• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Microdosing for chronic pain

Sorry, I meant milligram scale, normally people recommend the Gemini 20 scale, I have another one, but in the same price range, works like a charm.

Ah yes I know the pain.. It sucks too for many who don’t deal with these it’s always a “it’s a just a headache?” type response. The anxiety that can build up over never knowing when and how they might strike.

I also suffer from Chronic Vomiting Syndrome which I believe is tied in with the headaches as often the headache will trigger the Vomiting episode. Out of nowhere at night they’ll hit and often can triggering Vomiting that sometimes won’t stop for 24+ hours. I’m talking dry heaving every 10-15min the whole time wishing you were dead kinda shit. It’s gotten so bad, being so exhausted, that I’ve shit and pissed myself.

But back to the DMT, it’s the only psychedelic that worked so well and so quick. Fuck the commercialized retreats where there’s a chance some shaman you’ve never met may throw you in a ditch to die if complications occur. It’s very easy to brew Aya at home or extract your own DMT. One time can give you a life time supply.

Yea those Gemini’s are cheap and fairly effective down to about 5mg. What I do to make sure I’m weighed up fairly close with dosages in the 2-10mg range is this.. Weigh your starting container with material 5 - 10 times then use the average of those numbers. Then weigh out desired amount and place into capsule obviously trying to get as close as possible. Weigh the capsule 5-10 times, use average. If average is correct amount, weigh starting container again (5-10 times, average) to ensure the correct amount was taken out.

It’s tedious but it’s the only way to dose halfway correctly at single digit mg doses with a Gemini. Remember never try to weigh small amounts by themselves, it’s better to weigh in a capsule or something then split the difference.

-GC

Ah yes I know the pain.. It sucks too for many who don’t deal with these it’s always a “it’s a just a headache?” type response. The anxiety that can build up over never knowing when and how they might strike.

I also suffer from Chronic Vomiting Syndrome which I believe is tied in with the headaches as often the headache will trigger the Vomiting episode. Out of nowhere at night they’ll hit and often can triggering Vomiting that sometimes won’t stop for 24+ hours. I’m talking dry heaving every 10-15min the whole time wishing you were dead kinda shit. It’s gotten so bad, being so exhausted, that I’ve shit and pissed myself.

But back to the DMT, it’s the only psychedelic that worked so well and so quick. Fuck the commercialized retreats where there’s a chance some shaman you’ve never met may throw you in a ditch to die if complications occur. It’s very easy to brew Aya at home or extract your own DMT. One time can give you a life time supply.

Yea those Gemini’s are cheap and fairly effective down to about 5mg. What I do to make sure I’m weighed up fairly close with dosages in the 2-10mg range is this.. Weigh your starting container with material 5 - 10 times then use the average of those numbers. Then weigh out desired amount and place into capsule obviously trying to get as close as possible. Weigh the capsule 5-10 times, use average. If average is correct amount, weigh starting container again (5-10 times, average) to ensure the correct amount was taken out.

It’s tedious but it’s the only way to dose halfway correctly at single digit mg doses with a Gemini. Remember never try to weigh small amounts by themselves, it’s better to weigh in a capsule or something then split the difference.

-GC

GC - yes I have vomiting episodes as well. I’m not sure which is worse, the nausea or the pain. So terrible...
I am curious, do you microdose to prevent the occurance of migraines or do you dose only when the migraine takes place? You say the DMT helps you fall asleep, would you say it’s possible to function normally after you sleep say 3-4 hours? I’m just trying to get a feel for the after effects. However, in a situation where I have extreme pain, there’s almost nothing I wouldn’t do to stop it. I’m hoping the effects are minimal since we are talking micro-dosing. What is your experience there? And thank you again

I mainly use it when I already have a migraine. Although I’m sure my casual use every month or so is somewhat preventative as well. I find diet restrictions is the best and only way to fully prevent both the headaches and CVS. Have you tried taking anything out of your diet? My life changed when I stopped sugar (to the best of my ability) and dairy. I also can’t eat chocolate, or drink shitty alcohol.

But back to the DMT usually I’ll use it when the headache is non responding to other typical medicines. Usually at night in bed. The dosage is usually micro to medium depending. I think higher doses are more effective but still need to experiment on that.

The headache sometimes intensifies for a few minutes as it comes on but then numbs out. As it wears off I’m usually tired almost like the headache is replaced with exhaustion. I’ve fallen asleep mid trip. 3-4 hours may be enough but usually a full night is what I do.

It’s really worth a shot, it may not work but lots of people including myself seem to have good results.

