• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methadone -> How To?

Get a room you guys. It's a great convo but wayyyy off topic.

The pussy eating and asshole licking belong in SLR. C'mon peeps. Get back to the methadone problems.

Thanks !
Better to get a booth at Marie Callenders 😃

So, I'm trying to get off of blk right now, and I have a bottle of methadone. I'm not entirely sure how this works, but I usually wait for w/d symptoms and use Suboxone, and I know that's not the case with methadone. I got it so I would feel zero w/d and I could just get off of all this stuff. What is the best way to do this? How do I start and how do I taper off and get to the other side of this stuff? Any help is mucho appreciated.
I dont know which be the better choise in your situation.More experience only with methadone.It could be a succesful maintenance or more rapid detox from other.But is a strong opioid.Full mu agonist and supposedly more euphorical.Sub supress not much breathing-so its safer.Both addictive...but trt to use or start always with low doses and avoid other substances at least in beginning

Tennessee. Yes I am as country as cornbread. But I can stomp your ass but then I will bring you a casserole 😂 I am not rude like that
Oh cool I’m from Kentucky! Actually I only live twenty minutes from Tennessee right on I-75

We have programs with time-released morphine.Two times been there.Capsules wich are for po only.But so quickly can prepare clear liquid morphine from them and nobody takes them oral.That a tricky part with that morphine sulfate.In term of substitution both have pros and cons
Yeah I know it's easy to extract the morphine and people inject the stuff. Never did that but intranasal is nice too.

Do you mind if I ask you how many milligrams is in the bottle? And roughly how much black tar you've been using and for how long. I can give you my opinion based on being a graduate of the methadone program alumnus in good standing
Do you mind me asking how many days you suffered for during withdrawal? That's if you managed to stay off methadone? I'm currently tapering I'm at 6ml from 90 been tapering over 1.5 year time span so slowish and struggling now I'm under 10

Do you mind me asking how many days you suffered for during withdrawal? That's if you managed to stay off methadone? I'm currently tapering I'm at 6ml from 90 been tapering over 1.5 year time span so slowish and struggling now I'm under 10
I got down to around 25 mg which is the same as ml I believe in the British system and then I stopped altogether and took Suboxone for a couple days which was fairly new at the time and I didn't like but I was also withdrawing from other drugs like benzos which put me in the hospital as a danger to myself or others, and frankly I was too out of it to know what they gave me besides lorazepam in a very small dose.

I would say you are at the exact point when you need to get off methadone and I don't know if Suboxone is offered in your country but it would be perfect especially if you have the will and have matured out of your predicament.

Here is a post I did about using Suboxone for a short-term detox like hitting the reset button on your receptor sites.

Since buprenorphine stays in your system so long the average Half-Life is something on the order of 60 or 70 hours you can take it for a week and in all practicality it's like taking it for close to 2 weeks.

The Suboxone equivalent of what you're on would be probably 2mg / .5mg because it's so potent in terms of grabbing onto receptors...
You could literally be 2 weeks away from having to take nothing besides over the counter remedies

I have to find that thread so I'll post it in a little bit

I added more lower down in the thread when I had to learn more about example initiating you're Suboxone in divided doses to avoid precipitating withdrawal symptoms which on your dose is less of a concern but you still want to do that. The bigger issue is avoiding taking too much Suboxone because the buprenorphine will be heavily sedated you can wind up nodding out and it would be counterproductive to have that much Suboxone in your system since you want to be able to transition from Methadone to being clean rather than pick up a new habit. Godspeed

I got down to around 25 mg which is the same as ml I believe in the British system and then I stopped altogether and took Suboxone for a couple days which was fairly new at the time and I didn't like but I was also withdrawing from other drugs like benzos which put me in the hospital as a danger to myself or others, and frankly I was too out of it to know what they gave me besides lorazepam in a very small dose.

I would say you are at the exact point when you need to get off methadone and I don't know if Suboxone is offered in your country but it would be perfect especially if you have the will and have matured out of your predicament.

