• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids methadone IV

Injecting Methadone pills can cause collapsed veins, bruising, swelling, and possibly other harmful effects. Methadone pills often contain talc[40][41] that, when injected, produces a swarm of tiny solid particles in the blood, causing numerous minor blood clots. These particles cannot be filtered out before injection, and will accumulate in the body over time, especially in the lungs and eyes, producing various complications such as pulmonary hypertension, an irreversible and progressive disease.[42][43][44] Methadose/Methadone should not be injected either.[45] While it has been done in extremely diluted concentrations, instances of cardiac arrest have been reported as well as damaged veins from sugar and other ingredients (Sugar-Free syrups also should not be injected). Oral medication offers safety, simplicity and represents a step away from injection-based drug abuse in those recovering from addiction. U.S. federal regulations require the oral form in addiction treatment programs.[46]

So as you can see dont inject pills unless you have micron filter if you inject pink at the vary least you want 50% dilution with water but more like 75% if you have week veins obviously 10ml syringe and if you can get that sugar free die free stuff all it is is water citric acid and sodium benzoate its basically an injection solution might want to heat to styralize but its 100% safe to inect that stuff thats probly why thare not giving by the way when i felt that rush i was on lorazipam 1mg diazipam 20mg promethazine and clonidine

Not trying to sound stupid!

I agree... spent 2.5 weeks IV'ing methadone at 40 mg / daily dose as a deviation from my buprenorphine ORT, and it has a wonderful rush, and the rest of the effects last sooooo long... That's what caught me in the loop. Was only supposed to be a three day thing, as I had run out of bupe.

And yeah, I also agree with what was said in the first post - it's a brilliant way to lower doses easier, if one is an IV user anyways. But yeah, the wonders of IV methadone, best kept secret... so better stop posting to this thread ;)

The problem is that people try to inject the oral syrups, which is a NO-GO, DO NOT DO! There is sucrose and other stuff in there which is never ever supposed to go directly in the blood.

But if one has tablets that contain binders, etc. which can be removed by micron filtering, it is very possible to IV methadone, and very, very enjoyable at the least. One could also IV if one has the actual IV solution preparation which can be prescribed or administered at some clinics.

Methadone HCl in itself is not very good on the veins, AFAIK, so solutions should probably be at around 20 mg / 1 ml (or more dilute), for safer injection and less vein damage - can't remember the source that these guidelines came from, sorry. But a quick search on the net about 'IV methadone', and you may find it yourself. People interested need to do a little researching, to find viable information, better suited than the information in this post.

The above notion leaves those that need a whopping load of methadone, like 200 mg and so on, with a hell of a lot of liquid to inject, or a very concentrated solution, which are both undesirable. So as many have said, stear clear of methadone IV for HR reasons, but if you must, take a look around for ways to minimize the damage you are doing to yourself.

To round off, clean solutions of methadone at low doses and at low concentrations, are possible to administer IV with 'little harm', and there IS a rush, and the rush is GOOD.

Okay I am wanting to inject methadone but I don't have a micron filter & want to know the proper way of preparing do i apply heat or don't & If I don't have the appropriate filter I don't wanna fuck it up and not get the rush.
Ps. Please don't be rude or call me stupid last time I asked a question I felt like i got some, rude responses. Questions like this are what bluelight is for right?
Thanks in advance!!

^Haven't been on here posting for ages! But since my original post was quoted recently and I have a solution that helps with HR, I will post.

For starters, look up McGyver micron filter...
I made a modified version of it that gives almost clear solution, even with the big tablets with lots of fillers. I have used it for heroin also, as it is quite efficient in removing fillers when no micron filter is available.

A) FILTERING SYRINGE PREP - Take a large syringe (20ml for example). Remove plunger. Put half a thumb size of well-packed 'hospital'cotton inside the syringe and push it up with tweezers or some other sterile rod for support and pack it well at the tip, while you insert a low-guage needle (e.g. 1"21G) through the cotton (reverse as opposed to attaching the needle to the syringe normally). Leave this needle and cotton be, remove your tweezers or other tool, and re-insert the plunger but not all the way, leaving space to add pill solution, making sure that the hole in the needle is below the cotton inside the syringe.

B) DISSOLUTION SYRINGE PREP - Mix tablets and water in another large syringe and shake until tablets are dissolved properly, ideally using injection water. Stick to the ratio of 10mg methadone:1ml H20, as methadone is caustic. This rules out larger shots, and basically 50mg shots should be the largest dose so long as one has that kind of tolerance, otherwise such a dose is instant death via IV.

C) TRANSFER OF SOLUTION - Attach syringe from step (B) to needle in syringe with cotton from step (A). Make sure that you leave a bit of air-space between syringe hole and needle, and push solution into syringe with cotton but make sure it all goes below the cotton and none is absorbed by cotton (hence the hole in needle needs to be below cotton from steb (B)). The air-space when transferring solution is so as not to create excess pressure inside syringe and push plunger out of filtering syringe, which will make you loose all the solution (learnt the hard way). Make sure the filtering syringe is not tipped and that it is kept upright so pill solution doesn't get into contact with cotton.

D) Leave filter syringe upright, remove needle stuck through cotton and turn right side up and attach to your filter syringe. Put cap on needle for safety and sterility. Once the solution has settled filler at the bottom (contact with plunger) you are ready to filter.

E) Slowly push settled solution up and let the liquid containing the methadone soak the cotton slowly. When you start to see it entering the needle, stop.

F) SHOT SYRINGE - Once step (E) is complete, get your shot syringe and then transfer the solution from filter syringe into it, but taking filter syringe from step (E) and then pushing solution into shot syringe. At this point you may turn the filter syringe upside down and transfer solution into shot syringe holding the shot syringe upright. Squeeze hard to get all the methadone liquid into shot syringe, the cotton in filter syringe should hold back the filler if enough cotton is used.

G) You can open(remove plunger from) the filter syringe while it is still inserted with needle in the shot syringe and add a small amount of water to flush remaining methadone from cotton by returning plunger and pressing liquid through cotton.

H) Remove filter syringe and cap the needle. Add needle to shot syringe with cap. Make sure your solution is clear and with no particles. If not, repeat all steps with new filter syringe.

This is not advisable but for HR purposes it is better than drawing pill solution through cotton from a spoon as is so often done, for those who must shoot methadone pills. Glad I am done with that chapter though.
Remember methadone is caustic to veins in high concentrations. Aim for 10mg:1ml as a minimum. E.g. for a 40mg shot use 4ml of bacteriostatic water.

This method works for all pills with a x HCl/neutral-basic water soluble substance without ER/SR formulation and leaves you with a clear solution if done right. Mods please remove if this is too much info, but it is a good way to filter anything from street heroin to pills, and people will inject no matter what, so figured I would share since a post I took part in years back has resurfaced.

Any HCl formulations (e.g. methadone HCl, or diamorphine HCl/Heroin #4) do not need heat, I repeat DO NOT ADD HEAT TO YOUR METHADONE TABLET SOLUTION.

Last edited: