• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Stimulants Meth purity in the US over time, what's your experience? (Poll)

In your anecdotal experience, has meth become better or worse in the last 10-20 years?

• Meth is better and more pure than ever compared to the past

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Meth feels different, has a worse high or more side effects compared to the past

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Meth is worse now, less pure

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • It's different every time, hard to say

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Other (please explain in post)

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
Used ice infrequently since around 2013. Back in the gat It was much stronger I think but also more sides. Maybe around 2016 I started hearing about "sleepy dope" aka N-Iso, chalked it up to these tweakers ( my good friends ) who have been up for literal weeks. I had some experience overseas on the east side of earth, dope was pretty good but not the best and also cost like >price< a point. (hope this is vague enough @mods??) Now what im currently getting in the Southwest seems very weak but the sides arent so severe at all. Back when I was first introduced to ice I think I would stay up for atleast 3 days anytime I used. Now I'm sleeping everynight, can eat (appetite previously was non existant / could barely force myself to eat fruit) I voted other, anyone else feel this way? I'm pretty sure that currently they get better but more expensive shit back east (in TX/ the south)

Last edited by a moderator:
Used ice infrequently since around 2013. Back in the gat It was much stronger I think but also more sides. Maybe around 2016 I started hearing about "sleepy dope" aka N-Iso, chalked it up to these tweakers ( my good friends ) who have been up for literal weeks. I had some experience overseas on the east side of earth, dope was pretty good but not the best and also cost like >price< a point. (hope this is vague enough @mods??) Now what im currently getting in the Southwest seems very weak but the sides arent so severe at all. Back when I was first introduced to ice I think I would stay up for atleast 3 days anytime I used. Now I'm sleeping everynight, can eat (appetite previously was non existant / could barely force myself to eat fruit) I voted other, anyone else feel this way? I'm pretty sure that currently they get better but more expensive shit back east (in TX/ the south)
Not vague enough. Price edited out as per Posting Rules at the top of the page.

No - it's very easy, it's just slow. You can even produce large crystals of racemic methamphetamine. It's simply a matter of producing a saturated solution of the product and VERY SLOWLY cooling it.

It's the fact that it takes days to weeks of slow cooling that means people don't go to that much trouble. After all, it takes lots of assets (time, space, refrigeration equipment).
It’s actually not simply a matter of cooling it slowly, it takes understanding the concept. Cooling it slowly means absolutely nothing if you don’t actually understand the process to achieve the results. Claiming it’s simply a matter of slow cooling demonstrates that lack of understanding. It’s not hard to simply form crystals when you get the hang of it but producing large uniform crystals is a bear. For a first timer, I think setting realistic expectations will save a lot of frustration and confusion when they don’t get easy large crystals let alone crystals at all. It takes repeated exposure and attempts to fully appreciate the process.

Making a solution and crashing precipitate is easy. IF you have a pure sample, crashing it out of solution is easier. Trial and error will get you to the point of knowing how much solvent(s) to use but that will vary by batch as well as solvents being used if more than one (one to form solute with gear and one that is insoluble with gear to carry impurities). Any contamination/cuts, especially one that co crystallizes but even with 2 separate compounds, you won’t know which is which by visual inspection. Even more difficult if you end up with 2 compounds in 1 crystal. How rigid the compounds are will absolutely affect your end result. While any disturbance will always negatively impact growth, and can cause the seed crystals to break.

Growing large crystals that are all uniform and similar in shape and size is difficult. Moreover since single crystals exhibit those traits, anything that looks like 2 pieces “glued” or adhered together with little to no uniformity would likely benefit from washing and ReXing at least one cycle of each but it doesn’t hurt to do more. Each ReX is potentially squeezing more impurities out and into solution. It doesn’t take a lot of assets either, it requires a controlled environment. An ice water bath will suffice after solution reaches room temp and saves you from walking with your solution to the cooling source and you don’t have to worry about disturbing the growth by opening a door on a refrigerator/freezer

Do a melting point analysis on the original and after each purification process and record any disparities. Melting point should be narrower and closer to the expected tempe each successful purification cycle

Last edited:
It’s actually not simply a matter of cooling it slowly, it takes understanding the concept. Cooling it slowly means absolutely nothing if you don’t actually understand the process to achieve the results. Claiming it’s simply a matter of slow cooling demonstrates that lack of understanding. It’s not hard to simply form crystals when you get the hang of it but producing large uniform crystals is a bear. For a first timer, I think setting realistic expectations will save a lot of frustration and confusion when they don’t get easy large crystals let alone crystals at all. It takes repeated exposure and attempts to fully appreciate the process.

