the nice thing is you can slip it over any insulin needle although it takes some practice to do this without nicking the bevel.

23 us dollar cents , they are cellulose, so don't keep used ones around!.

Anyway must have been mentioned here , shipping is discreet but expensive like 30 dollars to western europe, so buy a lot!

I can also recommend the nevershare syringes which are modified Braun omnican fine 30 g x 12 mm insulin needles , the rolls royce of needles, you can pop the tops off real easy after missing a shot no more wasting reloading after missing!

does anybody have any experience with the wheel filters of chinese origin from ebay? cheap but not sterile must be clean though and sterilization is not impossible to do at home.

I actually did place a pretty big order from exchangesupplies liek 6 months ago. I went through the sterifilts pretty quick though. The clog up very easy since there is no prefilter and they seemed to take forever to me. Probably because I was filtering the strips which seem to clog easily. Plus they did not solve the problem of having to go through the proccess of filtering 3 times a day. I just want to be able to do it once a month. Hopefully it will save me some time.

Of course, I still have the problem of having no veins left because I wasn't smart enough to order the supplies to properly filter the suboxone, which seems to be the most damaging thing to IV I have ever came across. It is kind of ironic that I now have no veins left after not getting high in over a year because of the harmful effects of the unfiltered suboxone. I could have kept using dope for 20 years probably and still not have the damage that one year of unfiltered suboxone has done to me lol

I have only used the regular bevels before; I would suggest finding a different source for regular bevel needle tips.

IMO it would take more than 1 filter, probably 3+. I generally use 3 film strips per micron (without cotton filtering first).

Hopefully other people can chime in with how many they have put past a filter in the past.

If you micron filter I would consider IM use; longer duration, still very high BA, and you don't have to hit your veins. But ONLY if you micron filter.

Thanks for the info. I will find regular needle tips . I have a feeling the blunt ones would destroy the rubber seal on the vials.

I have never tried IM. It seems like it would be painful, almost like missing a shot... This is not the case?

Since you usually get 2 strips per micron filter without prefiltering, I think it would be reasonable for me to get 6 per filter if I prefilter well. This would enable me to do 30 day supply with 5 filters. That way the 50 filters I am going to order right now will last me close to a year. Hopefully it works out that way....

The clog up very easy since there is no prefilter and they seemed to take forever to me.

the trick is, because the pore size is so fine on sterifilts compared to just a cig filter, is to pre-filter your mix with a cig filter then run it through the sterifilt. just as you would if you were using a micron filter. it get's all the coarse particulates out leaving a finer solution to pass through.

Thanks for the info. I will find regular needle tips . I have a feeling the blunt ones would destroy the rubber seal on the vials.

I have never tried IM. It seems like it would be painful, almost like missing a shot... This is not the case?

Since you usually get 2 strips per micron filter without prefiltering, I think it would be reasonable for me to get 6 per filter if I prefilter well. This would enable me to do 30 day supply with 5 filters. That way the 50 filters I am going to order right now will last me close to a year. Hopefully it works out that way....

Best of luck! It should work out for you fine. :)

IM use doesn't hurt for me. It'll feel different sticking a needle into your muscle, but it won't hurt IMO, unless you hit a nerve (which is something that can happen when IVing as well!)

Thanks for posting this info! I just got some .2 PVDF micron filters in the mail and I have a couple questions. I am using Dilaudid, and I pre-filtered the solution using cotton. After I drew that solution through the luer lock syringe, I then attached the micron filter and needle. My question is this -- The filtering process went *very slowly,* about a drop at a time. I feel like I'm using too much pressure as well. And, not all of the solution would push through the filter. About 1-2 units of liquid got stuck in the equipment and just wouldn't push through, even with a lot of pressure. So, I ended up sucking that solution back into the syringe and I used it anyway (with only the cotton filtering).
Now, I must be doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what. The micron filters are not whatman, so perhaps it's an inferior filter? It's from scientific strategies, .2 PVDF 25mm diameter. I would really appreciate any insight you can offer. I want to be micron filtering as much as possible and I really don't know what the problem could be. Thank you!!

Thanks for posting this info! I just got some .2 PVDF micron filters in the mail and I have a couple questions. I am using Dilaudid, and I pre-filtered the solution using cotton. After I drew that solution through the luer lock syringe, I then attached the micron filter and needle. My question is this -- The filtering process went *very slowly,* about a drop at a time. I feel like I'm using too much pressure as well. And, not all of the solution would push through the filter. About 1-2 units of liquid got stuck in the equipment and just wouldn't push through, even with a lot of pressure. So, I ended up sucking that solution back into the syringe and I used it anyway (with only the cotton filtering).
Now, I must be doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what. The micron filters are not whatman, so perhaps it's an inferior filter? It's from scientific strategies, .2 PVDF 25mm diameter. I would really appreciate any insight you can offer. I want to be micron filtering as much as possible and I really don't know what the problem could be. Thank you!!

The whatman brand filters that I use in the first post have a built in pre-filter.

some micron filters, possibly the ones you are using, only have the one 0.22um layer as a filter; this can be really hard to use, and makes sense according to your post.

It's best to get the whatman brand ones.

The whatman brand filters that I use in the first post have a built in pre-filter.

some micron filters, possibly the ones you are using, only have the one 0.22um layer as a filter; this can be really hard to use, and makes sense according to your post.

It's best to get the whatman brand ones.

Yeah, whatman's are really the only ones that I'll use. I've tried others but never had as much luck.

Did you pre-filter thru cotton? You really should pull thru cotton then back load a syringe packed w cotton and THEN micron filter. This will allow you to filter more volume and a lot faster.
I just got the millapore brand and had the exact same thing happen. Those filters clog way faster than the whatman brand.

another thing that caused a problem for me was not remembering to remove the air inside the vial before adding liquid.
I usually will add a larger gage needle tip thru the rubber to allow air to escape as necessary but feel like that also allows bacteria a chance to enter my vial. So I am not sure what is the safest method but remember to have the air out otherwise it could cause that same problem.

if you precrush the pills how do you get them in the micron filter? just curious I always wondered about that.