• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

methylmethaqualone

i know this is dangerous territory BUT if one were to coadminister an anticonvulsant could the risk of seizure be reduced? im aware that its extremely foolish to stack sedatives but what about a small dose of a valium/Clonazepam/phenobarbital?

hamhurricane said:
i know this is dangerous territory BUT if one were to coadminister an anticonvulsant could the risk of seizure be reduced? im aware that its extremely foolish to stack sedatives but what about a small dose of a valium/Clonazepam/phenobarbital?
As methaqualone (and derivatives) are supposed to work via GABA-receptors, at least partially, and "valium/Clonazepam/phenobarbital" do so as well, I WOULD STRONGLY DISENCOURAGE such an idea. Synergistic effects can not be predicted! Fatality is within the possible results...

I tried smoking small amounts (5-10mg) and was very impressed, I wouldnt do more than this as it was extremley strong at 10mg.

I was using 'the machine' with ash on the wire wool and direct flame on the MMQ.

I should be receiving this chemical today, would you recommend 5mg smoked as a starting dose?
How sedating is it at that dose, can you give any details of duration, any negative side effects that you noticed?

I would definatley recommend 5mg to start with.

When holding in the smoke after smoking the high comes within around ten seconds and lasts around a minute, I would describe it as a rush but you are more sedated than stimulated.

The only side effects I have noticed are a lack of coordination for around 20 minutes after use and my facial muscles spasmed repeatedly during the actual 'rush' (but I do suffer from multiple tic syndrome).

I found there to be a large increase in effects between a dose of 5mg and a dose of 8mg, I am not keen on pushing it much past ten.

Does anyone know how much I could smoke in a sitting before it becomes dangerous? are the effects cumulative when smoking?

So far i have only tried it a couple of times and each time kept it to 3-4 pipes.

Although it doesnt give me the desperate desire for more that crack does I would like to spend a night smoking it (I wont tho) perhaps its an association thing putting a crack pipe to my lips and getting a quick high.

Last edited:
One of my friends insisted they wanted to try a higher dose tonight and smoked 12mg.

After smoking they went unresponsive and had what I would describe as a minor seziure. Their eyes were shut and their whole body shaked for about 2 minutes, not violently but enough to worry me.

When I tried to get a response out of them they opened their eyes but didnt seem to understand what was happening around them.

After around 3 minutes they came around and started talking about how amazing it had been, completley unaware of what had happened to them.

This evening they had smoked two pipes previously, one at 8mg and one at 10mg, both of these were fine and gave the expected results with no spasming. Each pipe was around an hour apart.

This was enough to give me serious worrys about this chemical as the difference between a pleasurable dose and a problamatic one seem to be very close.

I still want to try an oral dose (low) and would consider smoking again but only at low doses and very infrequently

vedwit said:
One of my friends insisted they wanted to try a higher dose tonight and smoked 12mg.

After smoking they went unresponsive and had what I would describe as a minor seziure. Their eyes were shut and their whole body shaked for about 2 minutes, not violently but enough to worry me.

<I cut text here - SpellmanT7>

This evening they had smoked two pipes previously, one at 8mg and one at 10mg, both of these were fine and gave the expected results with no spasming. Each pipe was around an hour apart.

This was enough to give me serious worrys about this chemical as the difference between a pleasurable dose and a problamatic one seem to be very close.

I still want to try an oral dose (low) and would consider smoking again but only at low doses and very infrequently

Throw it away.8o

We rarely get such obvious clues in regards to the dangers of a new (ok, a new variation of an existing) drug. If you'd ever had a grand mal seizure or if you'd had to watch your friend experience one, you wouldn't have the substance anymore - it would've ben flushed down the nearest toilet.:(

Absolutely, it's another case of the R/C industry pushing out a product without doing so much as a literature search. In this case it'd have required a little work to figure out what the german was saying, but my wife managed it (per my request), so I assume just about any native english speaker will handle it easily enough.

Though I had a seizure from tramadol a few weeks ago in the bathroom at my work, and I continued taking it. Though with tramadol, it's easy enough to take a dose where it's no problem or take depakote.

