• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids methadone IV

Yea i know lol... thats why i hadnt posted anyhing since he posted that a year ago ;)

I got in a disagreement with a friend the other day... we were discussing methadone and buprenophine as he (says) he is getting clean... I got clean several years ago and fully support this...

Anyhow... we started talking about methadone... I was an iv user and to get clean I found that injecting my methadone made it possible to use much smaller doses (which worked best for my situation)....

His opinion of that was that "shooting ur methadone is such a waste because you don't get the rush anyway and its shorter acting when ived"

I can respect him havinng a different opinion than me and obviously its different for everyone...

But the real fact of the matter is I'm free of addiction and have been for 4 years.... and he's been talking about it. For longer than that and every time I try to give any advice he tells me I'm wrong lol....

I guesss I don't have a specific question... just venting a bit lol....

How about

Has anyone had similar experiences and how did you deal with it... and what was the end result?...

So is fentanyl and dilaudid and all that... but they all have an iv dosage conversion... whichis sorta my point.... iv methadone is much more potent... which made me able to use it to quit by never running out and having to "sub in" an old standby....

And that's this guys prob... he bangs everything he gets and he thinks he can just taper his oxy scrip.... but he runs out of the month script in. A weeek... so he gets other stuff the rest of the month....

I told him to give methadone a shot.... cuz you learn fast that its a waste to bang a bunch instead of a lil

None anymore... this was years ago... but they were the generic 10mg rectangular mallinckrodt ones...

I just had some oral surgery today... got 25 4mg hydroorphone =D

IMG_20110526_112418.jpg

Im so jealous of those dillys. As for banging methaone.

I'm not going to get on my soap box here but you should think of getting clean and using your methadone the way it SHOULD be used. IVing Dones is just so bad for your body. I don't even know where to begin. Well if your injecting the pills more than likely your ALSO injecting talck, starch, dies that should be no where near your heart. Now I asked my doctor what are the dangers of shooting up. Heres what he told me

Basically, even if your REALLY good at filtering your still getting some particles in that syringe, into your veins. It builds up inside your artery wall for years and years. The first thing you wil notice (as I STARTED too before I quit) is poor circulation. Limbs falling asleep earlier, tingling...things alon those lines. Then paluptations. Finally one day a stroke or heart attack. That's just ONE of the things that can happen.

How bad is a stroke?

I don't want to get TOO personal but I knew someone very close to me who had one. He was a prisoner in his own boy. You cant speak or move. Your can grunt at BEST.

Last edited:
People have mentioned it.. there's really no point in IV'ing methadone and subjecting your veins to unnecessary stress. Methadone has a really high oral BA and provides no rush when injected.. it's not very recreational in my opinion but if your going to take it.. just do it orally.

My opiate use in the past 4 years has consisted of about whats in that picture... plus 6 norcos... lol...

there's no point in shooting methadone, IMO, even when micron'd, you're much better off with oral dosing. been doing methadone a lot lately, the 10mg mallis

One good reason it's not a good idea to IV methadone: pissing becomes nearly impossible when one needs to and wants to (more so than all other many opiates I have tried). Sometimes it flows sporadically (but not like you'll wet you're pants, it'll just be a breeze when it comes down to it), but most of all it requires patience and a hell of a lot of pressure effort.

No fucking joke. I timed myself last night, it took me almost 4 minutes to just get the first stream of many start and stops :! And thats only from 20mg oral.

Listen to everyone here, Methadone liquid or tablet form is horribly bad for you to inject, but hey keep it up and you'll find out the hard way.

To everyone who says methadone has no rush: BULLSHIT!

Methadone has an extremely heavy long lasting rush when injected. If you're missing the rush I bet you are doing something wrong. If you have no opioids in your system and inject methadone it will give a rush that's even heavier than heroin (not as pleasurable though). I've never bothered with pills/liquid though, I had pure hcl powder.

If you are already taking methadone and inject then ofc you will get no rush to speak of since it's so long lasting you probably have too much in your system anyway for it to give any rush.

yeah it may just as well have a rush, but the point is in this topic is that any form of methadone is NOT good to inject, like i said above especially tablet and liquid form.. even micron filtered is still isn't a smart idea.

