Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Methoxetamine Subthread] Tolerance

Xitier

Greenlighter
Methoxetamine Subthread: Tolerance

This is the sub-thread of The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread in which to discuss all matters pertaining to tolerance built up after use, including but not limited to how to reduce tolerance, how long it takes to build up, etc.

[original post:]

I grew a taste for MXE about a year and a half ago, and for about six months I was taking it pretty consistently. I had originally started at maybe 25mg, which gave me a pretty good buzz, and about 85mg would M-hole me. After six months a buzz was 100mg and an M-hole took me probably 500mg total. Now after having only done it once in the last year I tried it again recently with the assumption that my tolerance would be gone, or at least lowered. 25mg did nothing but make my nose run. Another 25mg bump made me a little buzzed. And this continued up until I had taken about 140mg in two hours, with the result being a slightly warm drunk feeling, but far from what I remember. So my question for those that have overindulged in MXE in the past, did your tolerance ever go down, or has it stayed high after long breaks?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dissociative tolerance tends to be pretty permanent. I found the same thing, that I needed huge doses to get to the same place with a year off of 6 months of daily dosing. Sorry man

try adding cannabis or noid and keep usage rare
also magnesium and white grapefruit could help

Dissociative tolerance tends to be pretty permanent. I found the same thing, that I needed huge doses to get to the same place with a year off of 6 months of daily dosing. Sorry man

I wouldn't say tolerance is permanent. That's pretty extreme.

Take a read in the MXE megathread. There's plenty of people who abuse the drug and take breaks and can use it again with low tolerance doses.

Yes, if you haven't bashed on it, but if you did (like the OP seems to be), the general consensus is that tolerance actually seems to be some really big issue.

Btw, what do you mean when you say...
I was taking it pretty consistently

I've never really done it more than a couple times a month, but never really run into tolerance issues. Seems odd physiologically that tolerance could be permanent unless some serious long term changes have occurred, which IMO seems unlikely, but weirder things have happened i suppose.

Lots of time paired with healthy living is the best thing you could do to lower tolerance right now.

I think someone (maybe in the MXE thread) said that after taking a long break, doing it again the first time after that tended to be pretty magical but then tolerance would shoot up again extremely fast so it almost might as well be permanent.

Bash it and it will bash you. Go too hard, and you get a permanent ACH tolerance that never goes away. How i would love to have ketmine effect me like it did in the 90's. Years breaks. No difference. Respect it if you want to hve a long term relationship. It turns into something entirely different after bashing em for years. Oh, how the heart pines. I'd killl for a classic k hole. Apparently you can't chase such 109284848 times and expect the same results. Cross tolerance with other arylcyclohexylamines. I miss my first few hundred k holes. 150 mg IM. Dipshit! Oh well. I liked that place. Loved it.

How is ACh involved? Is this similar to how cholinergic drugs like racetams can limit effects from NMDA antagonists?

How is ACh involved? Is this similar to how cholinergic drugs like racetams can limit effects from NMDA antagonists?

i think he meant ArylCycloHexylamine but idk

i've developed a sort of "magic-loss" only tolerance to mxe. I still get the same amount of effect from a given dosage, its just not same type of effect (if that makes sense). Still get the incoordination and some negative side-effects, still get a nice warm feeling, but none of the sense of being in an emotionless claymation world of silly confusion.
I'm thinking of having some tomorrow after a 6 week break. will report back if the magic reappears. (thats not a very long break tho, is it?)

I think someone (maybe in the MXE thread) said that after taking a long break, doing it again the first time after that tended to be pretty magical but then tolerance would shoot up again extremely fast so it almost might as well be permanent.

How often can MXE be done at a strong dose and retain all the effects?

i think he meant ArylCycloHexylamine but idk

i've developed a sort of "magic-loss" only tolerance to mxe. I still get the same amount of effect from a given dosage, its just not same type of effect (if that makes sense). Still get the incoordination and some negative side-effects, still get a nice warm feeling, but none of the sense of being in an emotionless claymation world of silly confusion.
I'm thinking of having some tomorrow after a 6 week break. will report back if the magic reappears. (thats not a very long break tho, is it?)

How often were you taking the MXE and how much were the doses?

How often can MXE be done at a strong dose and retain all the effects?

No one can really give you a definite answer on tolerance. Some people may use, and keep using heavily without developing a tolerance while some people may do it occasionally and experience a sharp rise in tolerance. How quickly tolerance will rise depends on your body, and your body alone. If while using you find you fear tolerance buildup, I recommend you re-evaluate how much you're using and control your use.

How often were you taking the MXE and how much were the doses?

I was taking 20 - 50 mg, 2 to 3 times a week at the peak of my use. The tolerance came on so slowly that I hardly noticed it. Since last June I've kept it to 2 -3 times a month, still never going over 50 mg in a session.

Before I tried MXE I used to whole from 100mg s-Ketamine, I did MXE everyday for 6 months at 100mg. Now, near exactly one year later with no Ketamine in over 2 years and no MXE in roughly a year, 250mg of the same K does not whole me. I am getting some MXE soon to test if 100mg will whole me but I suspest the tolerance is close to permanent, much like Ketamine tolerance.

Everyday @100mgs for 6months? Damn, that's a lot.

I've taken MXE, 3-MeO-PCP/E a bit more often in the last 5 weeks and i definitely notice a rising tolerance. Not much, but enough to make me decide to stop taking them completely for the moment. And with more often i mean no more than approx. 8-9 times in those weeks, with the 3-MeO dosage always below 10mgs and MXE no more than 70mgs per session, mostly less (~5-50mgs). I completely ceased taking them now and wait for at least 8-10 weeks. I'm thrilled to see, what 10mgs plugged will do then.

I've never really abused that stuff and normally, after 6-10 weeks of abstinence, 10mgs were enough to gimme the magic i was looking for :)

Yeah sol I was just tired of typing out ArylCycloHexylamines but I understand the confusion :)

I know plenty of tricks for lowering opioid tolerance and some tricks for lowering tolerance to other classes of drugs like amphetamines but I've yet to research NMDA antagonist tolerance. Anyone here know of any tricks for preventing and/or reversing tolerance to NMDA antagonists? Not very much is known about glutamate receptors by modern pharmacology (according to my pharmacology book at least), its a relatively unexplored area which I believe may unlock new paradigms in psychopharmacology. Since NMDA antagonists don't have many uses in medicine (compared to say opioids), not that much research on this is endorsed by pharmaceutical companies. For now, its up to psychonaughts like us to experiment. Glutamate receptors clearly play a significant role in the bodies drug tolerance mechanisms, NMDA antagonists block tolerance to all kinds of drugs, even benzodiazepines. The other 2 types of glutamate receptors are AMPA and kainate, maybe thats a good place to start experimenting. I believe piracetam acts on AMPA receptors. Tianeptine is an SSRE (serotonin reuptake enhancer) but theres some evidence to suggest that it modulates the serotonin transporter via AMPA receptors. Gonna do some research now.

^ Sounds interesting. Pls keep us updated if you find some interesting stuff :)