• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

If you are re-using a micron filter, you'll want to sterilize the male side of the 0.22um layer as best as you can. It's best not to re-use them.

U can use 'em for a day then there dust... maybe 2 if u keep it in the fridge.

If ur reusing the same filter for a week you're just asking for a serious blood infection... You're better off not using one at all then using the same one for a week imo.

Hey CH!... How's things these days bud?

Last edited:
Am I losing solution by filtering individual pills (crushed beads of Adderall XR and Focalin XR) in appropriate volumes for injecting - say, 50cc. It seems like sometimes the return is not as great as what I put in volume wise. Maybe not. Is this too little water? This didn't happen with cocaine.

edit: im using .20 filters

edit3: what pharm stimulants will pass more easily thru the filter? non-XR maybe? or something like dexedrine?

Last edited:
Am I losing solution by filtering individual pills (crushed beads of Adderall XR and Focalin XR) in appropriate volumes for injecting - say, 50cc. It seems like sometimes the return is not as great as what I put in volume wise. Maybe not. Is this too little water? This didn't happen with cocaine.

edit: im using .20 filters

edit3: what pharm stimulants will pass more easily thru the filter? non-XR maybe? or something like dexedrine?

You should do an air purge; there is about < 10 units of dead space in a 25mm syringe filter (the Whatman brand ones I use) and it will be retained. With an air purge, you are pushing air past the filter - which will force most of the dead space's leftover liquid through the filter.

I have micron filtered Dexedrine IR and XR, they both worked fine. Except, the actual injecting part, did not work as planned; d-amphetamine itself was corrosive to the vein, moreso than methamphetamine.

I wouldn't recommend people to inject regular amphetamine for this very reason.

Dexedrine XR was more pure and less cut than Dexedrine IR though. :)

how do you perform said "air purge?" I assume I would need the solution in the locking syringe barrel (mine is 12cc), otherwise the air would simply diffuse back into the filter; so are you saying I should push the extra air from the locking syringe through the filter? It didn't seem to work in the past, but that was only bubbles.

Also, I have not been using needles on said syringe. Only once the solution is out of the filter in a sterile vial will I draw it up with a needle. Is this a problem?

Oh, one more question...

If I'm filtering 1 or 2 shots at a time of any given stimulant how big a syringe should I use to push solution through the 0.20 filter. I'm shooting around 50cc in the end, but just (stupidly) ordered 30cc locking syringes for filtering. Is that way too big? The ones I use now are 12cc and seem like they lose solution. Idk.

What size is best for individual shots?

[ not PM-ed, case other ppl need your great answers :) ]

Answers for all...

Air purge - pull the plunger back at least 10-15 cc - screw it on the micron filter, and plunge. The "bubbles" are solution and air, but the bubbles indicate some solution coming out. It is a very small amount being eaten up though, with the Whatman brand filters I have, it only uses up < 0.5cc at most.

Alternatively, you can use 1 or 2 cc less water while filtering, and push that extra 1 or 2 cc past the micron filter after you've filtered the drug solution, so that it's all diluted properly, but the extra water will make sure nothing (active ingredient wise) is left behind.

Just using a syringe + filter is fine! :) Needle is unnecessary - except if you want to filter directly into a vial, like I do in the first post. :)

Oh, one more question...

If I'm filtering 1 or 2 shots at a time of any given stimulant how big a syringe should I use to push solution through the 0.20 filter. I'm shooting around 50cc in the end, but just (stupidly) ordered 30cc locking syringes for filtering. Is that way too big? The ones I use now are 12cc and seem like they lose solution. Idk.

What size is best for individual shots?

[ not PM-ed, case other ppl need your great answers :) ]

I'm not sure, it's really up to you. I think that I always want to use at least 3 mL if not more, because below that, and the micron filter will eat it up.

Try this out, just take 0.5 mL of water, and push it into the filter. Nothing should come out. If you do an air purge, most of the 0.5 mL should come out. If you pushed another 0.5mL with another air purge, all active ingredient would be out of the micron filter.

30mL syringes for filtering isn't bad, this is what I use (20-25 cc) because I make an entire 30mL batch at once (which is an entire bacteriostatic water vial's contents).

Even if you only need to use a few of the CC's out of the 30mL, that's not bad.

Keep in mind 1mL = 1cc = 100 units. Sometimes people mistakenly say "cc's" instead of units, this is incorrect. :)

28.gif
- lastly I just wanted to point out that I would not want to ever inject dexedrine IR or XR, even when micron filtered; there appears to be something about it that does not react well when injecting - I think it's one of the inactive ingredients.

I personally think it would be better to find some meth and IV that instead, only because I never had a similar problem when IVing d-meth. Not even MDA.

I'm not sure what else to say other than that I hope someone else who has tried this can back me up on it, maybe no one has had an issue like me but if they have I'd be interested to hear about it.

When injecting OC, dilaudid, buprenorphine, heroin, cocaine, MDA, meth, ketamine, etc. - I never had this problem, only with dexedrine ir/xr (after micron filtration!) - also the IR tablets do not filter well, there is something getting past it, very much so noticeably. By comparison it makes my Suboxone tab solution on the first page look REAL clear.

So I'm not sure what else to say; if it works for you, great, if you notice problems/veins start not looking that great, I'd stop. I'm not sure if this is a problem with d-amp/d,l-amp racemic salts (aka adderall) as I have never attempted IVing it before.

Last edited:
Hey. Im purchasing some mirons and materials to make shots in bulk from some dueche bag on here (<3) now I noticed 2 things on here I wonder myself.

A) For a 30mg roxicodone A215 (those are the ones i get in bulk) would cotton filter first, then micron be neccesary or shold it just be fine with just the micron (im going to prepare 10 pills in 5 cc of the bacwater so to achieve 60mg per 1cc shot which gets me feeling pretty nice =])

B) The color....I noticed with the V 48 12 roxicodones, the color always stays a windex blue color. You have no idea if these colors can be harmful to IV?

I have micron filtered Dexedrine IR and XR, they both worked fine. Except, the actual injecting part, did not work as planned; d-amphetamine itself was corrosive to the vein, moreso than methamphetamine.

I wouldn't recommend people to inject regular amphetamine for this very reason.

A tad offtopic but how did you found out phet is "corrosive" and what exactly does it means?

I've been a steady IV user since 2004 and only ever used cotton filters as well as often using tap water and reusing needles for a number of times.. My veins seem to be in a pretty good shape considering all the street shit I've been pushing through 'em. For the last few years I have been improving my techniques and tools, however it is just now I've found out about wheel and micron filters, looking forward to order some in the UK, anyone in know of a good source?

A) For a 30mg roxicodone A215 (those are the ones i get in bulk) would cotton filter first, then micron be neccesary or shold it just be fine with just the micron (im going to prepare 10 pills in 5 cc of the bacwater so to achieve 60mg per 1cc shot which gets me feeling pretty nice =])

B) The color....I noticed with the V 48 12 roxicodones, the color always stays a windex blue color. You have no idea if these colors can be harmful to IV?

I would say you should cotton filter, 10 pills is a lot of filler. The biggest particles 50um and larger, will clog most of the smallest, finest pores in the micron filter.

I do not personally know if the color is harmful - you could take a sterile razor or other utensil to remove the coating if you'd like, I'm not exactly sure how harmful it could or could not be, I am sorry to say.

A tad offtopic but how did you found out phet is "corrosive" and what exactly does it means?

I've been a steady IV user since 2004 and only ever used cotton filters as well as often using tap water and reusing needles for a number of times.. My veins seem to be in a pretty good shape considering all the street shit I've been pushing through 'em. For the last few years I have been improving my techniques and tools, however it is just now I've found out about wheel and micron filters, looking forward to order some in the UK, anyone in know of a good source?