No offense or anything, but it would be foolish to continue shooting methadone, as everyone else said it's highly bad for you.

hello

hi guys :) my name is marjin i just signed up and was wondering if i can inject methadone i got take aways and the lady put the meth straight from the dispense bottle into my bottle then put a bit of water from the tap into it so theres no syrup or color or anything..... it looks perfectly clear in my needle so would that be cool ive been an opy user for like 3 years now so ive done it all an that nice thoughts and replys would be most helpfull and i thankyou for having the time to read/ reply to me ive enjoyed reading this site for quite awhile now thankyu peeps :) :):D:)

^ Don't inject your oral methadone, it's not worth it for the feeling and it's bad for your veins. There's no need to because if you drink it, it will stop you from being sick. If you want to shoot something, go buy some smack and make it worth it.

Seriously, why would you IV 10mL of anything, let alone methadone, there is no point to shooting methadone. You need to go back to supervised oral dosing, NOW. If you're shooting your methadone your at the wrong dose.

I was using 5ml minimum and 10ml syringes when I was sustaining on morphine, because it would be a waste to put more than 100ml per shot in a 3ml barrel and I needed more because of tolerance.

Deppending on your tolerance u can get rush i found this out whill weening off i was on 5mg oral aday and wanted to get fucked up got rid of h dealers after few days i thought id iv meadthdone just for some releife did 25mg mixed with 2.5ml of distilled watter in 10ml syringe 27 gauge needle and man when i got half way down i felt a giant opioid rush come over me then i finished pulled out of my vien and i started talking to myself mygod i canot beleive the rush the euphoria everything about it was better than h the damn rush lasted 15 to 20 mins blew my mind now im totally clean and iv got a bunch of extra and ill iv 15mg itlee put me out rush is almost like hydromorphone but alot longer i thought id do nothing cuz iv done it befor when i was at 75mg i ived 150 no rush or anything and it took just. As long to kick in weird it was tripen me out

You only can do like week in a row with small or no tolerances then that giant rush starts going away specially with bigger dosses the pharmaknetics are weird with meathadone and can be dangerous iv ing speashly the pink stuff but dillude by half and should be fine now they got that new stuff flavor free sugar free die only ingrediants are purified water citruc acid and sodium benzoate this stuff is 100% safe to inject its almost same formula as iv solution might just have to ajust ph a little bam trust me guys banging meathadone with no tolerance best rush ever i do it like at least 4 times a mounth and doing it at such low doses and only 4 times a mounth dose not effect other opioids ether at 20mg or less meathadone dose not block other opioids peaple that are on 120 200mg a day are stupid becouse methadone platoes at 60-80mg meaning your not gena get more high
Or any more beneficial effects but dose create more bad side effects and deppendence opioid blockage natural piptides and outside opioids pluse blocks other natural feel good chems ur brain produces im a chemist underground and have tested on peaple and rats and studies support the plateau effect in conjunction with other studies my suggestion 10mg evey 6 hours for opiod addition. every 24 hours only worked with bigger dosses. This is why clinics give such big doses becouse they dont wana deal with the problems giving 4 doses a day so they give one big one with bad side effects included. 50-79% of side effects were nagated with dosing of every 6 hours 50-79 difference includes paceblo effect thank you
freehttp://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/image.cfm?type=img&name=methadose-oral-concentrate-3.jpg&setid=808a9d0b-720b-4034-a862-5122ff514608

^^^ First off, methadone has no ceiling effect whatsoever; patients can take hundreds of Meg's per day in some cases. Now for maintenance, I agree, that's bs, but some pain patients with chronic malignant pain, who get to a pony of taking a gram of morphine per day actually need very high doses of methadone.

And dosing methadone 4 times per day is silly; the only time they do that I during induction of pain management, and there is a reason; methadone is MUCH MORE effective, once it ga reaches steady state;prior to this, unless you take a single large dose, methadone is widely distributed across the body, reducing it's effect, and then redistributed a few hours later(from the brain to other tissues) which limits it's duration of action.

However, with chronic dosing, tissues become saturated. Once this happens, a subsequent dose is literally twice as potent, and lasts much longer.

That's why one dose(or sometimes 2) is effective in MMT;

To overcome this, it is sometimes initially given 3-4 times per day to patients, and then eventually reduced to two or 3 doses per day.

It is true that pain patients usually take two or three smaller doses per day; this is partially to avoid side effects, an keep a more consistent plasma level. But there is a very big difference between taking methadone for pain, and using it as Maintenence for opioid addiction; the needs of the patient are different, the doses generally lower, and the patients often times not used to high doses of opioids.

With that said, I don't really agree with doctors splitting an MD dose into 3 equal parts(ie: 20mg TID) as it would be more effective to give two larger doses, with sufficient breakthrough medication, but, ITP...