SpellmanT7 said:
Throw it away.8o

We rarely get such obvious clues in regards to the dangers of a new drug

Yeh, I think you are right on that.

I am certinaly in no hurry to do it again.

Is the risk of seizure directed related to the pharmacological action that brings the high?
I.e. would it be possible that there could be other analogues that retained the high without carrying (or at least vastly reducing) the risk of seizure?

IlostaMadge said:
Is the risk of seizure directed related to the pharmacological action that brings the high?
I.e. would it be possible that there could be other analogues that retained the high without carrying (or at least vastly reducing) the risk of seizure?

the risk of seizure can be separated from the activity that brings the 'high' indeed methaqualone raises the seizure threshold in mice and acts as an anti-convulsant.

The people behind Methylmethaqualone have not done their homework, additionally some reports are that the quality and purity of this material is very poor.

FWIW methaqualone the genuine stuff isn't all that great, it is pleasant but not really amazing. It seems that people have rose tinted memories of the 1970's and early 80's where 'ludes were used widely.

TAKE HOME MESSAGE FOR METHYL METHAQUALONE :LEAVE THIS SUBSTANCE ALONE before someone is seriously hurt.

the same applies to GLUTETHIMIDE AND ANALOGS but for different reasons.

Last edited:
Is the mechanism that causes seizure significantly different from drugs such as GHB or Pregabalin that cause the same type of reaction at high doses?

What makes you think this is so dangerous, is it the physical threat of seizure and the delerious thrashing around, or does the actual seizure pose a risk of physical/mental harm on the user above and beyond the aforementioned physical state?

IlostaMadge said:
Is the mechanism that causes seizure significantly different from drugs such as GHB or Pregabalin that cause the same type of reaction at high doses?

What makes you think this is so dangerous, is it the physical threat of seizure and the delerious thrashing around, or does the actual seizure pose a risk of physical/mental harm on the user above and beyond the aforementioned physical state?

I don't think it is known precisely how the dimethyl and methyl methaqualones cause seizures, but all I can find out is that the substances were investigated a long time ago as potential sedatives and dropped pretty quickly.

It is well documented that long lasting seizures cause damage to the brain.

vedwit said:
...smoked 12mg:

After smoking they went unresponsive and had what I would describe as a minor seziure. Their eyes were shut and their whole body shaked for about 2 minutes, not violently but enough to worry me.[1]

This was enough to give me serious worrys about this chemical as the difference between a pleasurable dose and a problamatic one seem to be very close.[2]

I still want to try an oral dose (low) and would consider smoking again but only at low doses and very infrequently[3]
[1]I strongyl support the last statement by Vecktor: Leave this stuff alone!
If I may quote that particular part from the old german SAR-ref again. Especially the 2',4'-substituted derivatives showed in mice: "apparent arousal during hypnosis" (original quote: "während der Hypnose deutliche Erregung"). Elsewhere in this thread I stated that men aren't mice but your case seems to confirm that men ARE actually mice (...in this case). Your friend went into "hypnosis" and had a seizure, exactly what was observed with mice. And if I get the message of that article correct, higher doses will lead to even more intense seizures...what comes then? Death, I suggest...

[2]This is exactly what I meant with the phrase "narrow safety margin". You got the point.

[3]Not even "very infrequently" and not orally, too. Your friends' case should be enough warning.

Murphy

Without going into sources here, i will say that the latest MMQ that is going around is very different in appearence than the stuff previously around.

I have put in reports of doint up to 225 of the old MMQ going around in feb/mar, but this new stuff looks very pure and VERY diferent.

Please use with caution and disregard all previous reports. This new stuff seems dangerous. I am scared to try and wish i didnt get so much.

Beyond risks of seizure, smoke inhalation, and addiction are there any other risks associated with methylmethaqualone usage?
Were 'luudes particularly neurotoxic or mentally/physically damaging?

I have some of the new powder. I am going to anger a fair amount of people, but I tried smoking it today, I started at 2mg and worked my way up to 7mg in one or two mg increments.

With each dose I was looking out for muscle twitches, uncontrolled movement, or shaking, and I have had none so far, I have found a dose that works for me without any negative side effects and will stick with that dose.