Here is a post I did about using Suboxone for a short-term detox like hitting the reset button on your receptor sites.

Since buprenorphine stays in your system so long the average Half-Life is something on the order of 60 or 70 hours you can take it for a week and in all practicality it's like taking it for close to 2 weeks.

The Suboxone equivalent of what you're on would be probably 2mg / .5mg because it's so potent in terms of grabbing onto receptors...
You could literally be 2 weeks away from having to take nothing besides over the counter remedies

I have to find that thread so I'll post it in a little bit
Thankyou for your response I'm hesitant to even touch suboxone because I've been through the withdrawal off that years ago and I came off after a steady taper and I came of at 0.1 micro grams the smallest dose and it was horrific I've got ptsd from how bad it was and I never expected it because I didn't feel anything when reducing until I stopped eventually. Maybe as you only did a couple days on it that it wasn't so bad. That's the only reason I chose methadone this time around in the hopes it wouldn't be the same

Thankyou for your response I'm hesitant to even touch suboxone because I've been through the withdrawal off that years ago and I came off after a steady taper and I came of at 0.1 micro grams the smallest dose and it was horrific I've got ptsd from how bad it was and I never expected it because I didn't feel anything when reducing until I stopped eventually. Maybe as you only did a couple days on it that it wasn't so bad. That's the only reason I chose methadone this time around in the hopes it wouldn't be the same
I hear you. Keep tapering and add in Clonidine and perhaps if you can get it utilize Kratom at some point

I hear you. Keep tapering and add in Clonidine and perhaps if you can get it utilize Kratom at some point
Thankyou! I will try see if I can get prescribed clonidine. Not sure how common practise it is in the UK to get that but I'm hoping I can get some help for the restless legs as that's my worst withdrawal symtom. Also I've posted asking for anyones experience of methadone withdrawal who successfully managed to stay off and no response since last week is there any tags I can add so more people can see the post and hopefully provide some experience input? I am new to this site in terms of posting I've only ever used to be a silent reader so not sure if I've done it wrong. You can find my post under methadone withdrawal

This is an old thread but does anyone know how bad a week of taking 20-30mg methadone is going to be to get off of?

I foolishly took it bc I ran out of my oxycodone script early and I was a wuss with the cold. I feel so stupid.

The oxycodone script will be filled again on Wednesday.

I have plenty of Lyrica, Valium and clonidine as well. I also have suboxone but really don’t want to use it.

Can I survive this?

I don’t want to be on the methadone any longer. The longer I’m on it - even if it’s just to taper down - the more the half life’s stack up. The more tolerance to it I’ll develop etc.

Is this doable? I plan on using Lyrica and other comfort drugs as well as taking oxycodone as needed to help with the wd.

Please provide advice. I started another thread and haven’t heard much on it. I obviously want to proceed doing the best method from the start instead of messing around for a week on something that isn’t working.

Thanks.

Last edited:
This is an old thread but does anyone know how bad a week of taking 20-30mg methadone is going to be to get off of?

I foolishly took it bc I ran out of my oxycodone script early and I was a wuss with the cold. I feel so stupid.

I have plenty of Lyrica, Valium and clonidine as well. I also have suboxone but really don’t want to use it.

Can I survive this?

I don’t want to be on the methadone any longer. The longer I’m on it - even if it’s just to taper down - the more the half life’s stack up. The more tolerance to it I’ll develop etc.

Is this doable? I plan on using Lyrica and other comfort drugs as well as taking oxycodone as needed to help with the wd.

Please provide advice. I started another thread and haven’t heard much on it. I obviously want to proceed doing the best method from the start instead of messing around for a week on something that isn’t working.

Thanks.
Everybody is different, but if it's just a one off week, and you normally don't go through opioid withdrawals, you should be fine. 20-30mg is not very much.

Can I survive this?

Thanks.
You are worrying too much friends as @deficiT said 20-30mg of methadone for a week isn’t a big deal…especially if you have oxy on board.

If you are RXd the lyrica just take it as you would normally…if you have RLS it will help or anxiety but may not be necessary for such a minor binge.