• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Methoxetamine Subthread] Tolerance

I think someone (maybe in the MXE thread) said that after taking a long break, doing it again the first time after that tended to be pretty magical but then tolerance would shoot up again extremely fast so it almost might as well be permanent.

Works that way for me.
I tend to buy a gram every month or two, and then use it every evening until it's gone, which takes three to five days normally. The first night is always amazing, and the last night I never get much worth talking about, even if it's a couple hundred mgs. I find taking noopept for a couple days before I get into my MXE (but never during) tends to help.

To the OP^
The first time I did 15mg after 130mg+ or so 4 days earlier, I was tripping too hard to mask the 15mg. Today, I barely felt 15, it had been 11 days since last using. I'd say so. It really is just worth waiting to do MXE. The longer the better, like most substances.

i took mxe daily for 3 months, and now a year and a half later it is almost the same tolerance

I think someone (maybe in the MXE thread) said that after taking a long break, doing it again the first time after that tended to be pretty magical but then tolerance would shoot up again extremely fast so it almost might as well be permanent.

Yeah exactly this. Been using mxe for 7 or 8 months, after i took a month of, the first time was magical again, but the second day i almost wanna throw my bag away...

To those who (over) used MXE a lot in the past time and had a break:

What about low dosing ? As in < 10mg, as a subtle mood lift. Does this still work ?

permanent tolerance sounds really harsh. "loss of magic" i can definitly relate to. it's the same with MDMA/Ecstasy. Once you overdo it, tolerance builds, your reserves are depleted and even a 6 to 12 months break will not bring back the magic. i once read about a secondary "neurotransmitterstorage" mechanism that affects your "magic" of MDMA. maybe NMDA has a similar thing.

however i abused MDMA/E's in the 90ies until i didnt feel the magic anymore. Took 1 year break, still nothing. Then turned my back on a certain scene completely for good 10 years and then tried MDMA again and WHAM, magic returned. even methylone was giving me a good roll until after 1 year of quite abusive habits and too much parties the magic was gone again.

idk about the "permenant" thing, but i realize that certain mechanisms regenerate VERY slowly once completely depleted.

well i tried a bit over the weekend. 10 mg + 20 mg @T1:30
felt nice but still none of the ole' magic.
going to try abstaining three months or more now

Last edited:
To those who (over) used MXE a lot in the past time and had a break:

What about low dosing ? As in < 10mg, as a subtle mood lift. Does this still work ?

Yes low antidepressant doses will never stop working. It's the "hole" (not that MXE experience can properly be described as such compared to Ketamine anyway) that will become frustratingly elusive. If that's what you're after.

I used MXE for 2 years straight (stopped 8 months ago haven't touched it since) in doses between 100mg a day (on regular days) and 400mg a day (on party days). Tolerance was an issue but it seemed to level out after a while and MXE never became any less enjoyable. I mostly used it to maintain a constant state of hypomania and slightly spaced out euphoria. Functioned pretty well over those 2 years and had a total blast, actually.

I picked up MXE after about a 1 year break from Ketamine, which I abused massively over the course of a couple years prior to that. I had a massive Ketamine tolerance and I would imagine I started MXE with some cross tolerance-- as I rarely found MXE as dissociative as "n00bs" seemed to think it was. For me it was more of an upper. The best upper I ever tried, really.

Ketamine drove me insane and almost killed me... but MXE was a real chemical romance ;)

another question might be: does tolerance to dissociative drugs also mean that you get more prone against dissociation in general? asking from a clinical perspective. if someone has a dissociative disorder, could he push his natural tolerance towards getting into a dissociated state through K/MXE? i know it sounds mad, but what is that mechanism of getting resistant to dissociation (obviously the brain learns something here in order to overcome a "malfunctioning" state) otherwise mean?

Tolerance doesn't seem to drop from what I've experienced, as well as from what I've heard of others that have abused it regularly. I don't know what this talk about "losing the magic" is about, it doesn't seem to be anything like mdma in that regard. I've never had a problem reaching a desired state of being, it just takes more now that a tolerance is developed. With mdma no matter what the dosage is there is no getting back to that ideal level.

^ not so with dissos for me. No amount can bring me back to years ago, even after loooong breaks. Like years.

As a heavy user and abuser, tolerance goes down but the magic never returns.

You can go from needing 100mg to only needing 50mg in about a month or two...
but again that initial magic never returns.

Tolerance doesn't seem to drop from what I've experienced, as well as from what I've heard of others that have abused it regularly. I don't know what this talk about "losing the magic" is about, it doesn't seem to be anything like mdma in that regard. I've never had a problem reaching a desired state of being, it just takes more now that a tolerance is developed. With mdma no matter what the dosage is there is no getting back to that ideal level.

Lack of euphoria and inability to hole basically. I found with K that I had lost the magic via snorting however it was still very much there for IM and IV dosing. WHen I get my MXE next it will be going straight into my leg

after months and months of no "magic" and no hole i recently holed bigtime with an MXE & 2C-D combination. was really intense and lucid, although not quite that calming as MXE alone is when you do it the first times.

From reading as much as I can about MXE/dissoc tolerance, it seems that almost everyone experiences long-term tolerance or worse, 'permanent' tolerance.

This being the case, how is it that John C. Lilly was able to use ketamine as he did? Does anyone know? I'm not well versed in his practices, but IIRC he was using ketamine long after the average user would have 'lost the magic'.

From reading as much as I can about MXE/dissoc tolerance, it seems that almost everyone experiences long-term tolerance or worse, 'permanent' tolerance.

This being the case, how is it that John C. Lilly was able to use ketamine as he did? Does anyone know? I'm not well versed in his practices, but IIRC he was using ketamine long after the average user would have 'lost the magic'.

Quite possibly simply increasing his dose - also, while he used Ketamine a lot I still don't think he came anywhere close to the sheer amounts many people abusing the drug use it in. I can't seem to find any documentation of exactly how me he was using, but just because he was an addict doesn't mean he was necessarily caning grams of the stuff every day. He may have been addicted in the sense that he was using it every day/almost every day, but it's possible he still took breaks and he didn't increase his dosages massively.

I don't quite know anyone who ever "lost the magic" with Ketamine in the sense that even a higher dose couldn't replicate the same experience, but I do know many people who got to the point where they were having to take dosages in excess of an entire gram to get where they wanted to be. It's possible he did have a crazy high tolerance and just took more.

Also since this is about Methoxetamine tolerance rather than Ketamine tolerance it's worth counting in other factors that apply with Methoxetamine but not Ketamine, for example Methoxetamine's SERT affinity.

It's not exactly very high but I could still see there being tolerance produced in this respect, so heavy users may notice tolerance to any additional warmth and fluffiness the serotonin delivers, which might be why a lot of Methoxetamine users report the experiences get cold and unfriendly after a while. I imagine this would only be with very heavy use, but given the addictive nature of dissociatives a lot of people are using it in those kind of amounts.