View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

micro dosing

Mafioso

Bluelight Crew
sorry if there is a mega already, but I just took 1/4 tab, and having quite a pleasant experience. Very mild, energetic, and introspective. Not really euphoric, or "ephinanic" and can function normally. I don't know the exact dosage, but it is just 1/4 of a 1 drop tab. Still only an 2hr in, but I can function relatively normally in light social settings.

Anyways, the antidepressant/serotonogenic effect seem extremely appealing. I was curious if anyone has tried this long term, and if with extended breaks for recovery time, if this might be sustainable long term? I have tried something similar before, but I was already on a downhill drug slope, and using psychs heavily as well as microdosing throughout the day for weeks on end. Not the results i am looking for.

Just wondering if anyone knows about long term effectiveness of microdosing(like dose tolerance and side effects build quick), or if given enough time between doses, is it somewhat sustainable? And if so, what is the proper or suggested recovery time? Any links or references to actual studies and published lit on this would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe have a look here:

Hello Mafiosco, it is a pleasure to meet you here I am fairly recent to this forum myself.
I am planning to practice microdosing myself in the very near future as is my mum.
The only reason I have not begun this yet it's because I would like to have some full strength tripping experiences first before I get my teeth into the microdosing but I have been exceptionally unwell for 14 years due to severe Lyme disease and the most extreme allergies you could imagine with a massively compromised immune system and multiple chronic infections.

I acquired some 1plsd in January and had three initial experiences but was not really well enough for it and I have been trying to get myself better since just haven't managed it yet.

I have not looked deeply into microdosing yet as I haven't been ready, but I have picked up bits and bobs, some of which I would like to share with you.

First, important to understand is that microdosing is supposed to be "sub-threshold", meaning that ideally you should not consciously subjectively experience the effects at the time. It should "affect" you, your mindset, thinking, emotions, creativity, insight etc.

But it should not be a conscious drug or psychoactive experience. This would indicate that the dose is too high for the real intended function, purpose and benefit of microdosing and more importantly I think this would make the practice less sustainable and effective over a longer term or even shorter term.

10 ug is a good starting dose I believe. I think the ideal effective microdose is variable between different individuals and not fixed across the board.
Some go a little higher, like up to 17ug may still qualify as a sub-threshold dose for some but maybe a little bit too much for others to count as a true microdose.

Others go lower than 10ug.
And also there is a company called "Micro1p" who are legally supplying 10ug tablets of 1plsd for the specific purpose of microdosing and this is within the law apparently because the dosage is below the level required for psychoactive effects.

They are advocating taking 1 pill each day but I would query this because I understand that the recommended protocol is once every 3 days with two days off between each dose which I believe will serve the purpose of keeping tolerance in check and also allowing for processing and integrating in between doses.

Anyway here below are two excellent links one is from a US based company who are researching microdosing and I believe they offer program where they will provide you with psilocybin mushroom capsules which are taken daily as opposed to LSD microdosing which is once every 3 days.

The 2nd link is an excellent and thorough runthrough of the microdosing concept and how to practice it with 1plsd.

So with all that said I would like to ask you if you have any idea what dosage you have actually taken or what is on your tabs? I'm assuming you are referring to LSD 25 possibly and therefore from the black market so that you can never be sure what the dosage is regardless of what you were told and even if the product is very good and high-strength.

It will be very important to have confidence in predicting and controlling your doses to get the most out of microdosing. I would actually suggest that you see if you can acquire some 1p LSD or ald-52 while they are still available because then you can be much more confidence about measuring your dose using one of the various methods ideally volumetrically in liquid like distilled water or alcohol.

Those are my thoughts and suggestions anyway definitely check out those links and give this a good think and please keep us posted on your progress I would be very interested to follow and wishing you the best of luck my friend.

@Mafioso so sorry man, I just noticed I spelled your username incorrectly above. Sincere apologies man have a great day.

Microdosing is fantastic. Every psychonaut should spend one or two months doing a microdose regimen. My recipe 2-3 days per week, alterning 2ce and DOC, threshold or subthreshold levels.

