View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Microdosing for chronic pain

TrapZeppelin

Bluelighter
Hello! I would love to hear anyone’s personal experience in microdosing for pain relief, physical or emotional. I am particularly interested in anyone with chronic migraines/cluster headaches -doses, schedules, effectiveness, etc - and ending result. Please share if you’re out there. If there’s a better place for this post just let me know thanks!! I’m hoping to hear some success stories ❤️

Edit : microdosing of psychedelics :)

Last edited:
Hi trap Z I take codeine phosphate for crohns disease and a good day i take 2 tablets which is 60mg , 2 x 30mg every 4-6 hours but sometimes i just take it in one tbh it helped so good the first time i got on it but these days i find myself taking over 990mg doses .. And going through my 2 week script in less than 3 days.. If you do get some decent pain meds or already do my main advice to you would be to try not to take them every week and only take enough for the pain because if you dont they just stop working and you feel even worse than before probably wont here many success stories about drugs here lots of self pitying though take care :)x

I was about to not reply until you specifically mentioned migraines/clusters.. I myself suffer from horrific migraines that I’d say may be cluster but haven’t been officially diagnosed.

As I’ve gotten older the episodes are less frequent but seem to come around sporadically for a few months lasting longer in duration each time than before.

The best medicine I’ve found hands down.. DMT. More specifically really clean pure white DMT. When nothing else works, a small hit can greatly numb it out or get rid of it completely even if it’s been around for days.

Other psychedelics can work too like psilocybin mushrooms but DMT is the best because as we sufferers know, relief can’t come quick enough.

Another odd thing I’ve found. When I smoke DMT with a nasty migraine it’ll make me incredibly sleepy, which is perfect because usually sleep helps too. It numbs me out then lulls me to sleep quick.

I believe migraines may have some connection to serotonin..

-GC

Oh phychidelics actually work, I assumed they were on about pain meds and put it in the wrong section maybe i should get some lsd in next time i feel shit

So a friend of mine was suffering badly from migraine/cluster headaches a couple of months ago. Like literally every day. I read a couple of papers on it, and results were quite astonishing, there's finally some research being done on this. No meds would work, and they'd make her sleepy and such.

So I floated the idea, she was excited, as was I haha. I gave her a couple of 2-3 mg doses of 4-AcO-DMT, she took one once, she told me she'd been feeling funny for a couple of hours. But after that she never had them again (to my knowledge). She was migraine free for about 2 days already, so maybe it was something else, but certainly not the meds, those didn't do anything, and she'd been having them for months.

I cannot imagine the pure hell some people must live in with chronic headaches like that, if only they knew...

I’m sorry you deal with headaches too, I can sympathize and have never personally met anyone with symptoms similar to mine (so pardon if I vent to you). I’ve been diagnosed with both chronic migraine and cluster headaches. Though I can honestly say I don’t know the difference. For me, my headaches are year-round. But worse in the winter. My unavoidable triggers are hormone changes (for a female twice a month), stress, insomnia, and ironically pain medication in certain instances. I have headaches probably 25 days each month, of varying degrees. Also worse in the morning or during peak stress (usually work related, my job is very stressful). The severe migraine where I’m nauseated, vomiting, diarrhea, stuck on the bathroom floor and want to just die pretty much, usually last about 1-2 days per month. But the pain before and after those days is severe, like a roller coaster every month.

Anyway, I have tried just about everything imaginable pharmaceutical-wise. The only thing that works - dilaudid, Ativan and promethazine (cocktail at ER for the worst headaches), Toradol for severe headaches, and hydrocodone for moderate headaches. All of which have nasty side-effects. Oh yeah, and Xanax in small doses has helped me immensely but I can no longer take that under the supervision of pain management.

I absolutely agree that serotonin plays a huge role in headaches. Although I’ve never successfully taken an antidepressant that has helped. Tryptans did not help me either. So here I am exploring psychedelics as an option.

I do enjoy mushroom trips and have never had a bad one (probably taken at least 30 times in my life I’d guess). I am not afraid to microdose mushrooms. I have never done DMT but have researched ayahuasca and have a great interest in trying it someday.

QUESTIONS for anyone to answer : lol sorry for the long message - 1) does the DMT produce a high 2) of so, how long does it last 3) in microdosing for prevention, have you ever accidentally ingested too much where you tripped 4) I know you can’t answer sourcing questions, but is DMT something you commonly find? I know mushrooms are... what forms are safest? 5) do mushrooms or DMT show up on Urine Analyses?

