View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Methoxetamine Subthread] Combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhaha i cant wait to try 2c-e with mxe. LSD and MXE was amazing so i bet 2c-e + MXE will be too =D

DOC + MXE anyone? Would like to hear peoples experiences with this combination, as I am considering doing so in the near future (8
I did not like it, it felt like the drugs were overlaying each other, and the effects did not synergize. I have enjoyed MXE with every psychedelic I've mixed it with except DOC. That includes 2c-e, lsd, 4-ho-met, dpt, dmt, 5-meo-dmt.

I just wanted to apologize once again for my posts earlier that were out of line and off-topic, I deleted them.

I have found these combinations to be quite pleasurable in different ways.

MXE+Low Dose Benzodiazepines/Ethanol/Kava

MXE+Low Dose Opioids

MXE+Xanthines

MXE+2C-D

MXE+Tryptamines(Notably DMT and Psilocybin) These combinations are by far my favorite, they seem to compliment each other very well; adds to the next day laziness though.

Sincerely
bb

Just to warn anyone stupid enough to combine MXE, 4fa, 6APB while on a SSRI (Zoloft). Don't do it. It got me to the hospital with everyone around me thinking I overdosed on purpose and then gone insane.

That sounds really rough man, I'm glad to hear everything is ok; would you mind sharing a bit more about what happened?

Too much dopamine or serotonin?

That sounds like a dangerous, potentially lethal combination - why did you do something like that?

I don't really care much about my health anymore and I've done some pretty crazy shit combos in the past few months. Stupid indeed, but drugs are basically the only reason I still live my life.

Sure Botanical Baron :)
It was about 1pm when I took a 6apb pellet. Usually I start to feel the first effects after 45min or so, but this time two hours went by and nothing was happening. When I realized it's probably because I was recently put on SSRIs I simply didn't want to accept the fact that nothing would happen, so I went and did a pretty decent size line of MXE (don't have a scale so no idea how much I took). The next two or three hours I was pretty high but not completely off, it felt more like a dream than reality, but I could still control my actions, so I mostly lay in bed listnening to my ipod and messaging with friends on FB, I even posted on BL and talked to my mom when she came to my room. Then I did another, a bit smaller line and after that a bomb of 4fa. I don't remember much after that, except a glimpse of my mom's and stepdad's face and laying somewhere, but I think I redosed MEX 1-2 more times. My mom later told me she came to my room at about 8pm and I just stared at her wild crazy eyes and huge pupils, unable to say anything or walk and acting like I've lost it. I think I started to somewhat regain conciousness when they brought me to the hospital, I remember seeing nurse's faces around me. The reality at first still felt too far away to be mine, over some time I started to believe that I was tripping hard and what was happening wasn't real. It was about 10pm when it hit me that this might be the reality, my vision and hearing were still impaired but I looked around the room, saw
A nurse came and asked me how I was, I told her I feel fine but don't know where I am. She told me that I was at a hospital where my parents brought me because I took too many of my Zoloft pills and that I had dangerous arythmia (sp?), high blood pressure, high heart rate and a bunch of other things, so they took me in, gave me laxatives and I was now hooked to some machinery until my body would stabilize. Soon my mum came in and I started to cry uncontrollably. I asked her how they knew what happened to me, she told me the nurse asked me if I took too much of my meds, I nodded, she asked how many, held out fingers and I nodded at 5. I was very aware that this wasn't true but decided to rather keep quiet as it would be better if my parents don't find out about the drugs.
I stayed there and the next morning told a psychiatrist that I don't remember absolutely nothing about last night, convinced her to let me home, promised I wouldn't "attempt suicide" again. Another doctor came in then and told my mum they found amphetamines in my urine. Finally I was let home somewhere in the afternoon, still feeling quite off.

Health? It's a bit more of a health issue when you can take a combo that can potentially kill you. Serotonin syndrome is no laughing matter, and has been fatal many times. My post is probably starting to sound like a "Just say no" ad, but the fact of the matter is - you can't enjoy drugs when you're dead. Please avoid ridiculous combos like that in the future, it's recklessness like that which is behind why drugs are still illegal. Don't be a statistic.