I spent the past summer/fall like this and was one of the sweetest periods of my life. Currently Im having some kind of heart issues, so Im unsure to do it again until I reaserach and fix it first, but Im all to microdose another season

Both DOC and 2C-E are full agonists of the serotonin 2A receptor, the one thought to link to valvular heart disease. When combining microdosing protocols you probably want only one with that kind of affinity. Though it could mainly be vasoconstriction at play.

That is why I microdose LSD.

The antidepressant/serotonogenic effects are very desirable. It could lead to wanting to take it again Tomorrow. :coffee:
Holding back 2-3 days before next micro'dose' is the way to go; if wanting to keep a "sustainable, long term" LSD micro regimen.

for 1plsd or ethlad,
@ 10ug/dose I could do it every day
@ 20-30ug/dose I could do it every other or 3rd day
@ 30-50ug/dose I could do it once per week

all with no tolerance

25ug is my go to dose and my habit is every second or 3rd day
energy improves, mental agility improves, mood improves, some psychedelic effects are noticeable and these are greatly enhanced with a single toke of cannabis.

That is why I microdose LSD.

The antidepressant/serotonogenic effects are very desirable. It could lead to wanting to take it again Tomorrow. :coffee:
Holding back 2-3 days before next micro'dose' is the way to go; if wanting to keep a "sustainable, long term" LSD micro regimen.
Hey there. That's much better, clear and plain meaning easy and straight forward for us all to understand and clearly so that we can can genuinely learn and benefit from your experience and knowledge.

I I do intend myself to begin and microdosing program my mum has actually just started experimenting with it she is 69 years old and so far the results have been incredibly interesting but not without some problematic aspects.

I have seen from many of your posts that you have extensive experience with hallucinogenics particularly LSD and I respect everybody for their experiences and wisdom in life and believe we can learn from most people no matter who or where we are.

So this is largely why it was frustrating to me personally to be puzzled by your more cryptic and confusing posting style recently but this post you have just made here is a perfect example of how to to help us to more easily benefit from your undoubted knowledge and experience.

Sincerely, what you have said just now will be very useful to me to take on board in the mull with all of the other information we are taking in and assimilating on this topic right now.

So thank you for that, please keep this in mind when you post- we want to hear your experience, ideas etc, but in a way which is clear for us to follow and relate to, without feeling patronized. I hope you can appreciate where I am coming from and and wishing you a pleasant weekend from the United Kingdom.

Last edited:
Maybe have a look here:

AutoTripper,

You response has more than made My night. Just got home from the club.

I really hope You do not microdose any other doses besides LSD-25.

I contribute to LSD and tradition psychedelic research as much as My mum will let Me.
Some members here do not agree with anything I have to say on here so hearing this from someone like You is refreshing, to say the least.
I usually just skim past all the posts that are super long unless there are key words or phrases that I'm in search of.

I hope to see You on the boards more often.

Cheers Mate!!!!

Last edited:
AutoTripper,

You response has more than made My night. Just got home from the club.

I contribute to LSD and tradition psychedelic research as much as My mum will let Me.
Some members here do not agree with anything I have to say on here so hearing this from someone like You is refreshing, to say the least.
I usually just skim past all the posts that are super long unless there are key words or phrases that I'm in search of.

I hope to see You on the boards more often.

Cheers Mate!!!!
Heu there, and big thank you to you for being so openly and warmly receptive if my thoughts, all genuinely sincere and well meant.
I really have very little experience myself compared to most members here, many of whom I'm in awe of for their wealth of knowledge. I have eveh littler actual "knowldege" of psychedellics and drugs in general.

I am a philosopher by nature, a born thinker and deep one at that. Very damaged by illness and injury. I remain pretty humble but as dead honest, sincere and "real" as can possibly be.

So I simply try and encourage this in others so that no matter what our differences and experiences and beliefs, we can all respect each other and share honestly and openly for the good of all in a purely selfless manner which will always be more rewarding to ourselves.