I’m sure I’ll have more questions...

I’m really only interested in preventing and stopping the pain. Not in any euphoric experience (at far as this post is concerned)

I was about to not reply until you specifically mentioned migraines/clusters.. I myself suffer from horrific migraines that I’d say may be cluster but haven’t been officially diagnosed.

As I’ve gotten older the episodes are less frequent but seem to come around sporadically for a few months lasting longer in duration each time than before.

The best medicine I’ve found hands down.. DMT. More specifically really clean pure white DMT. When nothing else works, a small hit can greatly numb it out or get rid of it completely even if it’s been around for days.

Other psychedelics can work too like psilocybin mushrooms but DMT is the best because as we sufferers know, relief can’t come quick enough.

Another odd thing I’ve found. When I smoke DMT with a nasty migraine it’ll make me incredibly sleepy, which is perfect because usually sleep helps too. It numbs me out then lulls me to sleep quick.

-GC

-GC
Hello! I would love to hear anyone’s personal experience in microdosing for pain relief, physical or emotional. I am particularly interested in anyone with chronic migraines/cluster headaches -doses, schedules, effectiveness, etc - and ending result. Please share if you’re out there. If there’s a better place for this post just let me know thanks!! I’m hoping to hear some successful stories ❤️

Very interesting! Is this a liquid, powder, tab etc??

So a friend of mine was suffering badly from migraine/cluster headaches a couple of months ago. Like literally every day. I read a couple of papers on it, and results were quite astonishing, there's finally some research being done on this. No meds would work, and they'd make her sleepy and such.

So I floated the idea, she was excited, as was I haha. I gave her a couple of 2-3 mg doses of 4-AcO-DMT, she took one once, she told me she'd been feeling funny for a couple of hours. But after that she never had them again (to my knowledge). She was migraine free for about 2 days already, so maybe it was something else, but certainly not the meds, those didn't do anything, and she'd been having them for months.

I cannot imagine the pure hell some people must live in with chronic headaches like that, if only they knew...

Thank you. I read the synopsis and omg will I be so relieved, yet disappointed I’ve lived with this since I was 18 (I’m 35 years old), if some good old psychedelics could cure me. The paper costs about $40. You have to pay to view it, correct?

Edit - just saw that you mentioned ways around the paywall, will look into :)

Check out this paper if you're interested in LSD/psilocin and migraine/cluster-headaches https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16801660
While the study isn't that great imo (no randomization, not double-blind, small sample size etc) it's a good proof of concept
Btw, there are ways around the paywall :)

Last edited:
Thank you. I read the synopsis and omg will I be so relieved, yet disappointed I’ve lived with this since I was 18, if some good old psychedelics could cure me. The paper costs about $40. You have to pay to view it, correct?
Normally you'd have to pay (sometimes, if you study, your uni pays for certain journals and you're able to read them for free with a VPN) but there's a way around. It's not completely legal, but I know more than a few people who use it, it's called sci-hub, you can Google it, read the Wikipedia article and then decide for yourself :)
And btw, you can always message the author of the paper and ask for a free copy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...4dkrd3o9qoHAo9wN5DRGombUQKqsrkte5lYudkT1kc_zc

This one is more recent and very interesting, was one of the ones I read a couple months ago :) although the study has the same limitations as mentioned earlier.

I put the dosages in gel caps. 4-AcO-DMT is a powder, at the time I just got some and it seemed perfect for the purpose, it's quite similar to mushrooms. Now that I think about it, the measuring probably wasn't too accurate, but I didn't want to volumetrically dose due to possible degradation.

QUESTIONS for anyone to answer : lol sorry for the long message - 1) does the DMT produce a high 2) of so, how long does it last 3) in microdosing for prevention, have you ever accidentally ingested too much where you tripped 4) I know you can’t answer sourcing questions, but is DMT something you commonly find? I know mushrooms are... what forms are safest? 5)
1+2. DMT is an extremely powerful psychedelic that can lead to break-through experiences, smoked it usually lasts less than an hour, if taken orally with a MAOI it lasts much longer
4. It always depends on who you know, that's all we can say without breaking the rules.
5. Urine analysis questions are sadly against the rules (at least in Other Drugs)

Oh ok I didn’t know UA ?s were a no-no. I can pull up an old UA and research sometime.
I do know DMT is very powerful. I will continue to research. I’m a retired club-kid, so I don’t know anyone anymore ? better get to friending some hippies