I did something a bit reckless last night. I am normally pretty cautious and am very much on the "don't mix MXE and MDxx" bandwagon.... BUT, it was my birthday so I got a little silly. Coming down from liquid LSD and crystal MDMA I had a naughty little line. It was probably about 5 hours since I'd taken the crystal and 6 or more since I dropped the acid, and I only had maybe 15 mgs MXE. I had also been drinking moderately all day. Didn't feel any bad effects, just hilarity. Turned the comedown into a puddle of giggles, and kept me buzzing for the rest of the morning (couldn't sleep anyway). YMMV, it was fun but still not recommended...

Last edited:
NMDAR(-);CBR1,2(+);GABAaR(+&aa)

The roa always used here for mxe is vaping the base, which is an oil.

Thus, interpretation of all combos *must* taken in this context. Apologies to those with no frame of reference.

Given that, my take on the combo situation is thus:

1) Just mxe (~10-20 mg) alone, once and not repeated:

Provides a sudden, hard, analytical and broad push that bridges the nebulous gaps between interdependent concepts which commonly rattle about a person's consciousness. Want to connect steven hawking's cosmos with the perils of using child labor to exploit gold mining in sub-Saharan Africa? This is the way to go, and you'll be done in 15 minutes max, ala dimitri. But you'll be surprisingly functional as you OBE, so please don't wander about.

2) mxe (~5-10 mg), repeated about twice at 30 min interval+ one-time pre-loaded vaped full CB1/2 agonists (jwh-xxx/am-xxxx; ~ 5-10 mg):

Provides a creepy but lush exploration of the Jungian hinterland; archetypes abound and often intrude on the cold and electric analysis that mxe alone provides. Be accepting of their intrusion and explore their purpose for coming to the forefront. Mobility is lessened, but still problematic. Obviously CB1/2 agonists have staying power, so the post 15 min mxe OBE melds nicely into a general reflective stone.

3) minimal mxe (~3-8 mg), repeated occasionally at will+ vaped full CB1/2 agonists (jwh-xxx/am-xxxx; ~5-10 mg) + discrete units of GABAa agonist (measured amounts of dilute EtOH; ~ 18 g in some form or another, a tart pinot grigio works great) + low dose GABAa allosteric activator (thienobenzodiazepine; ~1 mg):

Provides a relaxing, occasionally rushy and insightful but overall lackadaisical evening redolent with splendorous good-will and general well-being while still promoting the ability to be intrigued by the most minor minutiae after a tiny bolus of mxe vape.

Health? It's a bit more of a health issue when you can take a combo that can potentially kill you. Serotonin syndrome is no laughing matter, and has been fatal many times. My post is probably starting to sound like a "Just say no" ad, but the fact of the matter is - you can't enjoy drugs when you're dead. Please avoid ridiculous combos like that in the future, it's recklessness like that which is behind why drugs are still illegal. Don't be a statistic.

Of all the complications drugs can cause, serotonin syndrome really is one of the nastiest, and most tortuous. A few months ago I was constantly harking on about my horrible experiences combining MXE with 5-APB, and even my experience combining MXE with MDAI. A lot of time has passed since then, and nobody can surely say what happened (I've been shot down for mentioning serotonin syndrome in the same breath as methoxetamine), but whatever happened to my mind and body during those nights it was horrible. MXE gets rather sinister when used in combination with other drugs.

I did something a bit reckless last night. I am normally pretty cautious and am very much on the "don't mix MXE and MDxx" bandwagon.... BUT, it was my birthday so I got a little silly. Coming down from liquid LSD and crystal MDMA I had a naughty little line. It was probably about 5 hours since I'd taken the crystal and 6 or more since I dropped the acid, and I only had maybe 15 mgs MXE. I had also been drinking moderately all day. Didn't feel any bad effects, just hilarity. Turned the comedown into a puddle of giggles, and kept me buzzing for the rest of the morning (couldn't sleep anyway). YMMV, it was fun but sCarefulktill not recommended...
Careful when doing things like this, being on a stimulant comedown usually means lower seizure threshold, basically that's what happend to me and i could have died.

MXE & Seroquel?

How would taking seroquel everyday interact with mxe? I take 25mg seroquel (instant release) every night before bed. How would it interact, if at all, with taking MXE in the morning? I should note I already had a very high tolerance to mxe prior to starting my seroquel again, which was only a couple weeks ago. Any input?