And like I say, it sounds like you have loads and loads of useful experience, which maybe you haven't assimilated sufficiently yet. As long as ypu can share clearly and honestly (I don't mean "you", but "us" in general), without assuming to have even ANY answers but being open in thinking to all possibilities....

then noone can "disagree" with your experience, and there is no way to not see eye to eye either because egos are aside, heads together with the same cause, to figure things out and make some senses together.

So that is what I was getting at genuinely trying to help you see something from another angle so you can maybe adopt a different approach where we can all immediately benefit from your experiences.

Okay Im rambling. I actually tried a new drug for the first time tonight. Very spontaneously I took 10mg 4-Ho-Mipt. With lots of cannabis vapor and edibles in me.

Was a very nice experience. Less stimulating and provokong than acid, actually easier come up, no anxiety at all which I do get with lyserg"a"mides ? .

Also very MDMA like in numerous ways. That sort of empty headed, clear consciousness and almost mongey, methadone comfort sort of headspace. And physically too in a number of ways it strongly reminded me of MDMA which I have not experienced since 2005.

Very clean feeling anyway the 4 Ho Mipt. A deliberate low dose as Im pretty sick and quite sensitive to psychedelics and all drugs in fact. Certainly very therapeutic and releasing and calming in effects.

I have never taken a tryptamine before and I have only had 4 experiences with 1plsd this year after a 6.5 year break from all drugs except cannabis (Im addicted).

Nice stuff. It makes me consider seeing if I can still get some 4-aco-dmt while it is there.

Back on topic- I think there is a chance that using these tryptamines for microdosing might work better for my mum then 1plsd which could just be too aggressive and stimulating for her and I know that at some people find better results with mushrooms.

@mr peabody hello, thanks very much for your post and link I have been reading through your contributions which are are extremely useful and interesting and actually is what spurred me to spontaneously take my 4 ho mipt tonight.

Much appreciated and hope your weekend has been going well.

I like 1/8 tabs (around 12.5 mcg) for microdosing. I can actually work and be at meetings at that level. Beyond that, I tend to get a little grin. A couple times that 1/8 tab has felt like a 1/3, so volumetric dosing helps (sorry if already mentioned). 1/4 tab is amazing for a sparkle, energy day. Beyond that doesn’t feel micro for me, but everyone finds their sweet spot(s) for different purposes. ETH-LAD is my fav for MD’ing.

IME aMT was really good for microdosing, 3 to 5mg of the freebase taken in the morning (plugged or insufflated) would provide a day long relief from symptoms of depression, and mental clarity was preserved.
To be noted that there was somewhat of an ideation of taking more so maybe it is not advisable for people with established moreish tendencies.

Both DOC and 2C-E are full agonists of the serotonin 2A receptor, the one thought to link to valvular heart disease. When combining microdosing protocols you probably want only one with that kind of affinity. Though it could mainly be vasoconstriction at play.
The main culprit at heart valve disease is 5ht2B. 2A is the psychedelic one. DOC has like 10 times less affinity for 2B compared to 2CE so is 10 times healthier for the heart and the one Im currently using.

The heart healthier ones are 5-meo-dmt>DOC>DOI>LSD>5-meo-mipt. I havent map all them but the rest are pretty much 100% 2B full agonist and will cause valve disease with cronic usage. Believe me, I had read mostly all papers in the net regarding this issue and Im digesting it in 3 lines....

Regarding the microdose usage, yep, the best way is to wait 2 or better 3 days between microdoses. You can do it dayly for shorts periods too but it has decreasing returns

DOC is such a gem... I hadn´t tripped in a ton of months and I had a microdose this same week. Sooo much internal cleaning, and help with touchs of depression that were lingering around.

I did myself a "psychic surgery" and extracted a nasty blob of dark energy. I haven´t feel that good in months!!

There´s DOI and a bunch of other random and semioscure DOx that are pretty much unknown and/or unobtanium.