• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Methoxetamine Subthread] Adverse Effects / Side-effects

1400-1800mgs in one weekend is a lot for this substance. Its not surprising you'd get some bad effects from using so much in such a short period of time. Sounds like you should take a break.

It sounds like you were still a little out of it even after you woke up and you decided to smoke. It sounds like the cannabis has given you somewhat of a panic attack so it would help to not smoke again for awhile. And no more mxe :) You should be fine after you come back down. Just don't do that again, that's a lot of methoxetamine for such a small amount of time.

Merged together a few threads to document reported side-effects. But let us try to separate acute adverse reactions reported even with infrequent use and/or small doses from problems arising after abuse / very frequent use / large quantities.

Like is said above here some quantities mentioned are surely excesses and problems that may arise can be similar to those seen with ketamine or other dissociatives. As such they can be understood better by just looking at the track record of ketamine. They can be expected better from MXE and avoided by using with moderation.

Acute adverse effects aren't necessarily more problematic but since they are less expected given the limited history of MXE use we especially need all the info we can get.

Merged together a few threads to document reported side-effects. But let us try to separate acute adverse reactions reported even with infrequent use and/or small doses from problems arising after abuse / very frequent use / large quantities.

Great idea. But the majority of this thread is off topic. Might as well call it "Nitrous Adverse Effects / Side-effects" :\

That's a ridiculous amount to go through in just a couple days. I myself went through 10 grams in just over 2 months and felt pretty wonky for about a week but eventually leveled out. Do NOT smoke any weed for a while and use some benzos or something to settle you down. Your condition should pass within the next several days.

1400-1800mgs in one weekend is a lot for this substance. Its not surprising you'd get some bad effects from using so much in such a short period of time. Sounds like you should take a break.

It sounds like you were still a little out of it even after you woke up and you decided to smoke. It sounds like the cannabis has given you somewhat of a panic attack so it would help to not smoke again for awhile. And no more mxe :) You should be fine after you come back down. Just don't do that again, that's a lot of methoxetamine for such a small amount of time.

thanks for the replys, been in town today and soaked up some rays, did end up smoking a little more weed but didnt seem to slip any firther down. my mate gave me 2 vee's in town and theyve levelled me out a bit, he sent me home with 5 aswell the legend.

problem being, i have 400mg more mxe and a box of nitrous whippets in front of me,and some weed. hahaha oopsy....better lock it away.

Could you save those sorts of posts for the social thread? Right at the top of the PD thread list. This one is for discussion of adverse reactions / side-effects. I know you like to mix drugs but I don't like to mix topics. :D thanks!

^lol well it looks like benzo's still work during a session with methoxetamine.

Did you notice any adverse effects from mixing the two? I'm not into benzo's but I'm curious about how they interact incase one needed to abort a trip. Please tell us if you have a benzo tolerance aswell because that seems like a moderate/high dose of diazepam to me.

I'm glad that you're ok, just learn from that state of hell that you were in earlier. I wouldn't recommend mixing the two for a "high" because you very well may do something crazy that you might regret later.

^Lol, that's a weird trait of methoxetamine; an increasing stimulation as the dissociation/sedation/main effects wear off, never tried methoxetamine, but I can't imagine I'd really enjoy this part with out any benzos or opiates, if that would even be safe or enjoyable.

I am one of the most hyperactive people on this earth and the only thing that has ever seriously sedated me recreationally were the benzo's and the Ritalin that I was forced to take as a child. Low, steady doses of methoxetamine does indeed give me an energy boost and this includes after I've passed the peak of a high dose(50mg+). The energy boost is more of a natural energy boost unlike the amphetamines/cathinones. The closest thing it feels like to me is a long, drawn out DARI/cocaine like buzz with no comedown, just a lasting afterglow that lasts atleast 2 weeks and the motivation stays. This stuff obviously affects everyone different. It helped/helps me.

I've also had that weird "eyelid removal" sensation, where it feels like my brain takes a snapshot of the last thing I was looking at and forces me to stare at it even when my eyes are closed. I find that this only happens in the day time. If I do MXE at night, I can just shutter the windows and turn everything off and be alright. Tinnitus can be a bitch though, it really rings LOUD for me when I'm in the M-hole.

does anyone else experience this sense of nausea/sickness on higher doses of mxe? i have a hard time enjoying the m-hole because of this.

Hi abore,

No real withdrawals for me when I do quit using even after a month long 5g binge, except that most things are boring for a few days probably because I'm used to doing them with some MXE in me. Went through 2g over the last week, just ran out last night. Also, this stuff steals away my motivation to do things that matter so I can't use it while I'm in school because I just don't have the self control to use and still tend to my studies, haha.

It looks like you have an addiction. Why don't you ellaborate on this on the Methoxetamine adiction subthread. It would be really helpful there!

^An addict that vehemently denies having an addiction? That's unheard of. Watching you desperately try to rationalize your usage is painful to me because I've been there. You're contradicting yourself left and right.

using it instead of doing homework, but that lasted only a couple weeks before I cut my losses and stopped.
I haven't gotten close to that since then
Right now I'm on summer break so I find myself...using regularly

Just quit the day before yesterday

LOL, and how many times have you "quit" so far? And why would you bother quitting (a word that implies finality) if the drug isn't problematic for you? Yeah dude, I don't have a problem with opiates either - I quit using every day! Draw a parallel between that, not alcohol. So you're not an alcoholic and can put down the bottle at will. Goodie for you. I'm not addicted to every drug on earth either, what does that have to do with it?

Take care of yourself man.

I found plugging lasted really short and even with higher doses I couldn't fully hole out like I can with snorting.

Any one else experienced this?

Also got pins and needles in my toes towards the end, after a miny little binge. 200mg or so

This may smack of laziness, but I want to cross post something I wrote in the Big&Dandy that I think is appropriate here:

I'm well familiar with [mania and delusions of grandeur] after experimenting with extensive amounts of various 2Cs, but MXE is so convincing in a way it actually took me a day or two before I saw it for what it was. It's more than a little frightening how far gone you can get with this stuff before realizing it. And it's even more scary that the effects seem to persist for days afterward to a small extent.

It's been four days since I've ingested any MXE (or any drug at all), and I still feel manic and with an inflated sense of self-worth. The confidence is nice and all, but I feel like I can't shut up and this is the polar opposite of my typical personality.

I've come to the conclusion that this is an incredibly long lasting drug. I still feel it in my system nearly a week afterward after using it for three days in a row. I've never experienced this with any other drug with the exception of SSRIs. I'm not referring to just the mental aspect; I also retain a distinct opiate buzz that's not exactly subtle (nor altogether unpleasant, tbh). It is disconcerting however that this drug maintains its grip after four nights of abstinence, good rest, and good nutrition.

...NMDA antagonism (also at the PCP receptor site) for the main dissociative effect, [potential] mu opioid agonism, sigma receptor for very derealized or bizarre experiences, and also dopamine (D2) agonism..
yes, the truth is, this thing acts all over the spectrum.

'tis a complex thing, and i wonder how i am re-routing my head whenever i'm using it =D

turn "wow i'm a stallion i could get better" into "wow i'm a stallion this girl is incredibly lucky" if that type of thing ever gets to be a problem in the future =p

I dumped a girl after using some MXE and gaining the confidence to do so.

She was a crazy bitch and causing me a lot of anxiety and depression. Much happier now!