Right oral meathadones bioavailability is crazy 36 to 100 percent so one day u take 100mg dose you get 36 next day you take 100mg dose and get 100mg well take into acount protein binding but just to make easy i also ived meathadone to get off left me with extra lasted longer to and when your realy low on your dose like 5mg a day do 25mg in one shot rush is better than h and last 20 min camparible to hydromorphone exsept rush is 20 min but dont do big iv doses becouse meathadone has platoe effect ware it only gets you high to a sertain point so no im clean and i iv 15mg every once in awhile best opioid ever if you dont have any tolerance

It dose have ceiling effect for angalgesic and benificial effects it has ya you can take lots more and get some effect but most will just be bad effects i do testing in rats and humans and my studies have proven this true along with other studies done by other peaple

Remember when i say ceiling effect i mean the ceiling effect of the therapeutic medical value shure you can give a higher dosage they do it all the time but since when do we have doctors prescribed things correctly its been proven for opioid addition that you need less meathadone on a 4 times a day basis than a once a day basis by an average of 33-50% in my studies and other studies and with such wild bioavailability 36-100 you can control your blood serum levels and control unwanted side effects iv been on large amounts of opiods 600mg mscontin a day and 180 of oxicodone iv been on meathadone 120 mg for a wile but i found i get to mest up in morning and sick at night i found by dividing my doses into q6h i only needed 40 mg a day instead of 120 and achieving same theriputic effect and in my studies the same thing acurrs takking large amounts of meathadone is a waist iv dedicated 2 years of my life studying this intresting drug and im telling you its maximum theriputic effect is 700mcg to 1mg/kg truout a 24 hour basis perferbly q12r or q6h according to my studies and others. and in some cases its been shown to have less effect at larger doses rats and humans

Last edited:
Sorry for bad grammer have ged im a pharmisist drop out iv got a bachelor's in chemistry but now have become an underground chemist not for the drug guys are government but becouse im i know i can do more good by myself i all types of recearch on latest stuff or things that intest me like opioids for antidepressants antianxi by polor ptsd and other things at different doses and with diffent types of opiods you can treat a wide variety of ilnesses with vary little to no side effects compared to these other pharmaceutical drugs used to treat the same thing and with proper usage thare is little to no withdrawl or deppendence patients should be free off pain without feeling drowsy but yes when you abuse opioids you do withdrawl and develop tollerance. But thare are no set doses on opioids like morphine thares been peaple that have been prescribed 8000mg morphine a day 8 grams or more 2000mg q6h and the report said the patient was able to go to work and had no drowsiness even had to take extra at night not all paeple are the same and i find that meathadone effects peaple differently the most out of all common opioids vary vary intresting drugs but iv somwhat moved on to the rc thing becouse of the recent deaths hard to purcure a pure sample tho and a reliable source to test substances

Remember this is nothing personal just what 2 years of testing on me rats and my freinds have concluded and remember wether your taking 80mg q24h or q6h its still 80mg in 24h period the problem patients were having with one big dose is they coplained it wore off befor thare next dose i converted them 2 15mg q6h and premature ware off was nagated in all 3 volennterrs using 20% less meathadone patients said they felt mor stable tru day and blood surum levels concluded they did not fall bellow critical point at night when thare meds would ushaly be wareing off and falling bellow critical point and in morning blood serum levels were not going above critical point as in one dose sanarios the point is that you want to keep you opiods levles in your body stable as possible not getting fucked the fucked up in the morning when you take 160 and sick by your next dose you want feel the same all the time. and speashly when your at lowwer doses of meathadone you need split dosing half life decreases with dose decrease even says it on the recomended section on manufacturers box ya ill give you this if you take 120mg pluse itle hold you 24 h ya but why when you can take 15 or 20 q6r and achieving same thing with less dependence side effects all that now this is for the majority meadthdone is different for everyone iv seen peaple held on 50mg for 48 hours and theyve been on for years so ya meathadone is weird but in general iv been able to achieve same effects with 40 % less meathadone with q6h

Overveiw one large dose can hold for 24 hours dose stop peaple from using other opioids do to blockade effect at higher doses helps division of the drug to illicit uses and cuts costs down for clinics thats why they do it and ease but one large dose of meathadone creates exsteame ups and downs of blood serum levels specially with its wild bio of 36% to 100% oral leading to unwanted side effects and makes it almost impossible to ween off due to lessoned half life with lessoned dosses its just all ease of operation and cost effectiveness yes it keeps them from getting high but is it werth the side effects just like the suboxone the naltraxone has all the side effects is it worth it mabie