I am unsure whether to proceed with oral consumption or not.

Strangely enough, and I don't know if this is the case with 'luudes, but it seems to have a strong anti depressant effect, after the sedation of the last dose wore off and I decided to leave it there, I got and stil have a very nice sense of well being, a lot of energy, and a far higher level of concentration, it feels like a longer lasting far smoother dopamine rebound, or a stronger form of ketamine's AD effects, can anyone hazard a guess as to why this might be?

I know pregabalin's mechanism is a grey area at the moment, but can anyone think of any negative interactions betweeen it and MMQ?
It is a commonly prescribed anti seizure medication and because it is reported not to act on monoamines and their receptors, I wonder if it could be used alongside MMQ to safely reduce the risk of seizure.

Last edited:
IlostaMadge said:
Beyond risks of seizure, smoke inhalation, and addiction are there any other risks associated with methylmethaqualone usage?
Were 'luudes particularly neurotoxic or mentally/physically damaging?

what else do you need??

It doesn't anger me you make your own judgement call based on the available facts, it after all is your body and your brain. you only get one though :\

I personally do not think it is worth combining MMQ with anticonvulsants, this is adding another uncertainty to an already uncertain pharmacology and safety profile. if you chose to go down this route you are exploring uncharted territory.

I am quite happy never to bother with MMQ, I thought Methaqualone itself was ok but nothing special, it is no better than the benzos IMHO.

Side effects from chronic use of methaqualone are loss of motor coordination, walking into walls, ataxia, slurred speech, drowsiness and nystagmus. Severe acute overdose tends to produce muscle spasms, abnormally rapid reflexes, extreme muscle tension and restlessness.
I will see if I can find the product data sheets from the 1980's

Last edited:
Thank you very much :).

I am sure the walking into walls thing would be rather entertaining for those around me.

This drug is very pleasant, I haven't noticed any twitchiness yet, a definate loss of coordination though.

IlostaMadge said:
Thank you very much :).

I am sure the walking into walls thing would be rather entertaining for those around me.

I walk into walls without the influence of any drug, probably due to being absent minded. either that or old age is creeping up on me :)

I cannot find any product datasheets hopefully someone else out there will have an old copy of a pharma reference compilation.

Very stupidly I have been binging on this stuff for the past two nights, I have gone through a fair amount, and my tolerance is sky high.

I have noticed a few things: -

Tolerance increases incredibly rapidly, my tolerance is now 10x what it used to be.
The stuff is very morish when smoked, as can be expected.
The afterglow/rebound is still evident, very pleasant, and very noticable.
I have never ever slept so well, or woken up feeling so refreshed.
At higher doses (oral with smoked hits on top) my coordination goes haywire and my hands start twitching, this is the only sign of seizure I have had, and after it happened I slowed my intake.
The high itself is beautiful, and it gets very psychadelic at times, one thing I noticed was when I smoked higher doses and lay back and closed my eyes, I would get a stream of concepts, ideas, memories etc, at an amazingly fast pace, does anyone know if this happens as a build up to an epileptic fit? Or am I being presumptuous?

I have tried the following downers: -

Heroin, morphine, opium, tramadol, valium, kratom, gbl, valium, zolpidem, MMQ, alcohol, pregabalin,

and I would choose MMQ out of all of the above, opium does come close though, especially the high dose nodding state.

I have gone through a ridiculous amount recently (over a gram) and have successfully proved my lack of self control to myself, so I will not be touching anymore for a week or two.

It is however a drug that I intend to use fairly frequently as my once a week treat (I went from self medicating on any substance I could get my hands on to using once a week as opposed to building a lifestyle around drugs).

The negatives that I have noticed from it are: -

Slight dehydration.
Loss of coordination and short term memory deficiencies at higher dosages.
Slight nausea after the dose has worn off.
I sometimes get a headache after the dose has worn off, but it is very mild and might be related to dehydration.

My dose recommendations for pure MMQ would be : -

Smoked: -

5mg A pleasant high
8mg A definate rush with a fair amount of sedation
10mg An intense rush.

Oral: -

20-40mg 20mg being a pleasant high that you can work with, 40mg being couchlock.

Last edited: