• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone -> How To?

BnJo

Greenlighter
So, I'm trying to get off of blk right now, and I have a bottle of methadone. I'm not entirely sure how this works, but I usually wait for w/d symptoms and use Suboxone, and I know that's not the case with methadone. I got it so I would feel zero w/d and I could just get off of all this stuff. What is the best way to do this? How do I start and how do I taper off and get to the other side of this stuff? Any help is mucho appreciated.

So, I'm trying to get off of blk right now, and I have a bottle of methadone. I'm not entirely sure how this works, but I usually wait for w/d symptoms and use Suboxone, and I know that's not the case with methadone. I got it so I would feel zero w/d and I could just get off of all this stuff. What is the best way to do this? How do I start and how do I taper off and get to the other side of this stuff? Any help is mucho appreciated.
Do you mind if I ask you how many milligrams is in the bottle? And roughly how much black tar you've been using and for how long. I can give you my opinion based on being a graduate of the methadone program alumnus in good standing

a methadone taper won't be painless. Nothing is painless but it can help a bit or drag it out. Depends on your habit and amount of methadone you have.

Shit. I knew this one wasn't going to be simple at all, yet I still clicked anyway, now I'm stuck by principle to respond. Damn you OP. Damn you straight to hell.

@Jennn has beaten me to the punch here, by asking the most obvious questions and stating some of the most absolute truths of all of this.

One, that it is not ever "painless" this is not a thing we have developed yet, as a society, on Bluelight or anywhere. We only have ways of softening the blow. Responsiblity, a word I fucking hate, unfrotunately plays a big role, as does discomfort.

Two, we need much more information. Do you have liquid, pills? How much? How much tar were you doing, for how long and by what route? Are you on a schedule? For instance, I was always a:

3 shots a day are my baseline, 4 shots are a cheat day but more or less that is the norm. I have a guy, I have a routine, I have a quality that doesn't fluctuate astronomically.

Help us help you. We need a lot of information and the more information you give us, the better able we can tailor our talents to your benefit.

It’s hard to get off of a substances if the cure is just as bad
if you include methadone into your tapering plans be prepared to be in for the long haul,

One, that it is not ever "painless" this is not a thing we have developed yet, as a society, on Bluelight or anywhere. We only have ways of softening the blow. Responsiblity, a word I fucking hate, unfrotunately plays a big role, as does discomfort.
All of us on this place have a problematic relationship w that word.

Two, we need much more information. Do you have liquid, pills? How much? How much tar were you doing, for how long and by what route? Are you on a schedule? For instance, I was always a:

3 shots a day are my baseline, 4 shots are a cheat day but more or less that is the norm. I have a guy, I have a routine, I have a quality that doesn't fluctuate astronomically.

Help us help you. We need a lot of information and the more information you give us, the better able we can tailor our talents to your benefit.
☝️this

It’s hard to get off of a substances if the cure is just as bad

if you include methadone into your tapering plans be prepared to be in for the long haul,
It's never been claimed to be a cure. But if you have the willingness which makes all the difference it is very good to have a small amount of.

The willingness will lead to responsibility and cutting a deal with yourself: you're going to suffer but not unduly...you're only going to take 5-10mg of methadone and being honest with yourself only when you really really need it. That is to say if you're simply Restless or irritable you haven't reached the point where you should take it and you should probably go for a walk instead and smoke a cigarette.

Given them half life of that a bottle of 80 mg will give you 7 to 10 days detox with little or no major suffering.

It's never been claimed to be a cure. But if you have the willingness which makes all the difference it is very good to have a small amount of.

The willingness will lead to responsibility and cutting a deal with yourself: you're going to suffer but not unduly...you're only going to take 5-10mg of methadone and being honest with yourself only when you really really need it. That is to say if you're simply Restless or irritable you haven't reached the point where you should take it and you should probably go for a walk instead and smoke a cigarette.

Given them half life of that a bottle of 80 mg will give you 7 to 10 days detox with little or no major suffering.
A lot of folks ( including the OP ) think it’s a cure , “got it so I would feel zero w/d” << (every junkies fantasy)
I always looked at methadone as a substitute the government legalized to get people off the streets shootin dope, you we’re still a junkie it’s just now you handed your couple of bucks to the State instead of Flaco , you are more controllable reporting for your daily dose , and you will be there faithfully everyday ,just the way big brother wants you too .
Where was a 80 mg bottle mentioned, I missed that ?

A lot of folks ( including the OP ) think it’s a cure , “got it so I would feel zero w/d” << (every junkies fantasy)
I always looked at methadone as a substitute the government legalized to get people off the streets shootin dope, you we’re still a junkie it’s just know you handed your couple of bucks to the State instead of Flaco , you were more controllable reporting for your daily dose , and you will be there faithfully everyday .
Where was a 80 mg bottle mentioned, I missed that ?
Dude you know Flaco? Tell him I said hi.

I just took that as an average amount. That would be plenty to administer your own taper and reduction off the hard stuff it doesn't matter really whether or not you get totally clean.

The point is you stop taking a huge risk every time you inject and you open up choices for yourself including whether or not to go back to the same old same old, go straight, drink beers, become a born-again Christian or a sponsor in AA, or else you can always :boof:

Last edited:
Methadone isn't "evil". Drugs aren't "evil". They just are. They do a certain thing at a certain dose, and people take them for various purposes. Methadone has helped millions of people get off of dope and stay off.