Also when you try it you can start with the lowest dose possible and work up to what works. Again, use pure clean white DMT. It works a lot better for this kinda thing.

-GC

Maybe have a look here:

@TrapZeppelin hi there. I really dont mean this to be at all patronising but I have skimmed through and I'm not sure if it has been addressed or clarified yet but it is always the very first thing that comes to mind regarding headaches-

Have you ruled out that you were not chronically dehydrated as the vast majority of people are without ever even realising?

It really is the case that most people are massively dehydrated due to not taking enough clean water each day but also by using caffeine and alcohol a great amount of the water which is consumed is pulled out of the body leading to dehydration even if you meet you suppose it ideal daily quota of clean water.

But most people do not even do that and another Factor and FAR more important than most people have any comprehension of, is not just the amount, but the TYPE of salt you consume.

We have been totally lied to with bullshit about how much salt we actually need we need a lot more of it than they tell us but the most important thing is the type of salt refined salt of any form light table salt and even white sea salts etc are nothing but poison to the body they are incredibly acidifying to all of the body tissues and toxic and lacking in minerals but importantly this bad quality man-made salt will not enable proper hydration no matter how much water is Taken.

Alternatively, good quality unrefined natural salt in sufficient quantity will facilitate much better hydration and usage of water in the body.

I have been personally weighing out my daily unrefined salt for quite a few years now at 10 grams per day which I add to my meals and this is just a minimum requirement are used to underdose once helped quite heavily thinking that the government's supposed guidelines were worth paying attention to.

My diet is 100% home cooked and contains no refined salt at all except in jarred olives which I rinse with boiling water to remove that poisonous salt.

I use only high quality Himalayan or even better Redmond real salt and I can tell you that I have an amazingly healthy heart with perfect blood pressure and way better than average if not also perfect levels of good and bad cholesterol.

There is absolutely no indication by the expected markers that my high salt intake is having any adverse effect contrary to what we would expect from the media.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention it in case there is a possibility that you weren't even slightly permanently dehydrated because everybody responds differently to everything and it could be that some people who suffer chronic headaches are much more sensitive to a low or high level of dehydration, which is always in deposit and never identified and corrected.

Im sure lots of medications can also pull water from the body.

However and regardless, definitely still look into the microdosing. It appears to be remarkably beneficial on multiple levels, and it seems truly destined to be the future of mental health therapy.

You can use shrooms, if in US, or probably anywhere in the world actually you can get the microdose capsules if you want to go the mushroom route, or get some 1plsd 100ug blotters and dose 10ug every 3 days.

Just a few ideas there anyhow, and I'm really sorry if it feels that all patronising I know what it is like to live with something and to know your own body and symptoms better than anybody and it can be a bit infuriating when people come along and presume to know the answer which you are already very aware of.

Wishing you the best of luck anyway I will keep an interested eye out for your posts to see if there are any encouraging developments.

Oh yes, unrefined salts are extremely alkalising to the body, refined salt is at the extreme opposite end of the spectrum and majorly acidifying. I avoid it like the pkague, and yet to think that the masses have no idea that they are ingesting such a toxic poison every day in their supposedly harmless refined salt which many people still buy and add to their food but there is so much food already containing it depending on what one eats.

Last edited:
@G_Chem easy man. Shucks real sorry you have to deal with that nasty headache then vomiting ritual.
I have never experienced such a thing, but I have and do have remarkably intense experiences which take every bit of my being and mental strength to ride out.

What you describe sounds like it has a lot of similarities to a condition I was introduced to on a cannabis vaporizer forum, called "cannabis hyperemis syndrome".

It involves long lasting uncontrollable dry heaving vomiting for 12 hours or more at a time once it begins and one very effective methods used by sufferers at the first signs of an attack is to take hot baths which can prevent the vomiting from starting but they say that once it begins there was nothing you can really do but ride it out and it is absolute hell.

Anyway I just wanted to mention that in case you haven't heard of it I would perhaps look into it to see if there are any similarities and overlaps, I think I spelt it right anyway but spelling is not one of my strong suits these days LOL.

@TrapZeppelin hi there. I really dont mean this to be at all patronising but I have skimmed through and I'm not sure if it has been addressed or clarified yet but it is always the very first thing that comes to mind regarding headaches-

Have you ruled out that you were not chronically dehydrated as the vast majority of people are without ever even realising?
Pigeon you and Lee is the case that most people are massively dehydrated due to not taking enough clean water each day but also by using caffeine and alcohol a great amount of the water which is consumed is pulled out of the body leading to dehydration even if you meet you suppose it ideal daily quota of clean water.

But most people do not even do that and another Factor is the amount and type of salt you consume.

We have been totally lied to with bullshit about how much salt we actually need we need a lot more of them they tell us but the most important thing is the type of salt refined salt of any form light table salt and even white sea salts etc are nothing but poison to the body they are incredibly acidifying to all of the body tissues and toxic and lacking in minerals but importantly this bad quality man-made salt will not enable proper hydration no matter how much water is Taken.

Alternatively, good quality unrefined natural salt in sufficient quantity will facilitate much better hydration and usage of water in the body.

I have been personally weighing out my daily unrefined salt for quite a few years now at 10 grams per day which I add to my meals and this is just a minimum requirement are used to underdose once helped quite heavily thinking that the government's supposed guidelines well worth paying attention to.

My diet is 100% home cooked and contains no refined salt at all except in jarred olives which I rinse with boiling water to remove that poisonous salt.

I use only high quality Himalayan or even better Redmond real salt and I can tell you that I have an amazingly healthy heart with perfect blood pressure and way better than average if not also perfect levels of good and bad cholesterol.

There is absolutely no indication by the expected markers that my high salt intake is having any adverse effect contrary to what we would expect from the media.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention it in case there is a possibility that you weren't even slightly permanently dehydrated because everybody responds differently to everything and it could be that some people who suffer chronic headaches are much more sensitive to a low or high level of dehydration, which is always in deposit and never identified and corrected.

However and regardless, definitely still look into the microdosing. It appears to be remarkably beneficial on multiple levels, and it seems truly destined to be the future of mental health therapy.

You can use shrooms, if in US, or probably anywhere in the world actually you can get the microdose capsules if you want to go the mushroom route, or get some 1plsd 100ug blotters and dose 10ug every 3 days.

Just a few ideas there anyhow, and I'm really sorry if it feels that all patronising I know what it is like to live with something and to know your own body and symptoms better than anybody and it can be a bit infuriating when people come along and presume to know the answer which you are already very aware of.

Wishing you the best of luck anyway I will keep an interested eye out for your posts to see if there are any encouraging developments.
I take no offense! That is why I am here. I am searching for answers. I can tell you that dehydration absolutely triggers headaches and migraines. I cannot drink alcohol in excess (and definitely not when I’m on my period, sorry if TMI lol) or I will end up in the ER 9/10 times. Which may have saved my life because alcoholism runs in my family and I was always reckless when I drank. Any broken bone or scar on my body was a result of alcohol ?‍♀️

While that is true, the only thing I drink is water. And I usually drink I’m guessing at least 100oz per day. I’m fairly petite, about 110 lbs. I eat healthy and limit processed foods. I don’t salt my meals, but I probably don’t eat as much as I should. My diet is mostly fish, nuts, fruit, veggies.

What started the migraines was a bad car accident and my head went through the windshield (alcohol related, fml). Triggers for me are stress and hormones (and alcohol which I avoid). I have been diagnosed with generalized anxiety but I’m sure I have some form of PTSD from a rocky childhood. Either way, stress comes through my body in the form of headaches and migraines.

I will take your advice and start closely monitoring salts on packaging. I eat a lot of protein bars and shakes I guess it could be in there? I eat packaged oatmeal everyday which needs to stop, but I’m so tired all the time and it’s hard to meal prep. Also wondering if I have some deficiency that would cause dehydration? Not even sure what that could be.

I haven’t started the microdose because I’m waiting to ask for a detailed copy of my next UA. I want to be sure it doesn’t compromise my pain management situation. And it’s been hard to find stuff around here. I know where to go it’s just not ideal. But I have the micro scale and a plan. If I only I lived in Colorado!

And thank you for your reply!

Also, I’m not into smoking weed. But my current pain management doctor prescribes medical marijuana. Considering getting a card this month. I started smoking when I was 12 and could handle it, 20 years later i smoke and I have a panic attack. Funny how the body changes.

I would love to try DMT but I don’t have a clue where to find it. The mushrooms will be easier to come by.

It really is the case that most people are massively dehydrated due to not taking enough clean water each day but also by using caffeine and alcohol a great amount of the water which is consumed is pulled out of the body leading to dehydration even if you meet you suppose it ideal daily quota of clean water.

But most people do not even do that and another Factor and FAR more important than most people have any comprehension of, is not just the amount, but the TYPE of salt you consume.

We have been totally lied to with bullshit about how much salt we actually need we need a lot more of it than they tell us but the most important thing is the type of salt refined salt of any form light table salt and even white sea salts etc are nothing but poison to the body they are incredibly acidifying to all of the body tissues and toxic and lacking in minerals but importantly this bad quality man-made salt will not enable proper hydration no matter how much water is Taken.

I have been personally weighing out my daily unrefined salt for quite a few years now at 10 grams per day which I add to my meals and this is just a minimum requirement are used to underdose once helped quite heavily thinking that the government's supposed guidelines were worth paying attention to.

Oh yes, unrefined salts are extremely alkalising to the body, refined salt is at the extreme opposite end of the spectrum and majorly acidifying. I avoid it like the pkague, and yet to think that the masses have no idea that they are ingesting such a toxic poison every day in their supposedly harmless refined salt which many people still buy and add to their food but there is so much food already containing it depending on what one eats.
I just wanted to add that I tried a gluten free diet for about 3 months, to no avail... I also take a magnesium supplement that doesn’t seem to help. I think I just need a new brain ?

Also, I’m not into smoking weed. But my current pain management doctor prescribes medical marijuana. Considering getting a card this month. I started smoking when I was 12 and could handle it, 20 years later i smoke and I have a panic attack. Funny how the body changes.

I would love to try DMT but I don’t have a clue where to find it. The mushrooms will be easier to come by.

Have you ever considered CBD weed? CBD doesn't really get you high, it's a slight high but it's very calming and doesn't produce any anxiety and it's the part of marijuana that is generally considered the best for killing pain.

Good luck I hope the microdosing helps you.
Just wanted to add that you could write directly to the authors of that paper, I think most scientists would be more than happy to leak their paper to someone like you. IIRC they see no royalties anyways when people buy the paper, the journal gets all the cash.

Have you ever considered CBD weed? CBD doesn't really get you high, it's a slight high but it's very calming and doesn't produce any anxiety and it's the part of marijuana that is generally considered the best for killing pain.
I bought some cbd gummies about 3 months ago. I don’t recall the exact dosage but I started out with 2 gummies a night and increased to as much as 8 and didn’t notice a difference. At that rate the $60 bottle was gone in just a couple of weeks. Do you think smoking it rather than eating it would make a difference? Or maybe it has to build up in your system? Another issue I’ve posted about elsewhere is insomnia. I’m not sure if the pain or the insomnia is worse in the big scheme of things

Good luck I hope the microdosing helps you.
Just wanted to add that you could write directly to the authors of that paper, I think most scientists would be more than happy to leak their paper to someone like you. IIRC they see no royalties anyways when people buy the paper, the journal gets all the cash.
Thank you!

Perhaps, we don't discuss prices, however I got an ounce of 25% CBD nugs (no THC) in the mail for cheaper than that bottle you described, and it's lasted me months and I still have plenty. I woke up with terrible sciatica pain a few times ad a couple of tokes worked wonders, totally eliminated it. I tried using my friend's CBD tincture before that for the same thing and it worked a bit but not nearly as well.

It's worth a try. :)

Hey @TrapZeppelin thank you for being so open and sharing with your thoughs.
And you know what? It doesn't surprise me at all to hear that you do not add much salt to your food.

This is what I would have expected and predicted. In my strong view that means that you are very likely deficient in the healthy healing natural unrefined salt which your body needs in order to use the water properly which you are drinking.

And no question all of the salt which is added to be processed foods you take in whatever form will be this poisonous refined acidic version which does not help your body to hydrate properly.

In the ideal World lol the refined man-made salt would not exist and no food manufacturers would use it and all of the salt like 100% that people consume would be in the natural unrefined form.

So from a health point of view I have always suggested to people looking to make dietary improvements which will have a notable impact, that they aim to cut-out or minimise as much as possible the harmful salt by being conscious of what they're eating and where it is...
but equally importantly is to not be afraid of salt and to add very liberal amounts of natural unrefined salt to your food daily because your body really needs this in much higher quantities and you have been led to believe.

I have learnt that not all Himalayan salts out there are of equal quality and some are not particularly beneficial to the body although they are not harmful per se or poisonous or toxic like the bad salts I'm speaking of.

But it is a bit hit-and-miss as to whether you get a good quality one. There is also a big difference in the actual taste between a very good and not-so-good Himalayan salt.

Over the years I tested many different brands when visiting my homeopath using a sophisticated diagnostic tool which works on the energetic and Meridian level called Vega Testing. I found many which were not of the highest standard.
So for this reason I am hesitant about strongly recommending Himalayan salt to people but I have found a different salt which has tested as being just as good as anything practically and is as good a quality as you need and also has fantastic flavour.