I think there might be an exchange with them?

Anyways, I have tried IVing dexedrine IR and XR, and it didn't work very well. With the XR solution (which was clear, the pill solution wasn't) I couldn't inject all 30 units of a shot before it would clog, and it would cause my vein to look horrible afterwards.

The same thing tended to happen with the pill solution as well, except the first shot I did worked.

Methamphetamine has never caused anything like this for me unless I miss the entire shot, I know I made these shots because I got really high very quickly, it just wasn't worth the vein damage.

I would IV methamphetamine again (not from tablets unless those filtered better) but definitely never d-amp from tablets/capsules again.

Never tried a tablet or any kind of pharmaceutical amphetamine for that matter (and neither a methamphetamine) but the speed I get in London has to be heated to dissolve and even then as soon as it cools down it solidifies again.. Often I been injecting and halfway there the liquid in the syringe gets solid so quickly I can't finish the shot. I've learnt now to be ninja-quick and precise though :D // Oddly, nothing like that with all the speed I've been getting for years in Latvia and Lithuania, no matter how badly it's cut. Must be some common filler (not glucose) used in the UK causing this as it's characteristic for both quality and shit stuff (the latter is more prevalent tho).

Still, no problems with my veins, even after a 3 day binge (my usual number) which is on average 15-20 shots I can hardly see any marks on my arms, and unless I miss (what's a rare case), a day after they look like new. That's only on the surface though, I've noticed they hardened a little, and it's a weird call but one seems to become a bit larger, and the other a bit smaller than initially.

No filters of any kind in the exchanges though, I was told they don't get financing for buying those. Otherwise their services are great though, and they carry the best syringes I've tried: the NeverShare brand which is specifically designed for junkies and has a very fine needle.

Just checked the prices and I must say way too high for my current lifestyle, I guess I'll have to stick with the cig ones.

The inactive ingredients re-solidifying sounds horrible, and is still likely doing damage to your body.

Micron filtering doesn't have to be expensive, as it depends on how cut your product of choice is, as a given amount of inactive ingredients will clog a micron filter eventually.

Due to how cut the speed is where you are, I would urge you to either stop shooting it, or to move to where methamphetamine hcl can easily be attained as it is less likely to do what you are describing.

It's likely resolidifying in your veins immedietly friend, I'd watch out there.

And Thanks CH for ALL the HELP you've given me!!! It has probably saved an arm or two.

nther fkn q:
Well since I've been shooting filtered into those arms now for a while, I have a question with used and re-using micron wheels. I have a bunch of used wheels that still have some water and drug goo in the barrel, or even in the wheel itself. Can I safely snort this as a water solution? I always mix up my drugs with water before snort/squirting. Is the bacteria in the filter/luer barrel bad for this? Should I just eat the inactives and water? I tried a little snort on one and got fucking high so if it's safe I wanna do it :) cheers

Last edited:
I don't think it re-solidifies in my veins, or I guess I'd be dead already :D
Firstly, it immediately gets diluted by blood, secondly blood is warm, so probably it adds to some residue but doesn't really clog anything..

Indeed Cap H, thanks for all the amazing info I've came across here, especially in relation to the filtering.. Speed here in London is notoriously badly cut, but my lifestyle at the moment depends on it heavily as I'm relying on 2-3 day working shifts, the way I been for many years. However once you come across a good source it's OK until the source runs dry, then comes the quest for next one.. sometimes taking weeks and a lot of waste of money and body, as well as taking its toll on job and plans. Not so easy to move around at the moment, I've finally successfully settled in London and intend to stay here for the next 2-3 years.

I'll have to reconsider about the filters though. If I'd prepare lots of solution at once it would be OK although I'd also need to invest in the storage facilities. However I'm used to prepare each shot individually and due to the re-solidifying issue (96% of both good n shit stuff has it) I'm not sure I can do otherwise unless the solidifying substance is indeed filtered out in the process!