1+2. DMT is an extremely powerful psychedelic that can lead to break-through experiences, smoked it usually lasts less than an hour, if taken orally with a MAOI it lasts much longer
4. It always depends on who you know, that's all we can say without breaking the rules.
5. Urine analysis questions are sadly against the rules (at least in Other Drugs)

I am interested in this too. For 25 years, ages 20--45 I suffered from terrible cluster headaches in the Spring and the Fall. I would get them about 3 hours after falling asleep, wake up feeling like an ice pick was chipping away at the side of my head, moan, sometimes vomit from the pain and try and go back to sleep to where 2 hours later I would wake up again. The cycles lasted 3 weeks and would go away. It did not happen every night in the cycle. The only thing that helped was Excedrin because of the caffeine. Opiates were a waste and sometimes triggered worse headaches. And it sucked having to take caffeine in the middle of the night to get back to sleep but any relief as a blessing.

I was interested in how mushrooms were used to abort a cycle. I started reading just as I was outgrowing they headaches. For anyone that has them I often read most do outgrow them after a certain age. My last cycle was in 2005 and the whole cluster busters site and info was just coming out.

I never microsdosed for this, but I had take LSD or Mushrooms in the midst of a cycle during some of those times and don't recall the cycle getting aborted. But that is my limited experience.

I wonder if some of the nerve drugs like gabapentin or pregabalin would have worked. But I am just as happy to not know for me as these headaches are a thing of the past. If anyone is a sufferer they can and do go away. Mine took 25 years.

I’ve been told that I may have less severe triggers once I go through menopause lol or possibly have a child. Which so far hasn’t been in the books for me but I’m 35 (a young 35 I might add ?) and reproduction is probably only an option for the next 5 years (which my god, how could I take care of a kid with this pain if it didn’t subside?!). My migraines started after a bad car accident, head went through the windshield at age 18. Anyway, mine also start in the middle of the night. Just hours after falling asleep. There’s something to be said for that, I just don’t know what.

As far as the mushrooms and microdosing - I plan to start next week after my pain management appointment. I need to be sure the psilocybin doesn’t show in a UA though. I will keep you posted!

I am interested in this too. For 25 years, ages 20--45 I suffered from terrible cluster headaches in the Spring and the Fall. I would get them about 3 hours after falling asleep, wake up feeling like an ice pick was chipping away at the side of my head, moan, sometimes vomit from the pain and try and go back to sleep to where 2 hours later I would wake up again. The cycles lasted 3 weeks and would go away. It did not happen every night in the cycle. The only thing that helped was Excedrin because of the caffeine. Opiates were a waste and sometimes triggered worse headaches. And it sucked having to take caffeine in the middle of the night to get back to sleep but any relief as a blessing.

I was interested in how mushrooms were used to abort a cycle. I started reading just as I was outgrowing they headaches. For anyone that has them I often read most do outgrow them after a certain age. My last cycle was in 2005 and the whole cluster busters site and info was just coming out.

I never microsdosed for this, but I had take LSD or Mushrooms in the midst of a cycle during some of those times and don't recall the cycle getting aborted. But that is my limited experience.

I wonder if some of the nerve drugs like gabapentin or pregabalin would have worked. But I am just as happy to not know for me as these headaches are a thing of the past. If anyone is a sufferer they can and do go away. Mine took 25 years.

Last edited:
Good luck!

If you go through with it, please keep a journal with substance, dosage and effects :)

Woke up with a banging headache. Fml. Wish I had some DMT or mushrooms :( soon tho, soon

In the paper I linked above other substances were also used, which are quite a bit cheaper, maybe easier to source and certainly easier to take than DMT, you'd need a microgram scale though (20-25$).

I have also read multiple positive reports about microdosing LSD, or LSD analogues. Anyway, it's up to you to test and experiment what works best for you.

I will be looking into other things. I’m experienced with fungus and can get it today so that’s where my journey begins. I almost want to just outright try DMT before microdosing lol but that’s not happening soon. I’ve looked into healing retreats in Peru to try ayahuasca. The trip including air/lodging were $7k (I’m worried about commercialization but not brave enough to try at home). Separate topic though. Someday I will probably start a discussion if I can’t find an existing post.

Can you find a microdose scale at a herbal store? Or have to order online. Sorry to ask, but today will be a hard day to get out and shop

In the paper I linked above other substances were also used, which are quite a bit cheaper, maybe easier to source and certainly easier to take than DMT, you'd need a microgram scale though (20-25$).

I have also read multiple positive reports about microdosing LSD, or LSD analogues. Anyway, it's up to you to test and experiment what works best for you.