• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone -> How To?

My first day...without you in my life... things felt strange...a bit deranged
Even so...I hope you're doing okk...take it slow cause you just never know

My systems caught in conniption...my stomachs in knots...phening for my medicine

Overcoming addiction...first step is quittin, nah the first steps admittin
I got a problem...I need help... this is something I can't beat myself

I almost felt like I can't be cured
Rehab won't take me cuz I ain't insured

I am layin in the bath tub... shakin like a new born
Searching for the courage it'll take for me to move on

I've been livin life like this waayyyy too longgggg
Beggin God please bring me home!!

I stopped before... three or four days
Always end up back in the same place

People call me a junkie....dope fiend
How they gonna judge me?

They don't even know me

Lights off....just leave me alone... Im tryin to enjoy the methodone

That's what Haystack has to say about it^^^^

I being silly now but my first post about it was sincere

Do you mind if I ask you how many milligrams is in the bottle? And roughly how much black tar you've been using and for how long. I can give you my opinion based on being a graduate of the methadone program alumnus in good standing
Been just smoking Blk for a couple weeks. I go on and off. I love the stuff, but have to work, of course, and can't travel with all this shit. I also have subs. A lot of them. I have two bottles of 49mg methadone. Hoping to use that to taper off of the blk and make sure I don't have wds. Or should I just wait for that wd, and use the subs? What would y'all recommend? Thanks for responding!

Shit. I knew this one wasn't going to be simple at all, yet I still clicked anyway, now I'm stuck by principle to respond. Damn you OP. Damn you straight to hell.

@Jennn has beaten me to the punch here, by asking the most obvious questions and stating some of the most absolute truths of all of this.

One, that it is not ever "painless" this is not a thing we have developed yet, as a society, on Bluelight or anywhere. We only have ways of softening the blow. Responsiblity, a word I fucking hate, unfrotunately plays a big role, as does discomfort.

Two, we need much more information. Do you have liquid, pills? How much? How much tar were you doing, for how long and by what route? Are you on a schedule? For instance, I was always a:

3 shots a day are my baseline, 4 shots are a cheat day but more or less that is the norm. I have a guy, I have a routine, I have a quality that doesn't fluctuate astronomically.

Help us help you. We need a lot of information and the more information you give us, the better able we can tailor our talents to your benefit.
I've been smoking blk for about two weeks now. I bought two bottles of 49mg methadone, and was gonna use that to try and taper off of everything and avoid any wd. Is that impossible? I also have a ton of Suboxone. Should I just wait for the initial wd and take that instead? I have to work, and travel for work, so ideally I'd like to avoid shitting my pants and being useless. Thanks for answering!

@BnJo

That bit of information fills in a lot of blanks, but another very relevant bit of information, is this your first dalliance with Opioids? Has it literally been just two weeks of Heroin usage? If so, you're not really going to have to deal with a lot in the way of withdrawal symptoms besides some minor influenza-like symptoms.

If this is a relapse and you have been previously dependent upon Opioids then you will likely experience the full suite of symptoms in a fairly potent way. This is known in medical parlance as "The Kindling Effect". Each successive dependency can catch more quickly and each successive episode of withdrawal is often more pronounced. This is the little-known thing that actually hooks many users on Opioids. They can catch a habit way faster than the first one they ever caught and it becomes a cycle of ill-preparation leading to re-addiction.

So, you have about 100mg of Methadone, which is not a significant amount in any way for a user of potent Opioids like Heroin. It's really not enough to effect a proper taper at all. You can surely pad your landing to a certain degree, but a real taper with Morphine by my own opinion would likely be a 7-10 day affair and would look something like:

50mg Day 1

30mg Day 2

Reducing in 5mg increments stepwise based both upon objective reason and your subjective symptoms. This is by no means an easy out man. This is just doing everything in your power to pad the landing. You of course are doing the right thing by preparing as best as you can, but medications are only one part of this. You're going to have to face why you've started using Heroin in the first place and fix those wounds at the same time. Preparation and medication are only meant to put you in a place where you are least bothered by symptoms and best able to come to these conclusions on your own.

There's no way to do a formal taper with 100mg of Methadone, which for reference's sake is about a single daily dose to hold over your everyday Heroin user. It's enough to make a difference, but it's not going to be the major player in your success.

@BnJo

That bit of information fills in a lot of blanks, but another very relevant bit of information, is this your first dalliance with Opioids? Has it literally been just two weeks of Heroin usage? If so, you're not really going to have to deal with a lot in the way of withdrawal symptoms besides some minor influenza-like symptoms.

If this is a relapse and you have been previously dependent upon Opioids then you will likely experience the full suite of symptoms in a fairly potent way. This is known in medical parlance as "The Kindling Effect". Each successive dependency can catch more quickly and each successive episode of withdrawal is often more pronounced. This is the little-known thing that actually hooks many users on Opioids. They can catch a habit way faster than the first one they ever caught and it becomes a cycle of ill-preparation leading to re-addiction.

So, you have about 100mg of Methadone, which is not a significant amount in any way for a user of potent Opioids like Heroin. It's really not enough to effect a proper taper at all. You can surely pad your landing to a certain degree, but a real taper with Morphine by my own opinion would likely be a 7-10 day affair and would look something like:

50mg Day 1

30mg Day 2

Reducing in 5mg increments stepwise based both upon objective reason and your subjective symptoms. This is by no means an easy out man. This is just doing everything in your power to pad the landing. You of course are doing the right thing by preparing as best as you can, but medications are only one part of this. You're going to have to face why you've started using Heroin in the first place and fix those wounds at the same time. Preparation and medication are only meant to put you in a place where you are least bothered by symptoms and best able to come to these conclusions on your own.

There's no way to do a formal taper with 100mg of Methadone, which for reference's sake is about a single daily dose to hold over your everyday Heroin user. It's enough to make a difference, but it's not going to be the major player in your success.
I've been on and off for quite a while. I usually just take one day to feel like utter shit and then switch to Suboxone. Which usually works decently well. I've been on Suboxone for a while, but every now and again I take a lil relapse break and get my Rox off for a week or two. I have to travel for work, so trying to find the best way to make sure I'm good for that. I have about a half G left of black and two bottles of Methadone. Also, I have a ton of Suboxone. What would you recommend. Do the Suboxone thing again, or try and land "softly" via methadone? Thanks for your time, man.

@BnJo

50mg Day 1

30mg Day 2

I have terrible anxiety and it seems to be the only thing that actually helps it. It's like a mental vacation for me of sorts. But I definitely don't want to be on this shit forever. I know I need to just never touch the shit again, but I can't seem to help myself.

@BnJo no thanks required. I do this because we need to be there for each other and it's what I would want done for me and mine.

I think I see what you're up against dude. You're kind of flirting with dope at this point, which is probably the best time to try to disconnect if that's truly what you want to do. It will only get worse the more you flirt with it. I don't really enjoy being so coarse, but I have to be, flirting leads to fucking and we all know this deep down, no matter how we try to deny it.

So you're experienced with Buprenorphine. This is really helpful. I think a good thing for you would be to set your mind to being off of the Heroin. You are going to use your Methadone very sparingly only to ease the worst of your withdrawals.

I understand you are traveling and for that matter, you seem to have obligations driving your need to be functional and I totally understand and have been there. My best advice is, use the Methadone in 10mg increments. You shouldn't have too much trouble eye-balling tenths, but if you want to be thorough, go to the Pharmacy and grab an oral syringe with dosage units. Use this to divide your liquid into more accurate, uniform dosages.

Use the Methadone how you will for 3 days. Think of the golden ratio basically. Reduce in a proportional way over the course of a 3-4 day period. From here, you will begin the process of inducting onto the Buprenorphine. Wait until you are in full withdrawal, at least 48 hours and ideally 72 hours before inducting with Buprenorphine at small dosages

Disclaimer: This guy can only induct following Methadone at such a fast rate because he was not actually dependent upon Methadone (a long-acting Opioid). Methadone was only a small fraction of his usage. Any persone who had been fully dependent upon a long-acting Opioid like Methadone would need to wait at the very least, 3 full days and more likely 5 before inducting with Buprenorphine.

Use really small doses of Buprenorphine. Rip tiny crums off your strip/tablet and place them under your tongue every 15 minutes until you have used approximately 2mg Buprenorphine. Stop here and take stock of how your body is reacting. If you appear to be entering induced withdrawal, immediately cease Buprenorphine and re-attempt 12 hours later.

From here, you can continue using miniscule doses of Buprenorphine until you're ready to quit that and we can help you with that too.

The goal in using these things to pad your landing is to remain functional. Use enough to get some sleep and not completely fall apart, but know that there will be some pain and discomfort involved.

Lol I could have fun in a cardboard box

Be the best damn cardboard box anyone ever seen haha
Me too!! Lol I tell people that all the time and they look at me like I’m lame or some shit and I’m thinking hell if u couldn’t have fun in a cardboard box u must be lame! Lol

I think women are the sexiest between 35 and 45, and when they are just pure nasty sluts in the bedroom!! Lol OMG sooo hot!
I can see how that's true for woman. I feel like men have been trying super hard to get ahold of that pure nasty slut in me. But Ive never completely allowed her out to play because I've been scared of what would happen. It's been building up and ever since I hit 35 its like I am about to explode everywhere lmfaooo

@BnJo no thanks required. I do this because we need to be there for each other and it's what I would want done for me and mine.

I think I see what you're up against dude. You're kind of flirting with dope at this point, which is probably the best time to try to disconnect if that's truly what you want to do. It will only get worse the more you flirt with it. I don't really enjoy being so coarse, but I have to be, flirting leads to fucking and we all know this deep down, no matter how we try to deny it.

So you're experienced with Buprenorphine. This is really helpful. I think a good thing for you would be to set your mind to being off of the Heroin. You are going to use your Methadone very sparingly only to ease the worst of your withdrawals.