I mentioned it to above it is Redmond real salt and this I recommend because the quality is much more consistent and it is in no way inferior to Himalayan, but don't be put off using Himalayan salt just be a bit savvy and cautious about where you pick it up from.

So it is my suggestion that you are deficient in the right type of salt for your body and who knows maybe this could be related to your headaches?
Here is a very interesting and informative link about salt in general with an overview of past and current consumption and associations with health aspects.

Edit- a quote from that page:

"Finally, based on a long-term study with a large cohort, the O’Donnell paper31 sets out a J-shaped response curve with the range of lowest risk between a daily consumption of 1.3 (7 grams) and three teaspoons (15 grams) of salt per day.

If the data from the above studies are compiled, it is apparent that the range of sodium intake at which there is least negative health outcome impact is anywhere above approximately 3,000 mg per day or the equivalent of 1.3 teaspoons (7 grams) of salt."

Last edited:
Hey @TrapZeppelin thank you for being so open and sharing with your thoughs.
And you know what? It doesn't surprise me at all to hear that you do not add much salt to your food.

This is what I would have expected and predicted. In my strong view that means that you are very likely deficient in the healthy healing natural unrefined salt which your body needs in order to use the water properly which you are drinking.

And no question all of the salt which is added to be processed foods you take in whatever form will be this poisonous refined acidic version which does not help your body to hydrate properly.

In the ideal World lol the refined man-made salt would not exist and no food manufacturers would use it and all of the salt like 100% that people consume would be in the natural unrefined form.

So from a health point of view I have always suggested to people looking to make dietary improvements which will have a notable impact, that they aim to cut-out or minimise as much as possible the harmful salt by being conscious of what they're eating and where it is...
but equally importantly is to not be afraid of salt and to add very liberal amounts of natural unrefined salt to your food daily because your body really needs this in much higher quantities and you have been led to believe.

I have learnt that not all Himalayan salts out there are of equal quality and some are not particularly beneficial to the body although they are not harmful per se or poisonous or toxic like the bad salts I'm speaking of.

But it is a bit hit-and-miss as to whether you get a good quality one. There is also a big difference in the actual taste between a very good and not-so-good Himalayan salt.

Over the years I tested many different brands when visiting my homeopath using a sophisticated diagnostic tool which works on the energetic and Meridian level called Vega Testing. I found many which were not of the highest standard.
So for this reason I am hesitant about strongly recommending Himalayan salt to people but I have found a different salt which has tested as being just as good as anything practically and is as good a quality as you need and also has fantastic flavour.

I mentioned it to above it is Redmond real salt and this I recommend because the quality is much more consistent and it is in no way inferior to Himalayan, but don't be put off using Himalayan salt just be a bit savvy and cautious about where you pick it up from.

So it is my suggestion that you are deficient in the right type of salt for your body and who knows maybe this could be related to your headaches?
Here is a very interesting and informative link about salt in general with an overview of past and current consumption and associations with health aspects.

Edit- a quote from that page:

"Finally, based on a long-term study with a large cohort, the O’Donnell paper31 sets out a J-shaped response curve with the range of lowest risk between a daily consumption of 1.3 (7 grams) and three teaspoons (15 grams) of salt per day.

If the data from the above studies are compiled, it is apparent that the range of sodium intake at which there is least negative health outcome impact is anywhere above approximately 3,000 mg per day or the equivalent of 1.3 teaspoons (7 grams) of salt."
Thank you for the time and effort put into this post. Been busy with work and not feeling well but I will be back to carefully read. Thanks again ?

Thank you for the time and effort put into this post. Been busy with work and not feeling well but I will be back to carefully read. Thanks again ?
Hello and you are very welcome. Take all your time indeed. I hope work is keeping you contentedly distracted rather than tormented haha. Actually I feel a bit guilty, I havent been able to do any form of work since 2005. I do feel for everybody who struggles with a job they are'nt exactly happy with, I know what that feels like.

But at the same time working can be good for you, rewarding. I was definitely a lot happier when I was able to work.

So yes def have a good look at those facts on salt. They STILL dont spell out the importance of salt type. But that has been extolled in great depth many times elsewhere, just not in the mainstream.

Refined salt should be banned, plain and simple. Along with refined fat, which is even worse, and is the true demon in our food supply- aka: vegetable oils (corn, canola, peanut, soya, sunflower)- basically anything refined, non-cold pressed, and margarine- avoid like plague, wherever possible, if your health really matters to you.