• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Methoxetamine Subthread] Tolerance

it might be subjective, but abusing uppers (amphetamines mainly) alongside MXE drastically dampens MXE's work profile. lately i overdid it with the 4-FA, 2 & 4-FMA and MPA quite a bit for studyendurance reasons and did not feelt 120mg MXE + 100mg 2MK at all.. at most i was a very slightly bit wonky, like drinking 2-3 beers, but not at all dissociated, no movement impairment, no euphoria, no mania, actually quite calm. i have a pretty bloody MXE tolerance for sure, but i didnt expect to get nothing out of 120mg, which sent me directly into a hole 2 years ago. i have a moral (and greedy) problem upping a single dose beyond 200mg tho :(
i might just switch to IM. plugging, oral and nasal just wount do it anymore.

I independently notice the exact same tolerance mechanism with MXE. I have some tolerance. The first session after a 3+ weeks break will do it all for me, but if I re-enter the other day or a ew days later, suddenbly its bigtime tolerance again.

MXE makes it clear: have one session, at least spaced 3 weeks apart.

OP here again. First time I've been back since posting this. I thought I had low quality MXE, but after getting another batch that I was sure was of the highest quality I tried again. It just resulted in a bit of a drunk feeling and very introverted thought abstract thoughts and made me feel schizophrenic. I never reached the M-hole and the euphoria just isn't there. That was about 300mg over the course of 5 hours. I tried some after a DOC trip was wearing off too and I definitely M-holed off of 150mg... But it was possibly one of the darkest experiences of my life. Subsequent efforts have been mostly wasted product. There's definitely a lasting tolerance. On top of that I tried 4-MeO-PCP and it did little. Everyone else felt it, and while I felt something, it wasn't anything they described. I'm not an IM or IV user so I think I'm just retiring MXE and dissociatives in general for myself.

I see what you are speaking about.
I just eyeballed a dose of MXE 2 hours ago, roughly 40mg. Euphoria was here, stimulation was here, but not really dissociation and/or brainfuck (I spent my time chatting with friend with minor difficulties, the first time I took MXE it would be inconceivable to do that). WTF ? It's weird, Ive gone to perhaps only 5 gram thru 7 month and experience tolerance/loss of some part of the magic (not all). My last abuse was 1 week ago (3 days binges). I'll probably try to do a 2 or 3 month break then report.

Does this tolerance mean NMDA receptor don't function normally in natural setting (not in presence of MXE/Ketamine/external agents) ?

Occasional MXE use following more frequent tolerance inducing use

Given how seemingly rare it is for formerly tolerant users to go back to using MXE only occassionally for an extended period, I thought I'd post some recent observations regarding the impact of this pattern of use on previously developed dissociative tolerance. For the third time over a six week period I've experienced intense visuals after dosing high (80mg+), despite using low dose MXE on two consecutive nights on the second and third day prior to the latest experience (20mg and 15mg RA, respectively). I ONLY get such visuals after tolerance breaks, and so I associate them with "peak MXE effects." It appears that, for me, despite quickly redeveloping a moderately mild tolerance when I use daily or every other day for around 4 times or more at any dose, peak MXE effects can still be experienced following the usage pattern exhibited during this more recent dosing regimen. I've used high dose MXE three times with five to seven days between sessions during this latest period, which followed four weeks of complete dissociative abstinence to regain relative non-tolerance. My mildly moderate MXE tolerance was originally developed by using the following pattern: ~4 times per week, sometimes more, often using repeating doses of ~20mg plugged over the course of typically two to six hours, rarely exceeding 60mg total in a night, and taking two to five week tolerance breaks after finishing every 2 gram supply I had access to.

This may be a stretch and its certainly not a sure-fix since everyone is different hence different responses to this tolerance. But, I have experienced tolerance effects like most of the commenters in this thread; comig on after a binge and requiring at least 2 to 3 times however log to binge was to return to normal tolerance, which is slower than most drugs but seemigly quicker than most of you...
My hypothesis for why this is (again, a far shot) that in being a college student paying my own way, my diet is very sub-par with a lot of proccessed foods and delivery/take-out. Lots of cheap, proccessed food from restraunts means lots of MSG. Most people dot realize this, but MSG (monosodiumglutamate)has agonistic qualites on NMDAR. Now whether this is able to reverse tolerance on NMDAR's that have been downregulated from MXE use, of if MXE's tolerance even works like that are the bigger questions, but this is just an observation of my own life and a speculation why my tolerance issues are minimal compared to most people.

Also I take 5-htp fairly regualrly (3-5 times a week) and perhaps this takes care of some of the subtle but serious serotonin depletion that one mxe use would not cause, but that binging most likely would.

Anyway, like i said its a long shot but seens relevant enough to post.