I understand you are traveling and for that matter, you seem to have obligations driving your need to be functional and I totally understand and have been there. My best advice is, use the Methadone in 10mg increments. You shouldn't have too much trouble eye-balling tenths, but if you want to be thorough, go to the Pharmacy and grab an oral syringe with dosage units. Use this to divide your liquid into more accurate, uniform dosages.

Use the Methadone how you will for 3 days. Think of the golden ratio basically. Reduce in a proportional way over the course of a 3-4 day period. From here, you will begin the process of inducting onto the Buprenorphine. Wait until you are in full withdrawal, at least 48 hours and ideally 72 hours before inducting with Buprenorphine at small dosages

Disclaimer: This guy can only induct following Methadone at such a fast rate because he was not actually dependent upon Methadone (a long-acting Opioid). Methadone was only a small fraction of his usage. Any persone who had been fully dependent upon a long-acting Opioid like Methadone would need to wait at the very least, 3 full days and more likely 5 before inducting with Buprenorphine.

Use really small doses of Buprenorphine. Rip tiny crums off your strip/tablet and place them under your tongue every 15 minutes until you have used approximately 2mg Buprenorphine. Stop here and take stock of how your body is reacting. If you appear to be entering induced withdrawal, immediately cease Buprenorphine and re-attempt 12 hours later.

From here, you can continue using miniscule doses of Buprenorphine until you're ready to quit that and we can help you with that too.

The goal in using these things to pad your landing is to remain functional. Use enough to get some sleep and not completely fall apart, but know that there will be some pain and discomfort involved.
YOU are just fucking awesome. I always love reading you. Mad respect❤

I can see how that's true for woman. I feel like men have been trying super hard to get ahold of that pure nasty slut in me. But Ive never completely allowed her out to play because I've been scared of what would happen. It's been building up and ever since I hit 35 its like I am about to explode everywhere
Id love to make uou explode!! I am a pussy eating and asshole licking SOB!! If you want to talk I’ll give you my number! I’m a good looking clean guy I promise!

Id love to make uou explode!! I am a pussy eating and asshole licking SOB!! If you want to talk I’ll give you my number! I’m a good looking clean guy I promise!
Haha I walked right into that! I am sorry. I sorta live a very sheltered life so when I step outside of my atmosphere I tend to think out loud too much. After rereading what I posted I realized it was tmi😂

Haha I walked right into that! I am sorry. I sorta live a very sheltered life so when I step outside of my atmosphere I tend to think out loud too much. After rereading what I posted I realized it was tmi😂
Oh well!! I tried! Lol

Where are you from?

So, I'm trying to get off of blk right now, and I have a bottle of methadone. I'm not entirely sure how this works, but I usually wait for w/d symptoms and use Suboxone, and I know that's not the case with methadone. I got it so I would feel zero w/d and I could just get off of all this stuff. What is the best way to do this? How do I start and how do I taper off and get to the other side of this stuff? Any help is mucho appreciated.
It's a strong opiate but it's still just an opiate, so yes you would do good to taper off it before quitting and methadone e is designed for this I think also one tip I will give you is when dosing the methadone wait until your actually starting to feel ill before you take it because you it will work a lot better and longer in the long run and you will get more relief I do not recommend combing it with heroin(I assume your on heroin if your taking methadone) but if you take methadone and heroin(which you shouldn't do btw for many reasonsif your using heroin you should, if possible save your methadone for when you run out of H)together always take the heroin first for best efficiency you shouldn't be doing this though I only use them together if I have no choice and if that's the case I usually just have a nice big smoke at night have a nice few nods until I'm all out (I do sometimes save a bit for the morning before I go chemist though)so then I have no choice but to take methadone for a few days.

using methadone and heroin together is dangerous and can fuck up your tolerance I use them both but always try to make sure I'm only take one or the other never both of them unless I'm going on a long train ride which I did do once btw next train was an hour so I went kfc had a nice smoke got myself a mini fillet and oreo krush em and just watched YouTube vids for the rest of the journey number good times.

Get a room you guys. It's a great convo but wayyyy off topic.

The pussy eating and asshole licking belong in SLR. C'mon peeps. Get back to the methadone problems.

Thanks !

Get a room you guys. It's a great convo but wayyyy off topic.

The pussy eating and asshole licking belong in SLR. C'mon peeps. Get back to the methadone problems.

Thanks !
Only you can talk to me like and it still be hilarious😂

My bad. I am sorry. We got wayyyyyy off track

Addiction to methadone is way worse than to morphine. That's all I wanted to say. Of course it's a godsend for many people but most of them would be better off taking time released morphine and even that fucked me up (my hormone levels and body shape).
We have programs with time-released morphine.Two times been there.Capsules wich are for po only.But so quickly can prepare clear liquid morphine from them and nobody takes them oral.That a tricky part with that morphine sulfate.In term of substitution both have pros and cons