Some people stay on it for a while, but staying on a dope habit god forbid an IV one is playing russian roulette every day, especially these days. Methadone doesn't present nearly the same risk.

Addiction to methadone is way worse than to morphine. That's all I wanted to say. Of course it's a godsend for many people but most of them would be better off taking time released morphine and even that fucked me up (my hormone levels and body shape).

Addiction to methadone is way worse than to morphine. That's all I wanted to say. Of course it's a godsend for many people but most of them would be better off taking time released morphine and even that fucked me up (my hormone levels and body shape).
Sure, but that's not available in any realistic capacity for most people.

Dude you know Flaco? Tell him I said hi.

I just took that as an average amount. That would be plenty to administer your own taper and reduction off the hard stuff it doesn't matter really whether or not you get totally clean.

The point is you stop taking a huge risk every time you inject and you open up choices for yourself including whether or not to go back to the same old same old, go straight, drink beers, become a born-again Christian or a sponsor in AA, or else you can always :boof:
I gotcha,
I said this years ago when I first found out what methadone withdrawal felt like , “ Kicking heroin is like a walk in the park on a sunny day compared to kicking a methadone habit.” Methadone and benzo withdrawal I’ll never go thru again, I learned my lesson.

I’m sure it could work if dispensed accurately and not by the person taking it, I think 5-10 mg might work if you have a very,very,small habit but I think you’ll be sick as fuck anyways with such a small dose.I could see 25 mg first day and dropping 5 mg everyday after that,throw some benzos in the mix too,you’ll need them.

I gotcha,
I said this years ago when I first found out what methadone withdrawal felt like , “ Kicking heroin is like a walk in the park on a sunny day compared to kicking a methadone habit.” Methadone and benzo withdrawal I’ll never go thru again, I learned my lesson.

I’m sure it could work if dispensed accurately and not by the person taking it, I think 5-10 mg might work if you have a very,very,small habit but I think you’ll be sick as fuck anyways with such a small dose.I could see 25 mg first day and dropping 5 mg everyday after that,throw some benzos in the mix too,you’ll need them.
That's a good idea. 25 + 20 + 15 + 10 + 5 equals 75. With that bonus 5 left over. The point is that the half- life is really going to help you so I don't even think it's such a big deal to take it with just a slight taper or no taper. Although I probably feel that way more about suboxone 4 very short term detox <10 days which is really like 2 weeks+ because it sticks around for another 4 days minimum and staves off the worst of it

Methadone withdrawal is no joke. With other opiates its usually around day three when it starts kicking your ass. With methadone it really kicked in on day 6 for me. I was inpatient in a recovery center. My blood pressure was 190/120. They started a med drip IV. I woke up two weeks later in Vanderbuilt in Nashville after having a stroke. It took 4 months of intensive physical therapy before I got to go home. But I didnt taper properly. Methadone didnt work well for me like suboxone has. The first time I took it was for maintenance but it was actually the best high of my life. I was taking my dose plus everyones elses. I was still chasing that dragon....wanting more, more and more. I think methadone gets into your system more...like your bone marrow. Tbh my joints have never been the same. This is just my experience tho. I've heard other success stories involving methadone that saved peoples lives. Everyones battle with addiction is gonna be different. So will their recovery be. Its about whatever works for that individual to make it possible for them to gain some stability and quality back in their life.

Dissociatives are the painless option. You don't want to be hooked on methadone, that stuff is evil. Like 5-10x worse than morphine.

Dissociative s are not a painless option. There is no painless option. The closest to painless is a slow methadone or sub taper and they are not completely painless. methadone is not evil. I just went back on it to stop street fentanyl so it's actually saving my life. I have w/d from pills methadone fentanyl and heroin in my 10+ years and methadone was the least painful w/d, just drawn out but not as intense

Dissociatives are able to push opioid tolerance down, effectively treating PAWS. How do you mean they're not painless? Of course one gets a slight dissociative trip but because one is, well, dissociated it doesn't matter that much. Morphine gives me withdrawal starting at T+48h - diarrhea. general malaise etc.. Methadone w/d starts earlier and is much more heavy I shouldn't have used the word 'evil', you guys are right, it's just a substance and one which saves lives.

Methadone withdrawal is no joke. With other opiates its usually around day three when it starts kicking your ass. With methadone it really kicked in on day 6 for me. I was inpatient in a recovery center. My blood pressure was 190/120. They started a med drip IV. I woke up two weeks later in Vanderbuilt in Nashville after having a stroke. It took 4 months of intensive physical therapy before I got to go home. But I didnt taper properly. Methadone didnt work well for me like suboxone has. The first time I took it was for maintenance but it was actually the best high of my life. I was taking my dose plus everyones elses. I was still chasing that dragon....wanting more, more and more. I think methadone gets into your system more...like your bone marrow. Tbh my joints have never been the same. This is just my experience tho. I've heard other success stories involving methadone that saved peoples lives. Everyones battle with addiction is gonna be different. So will their recovery be. Its about whatever works for that individual to make it possible for them to gain some stability and quality back in their life.
Hi Kelsee. 😀