How would taking seroquel everyday interact with mxe? I take 25mg seroquel (instant release) every night before bed. How would it interact, if at all, with taking MXE in the morning? I should note I already had a very high tolerance to mxe prior to starting my seroquel again, which was only a couple weeks ago. Any input?

From a cursory bit of reading I don't think there should be any significant negative interaction. Your quetiapine dose is pretty low anyway (you're only taking it for insomnia?). Excessive sedation and a decrease of desirable effects from MXE might happen if you were to take them in such a way their effects were overlapping.

Yes deadich, I am well aware it was not smart. I probably still had valium in my system from the night before, which helps somewhat with the seizure risk. It certainly didn't feel dangerous at the time but I will not take that as encouragement to repeat the experience.
As a follow up... strangely I have not had any 'wednesday crash' from the MDMA. This is interesting because a) I have been very unhappy lately and was expecting a nasty comedown; and b) I have been using MXE long enough that it no longer produces any anti-depressant after-effect alone.

Does anyone know if combining a low-ish dose (20mg) of MXE with 2-DPMP is safe? I took 2mg of 2-DPMP a few hours ago, and have found it's actually having the opposite effect I had intended (dysphoria, inability to focus, feeling sluggish and tired). I could only find one mention of this combo, but it lacked any useful details (nothing about dosage, etc.). I've found that MXE at lower doses is actually a far better stimulant than the majority of the RC stims on the market. The only downside is the deficits in cognition that are common to dissociative anaesthetics.

FYI, I have tried 2-DPMP at higher does and found it unremarkable. For me, it's like a long-lasting modafinil (i.e. just unpleasant side-effects).

Last edited:
Does anyone know if combining a low-ish dose (20mg) of MXE with 2-DPMP is safe? I took 2mg of 2-DPMP a few hours ago, and have found it's actually having the opposite effect I had intended (dysphoria, inability to focus, feeling sluggish and tired). I could only find one mention of this combo, but it lacked any useful details (nothing about dosage, etc.). I've found that MXE at lower doses is actually a far better stimulant than the majority of the RC stims on the market. The only downside is the deficits in cognition that are common to dissociative anaesthetics.

FYI, I have tried 2-DPMP at higher does and found it unremarkable. For me, it's like a long-lasting modafinil (i.e. just unpleasant side-effects). I long for the days when there wasn't a national Adderall shortage. None of these RC stims even come close to the standard study-aid pharmacopia (4-FA may be the sole exception).

That doesn't sound like a good idea. Although it depends how much MXE you plan on taking. You'll likely end up feeling more dysphorically fucked up though.

That is one possibility. I personally find MXE to be incredibly euphoric. I'm considering taking 20mg of MXE, which for me is a low dose (not psychedelic in the least, but quite euphoric and somewhat intoxicating... what I always thought alcohol should feel like given how popular it is).

I suppose my concern about the combination is in regard to serotonin syndrome. I'm not sure of the exact pharmacology of 2-DPMP (does anyone know?), so I have no clue how it may interact with MXE.

So, if anyone has done this combo and emerged unscathed, please share your experience.

Last edited:
That is one possibility. I personally find MXE to be incredibly euphoric. I'm considering taking 20mg of MXE, which for me is a low dose (not psychedelic in the least, but quite euphoric and somewhat intoxicating... what I always thought alcohol should feel like given how popular it is).

I suppose my concern about the combination is in regard to serotonin syndrome. I'm not sure of the exact pharmacology of 2-DPMP (does anyone know?), so I have no clue how it may interact with MXE.

So, if anyone has done this combo and emerged unscathed, please share your experience.

Serotonin syndrome is really unlikely. Neither MXE or 2-DPMP act on serotonin, but they are both dopamine reuptake inhibitors. As such you won't get serotonin syndrome, but you could end up in a manic state with all that dopamine kicking about, which in turn is potentially dangerous. You'll be more likely to experience paranoia as well, which isn't good when you're already having doubts about the safety of the combination.

Thanks, I think I'll hold off on combining the two, as you've confirmed some of my concerns about the combination. In my experience, after the initial peak of MXE, I tend to experience 4-5 hours of solid stimulation, with the often unpleasant side-effect of irrational worrying (mostly worrying about my sanity or the physical health of my pets... things I don't normally worry about because they aren't ever an issue).

If 2-DPMP amplifies that effect even a little bit, I suspect it will be a long and miserable night for me. So, I'll just ride this out and save the MXE for another day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.