What I was wondering about is maybe I just shouldn't heat it if the speed itself is 100% water soluble? I have tried it before but subjectively there was noticeably less of perceived effect, however you can be never sure if your brain is not fooling you!

Last edited:
It's likely resolidifying in your veins immedietly friend, I'd watch out there.

And Thanks CH for ALL the HELP you've given me!!! It has probably saved an arm or two.

nther fkn q:
Well since I've been shooting filtered into those arms now for a while, I have a question with used and re-using micron wheels. I have a bunch of used wheels that still have some water and drug goo in the barrel, or even in the wheel itself. Can I safely snort this as a water solution? I always mix up my drugs with water before snort/squirting. Is the bacteria in the filter/luer barrel bad for this? Should I just eat the inactives and water? I tried a little snort on one and got fucking high so if it's safe I wanna do it :) cheers

I would mix it with some ethanol or benzyl alcohol, so as to kill the bacteria, then eat it. :)

Firstly, it immediately gets diluted by blood, secondly blood is warm, so probably it adds to some residue but doesn't really clog anything..

Indeed Cap H, thanks for all the amazing info I've came across here, especially in relation to the filtering.. Speed here in London is notoriously badly cut, but my lifestyle at the moment depends on it heavily as I'm relying on 2-3 day working shifts, the way I been for many years. However once you come across a good source it's OK until the source runs dry, then comes the quest for next one.. sometimes taking weeks and a lot of waste of money and body, as well as taking its toll on job and plans. Not so easy to move around at the moment, I've finally successfully settled in London and intend to stay here for the next 2-3 years.

I'll have to reconsider about the filters though. If I'd prepare lots of solution at once it would be OK although I'd also need to invest in the storage facilities. However I'm used to prepare each shot individually and due to the re-solidifying issue (96% of both good n shit stuff has it) I'm not sure I can do otherwise unless the solidifying substance is indeed filtered out in the process!

What I was wondering about is maybe I just shouldn't heat it if the speed itself is 100% water soluble? I have tried it before but subjectively there was noticeably less of perceived effect, however you can be never sure if your brain is not fooling you!

If it is d-amp sulfate, or d,l-amp sulfate, I would just use water and not heat; this is your best bet. Heating a solution can cause stuff like corn starch to become water soluble.

I'm glad you have a job though, so many people don't have work right now. I'm glad to hear you are successfully settled in London, and I hope things go well for you. :)

If it is d-amp sulfate, or d,l-amp sulfate, I would just use water and not heat; this is your best bet. Heating a solution can cause stuff like corn starch to become water soluble.

I'm glad you have a job though, so many people don't have work right now. I'm glad to hear you are successfully settled in London, and I hope things go well for you. :)

Thanks for being vocal about wheel filters Captain! Tried one today on the roxanne brand hydromorph (magnesium stearate insoluble filler) and I must say everything about it was better. I believed that cotton effectively removed all magnesium stearate but I was wrong! After doing an initial cotton filter then passing it through the wheel, the resulting solution was perfectly clear. The scary thing is that even the initial solution through 1 cotton was clear. Despite it's clear appearance after cotton filtering, the wheel filter still clogged!

I am now terribly concerned about the damage I have caused for all those times I didn't use a wheel filter (although I was double and even triple filtering using cotton and coffee filters most of the time). I am hoping and guessing that my body will eventually degrade any insoluable magnesium stearate over time... It is derived from the hydrogenation of vegetable oils which leads me to think, due to its plant origins, that it is biodegradable. Any thoughts Captain? (or anybody else).

I think that talc and microcrystalline cellulose are by far the worst culprits as both are found in the lungs of deceased IDU's, however I can't say with any certainty that magnesium stearate is biodegradable as I have no idea.

It would be interesting to find out though. :)