• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Methadone or suboxone while kicking off of 140mg oxycodone/day?

Hi, this is my first post here. I am new and need to find my way. If I post this in the wrong place then I will happy correct it!

Past year I have used oxycodone recreationaly 2/3 times per week. When I use I normally start with 30-40mg and then take an extra 5mg tab every 30 minutes, up to 100mg total for that day. I mainly use around the weekend, not during work and I never really experienced any withdrawals.

Three weeks ago I got a flu and noticed that if I take a high dose of oxycodone in the night, most of the symptoms went decreased significantly (such as heavily congested nose) till the next day afternoon. I was able to sleep and go to work the next day. When I returned home, I took oxy again. I planned on doing this until the flu was gone. I bumped up the dose to 120-140mg per day in the following two weeks which I had never done before. 2 and a half weeks later, the flu was gone and I stopped taking oxy. After two days I started feeling withdrawals like sweating, my eyes sometimes started tearing and a very lethargic feeling and together with feelings of discomfort. Not really a good state to be able to work in.

I have some methadone laying around (only tried methadone once, and found it similar to oxy). On the second day of withrawal I took about 17.5mg of methadone at 11am and it fixed everything up until the next day 18pm. That night on the third day of withdrawal I felt a little uncomfortable again and decided to take 50mg of oxy. That helped me for another 2 days until I started feeling slightly uncomfortable, but much less than before.

My question is: does methadone prolong the withdrawal if you take it after using oxycodone for a couple of weeks? or could I take it at the minimal dose per day as needed for 3 to 4 days and then stop.
I can maybe also find some suboxone, would that be a better alternative?
Or would it be better to taper off using oxycodone itself? like lower doses in 4 days going 120mg, 60mg, 30mg, 15mg, stop?

Your last option is the best one why get addicted to one substance to stop another

To me methadone is inferior to suboxone in strength id say 16-24mg a day is equal to 140-120mg oxy

Hi,

I've started this thread and successfully used the methadone taper of ( 18, 15, 12, 10, 7, 5, 2mg) as described a few posts back to kick 140mg oxy. Since then I was occasionally using until my vacation. In my vacation I started using heroin (about 200mg (sorting/smoking)) or oxycodone (100-150mg) daily for about 2~3 weeks.

I am fine with it but my vacation is ending and I decided to stop using everything for a full 2 months (no more heroin, oxy, smoking, drinking, or the very occasional speed, coke, meth, etc.), I will also start a new diet and a workout schedule. After those two months, I will gradually pick up drugs again :).

This time I tried tapering down using oxy itself, but that didn't really work as it works super short. I had to take it too frequently and quickly started feeling the downside. It also wasn't nice during the night as you wake up feeling sick.

So since 3 days ago I quit using suboxone, first day I used 5mg sublingual, next day 4, then 3.5. How long of a suboxone taper would you guys suggest?