Making a solution and crashing precipitate is easy. IF you have a pure sample, crashing it out of solution is easier. Trial and error will get you to the point of knowing how much solvent(s) to use but that will vary by batch as well as solvents being used if more than one (one to form solute with gear and one that is insoluble with gear to carry impurities). Any contamination/cuts, especially one that co crystallizes but even with 2 separate compounds, you won’t know which is which by visual inspection. Even more difficult if you end up with 2 compounds in 1 crystal. How rigid the compounds are will absolutely affect your end result. While any disturbance will always negatively impact growth, and can cause the seed crystals to break.

Growing large crystals that are all uniform and similar in shape and size is difficult. Moreover since single crystals exhibit those traits, anything that looks like 2 pieces “glued” or adhered together with little to no uniformity would likely benefit from washing and ReXing at least one cycle of each but it doesn’t hurt to do more. Each ReX is potentially squeezing more impurities out and into solution. It doesn’t take a lot of assets either, it requires a controlled environment. An ice water bath will suffice after solution reaches room temp and saves you from walking with your solution to the cooling source and you don’t have to worry about disturbing the growth by opening a door on a refrigerator/freezer

Do a melting point analysis on the original and after each purification process and record any disparities. Melting point should be narrower and closer to the expected tempe each successful purification cycle

Oh, I should have been clearer - a CHEMIST would not find it at all problematic. I don't know about cooks.

Given that the precise solubility data of methamphetamine hydrochloride is known as is the melting-point, why would you ever need to GUESS? It's all in the Merck Index. Producing such products is absolutely basic to medicinal chemistry.

I didn't speculate on how one deals with an impure sample handled by the ignorant.

One of the most surprising differences I have experienced is that I can eat. Not always easy, yet more than just occasionally I could get high as hell and sit down and enjoy a meal. Back in the day I had to force feed myself whatever I could muster. I remember gagging down bites of yogurt, bananas, mashed potatoes. When truly truly desperate chugging a glass of milk as fast as I could to beat the gag, insta-retched more than one.

A friend and former large-scale meth producer used to use GHB to offset the stimulant activity of the meth and informed me that he could manage a whole (large) pizza once a day. In fact, the lab was also one of Dominos best customers since for 12 weeks (break in his university studies) they made meth from pseudo in Kg batches twice a day via catalytic hydrogenation.

In his words 'Imagine a hydrogenation unit - you could fit the one YOU would think of inside the ones we used'

He got out - a few close calls but he left the US and to the best of my knowledge is happily married somewhere in Europe.

this is what I know.
The Meth, Ice, glass, whatever from the years 1999-2009 was the strongest and purest ever, Whatever this tina stuff they are selling, burn quick, doesn't last long in high, puts you to sleep faster from comedown and you just are not as focused or horny as you were 20 years ago. Don't know what happened.

I believe during that period the product was pure (S) methamphetamine. The cost of precursors made it more efficient to resolve the isomers and raecemate the (R) methamphetamine and then put it through the resolution step again. More recently I believe the more usable free-radical producing reagents for raecemization have become a bit harder to acquire.

It's hard to know just what is going on more recently as it takes a while for the DEA to publish their findings in case others borrow the techniques.

the biggest surprise is that a ball of Meth used to be $$$ us dollars and now is $$ us dollars. That is the big indicator that we are not getting the same product of the past

Prices removed - skorpio

No, it's competition. The Mexicans are buying P2P from the Baltic nations (ultimately it comes from Russia), methylamine as it's carbonate salt (which, oddly, isn't picked up by the DEA as it's correctly labelled as methylammonium carbonate, it isn't TECHNICALLY a salt of methylamine due to the legal definition of a salt. Methylamine carbonate IS a salt is IS stopped. It's just one of the tricks these makers use.

Then their are various ways to perform the reductive amination but the Mexicans have likely picked up on some tricks that a chemical engineer would spot but a medicinal chemist would not like potassium borohydride being cheaper and the reaction can be run HOTTER because KBH4 (which is much cheaper than NaBH4) has a lower solubility in methanol than NaBH4. Don't forget how hot summer in Mexico is so running at 40℃ means room temperature.

They also have a nice trick so the imine is formed immediately and completely so no NH2CH3 will be boiled off. It is quite simply a 1-pot reaction which is so vital when large scale production is the goal.

When you look at the costs, they can make it for about *NO PRICING * including all solvents and reagents.

They always could, but it's supply and demand.

the biggest surprise is that a ball of Meth used to be $$$ us dollars and now is $$ us dollars. That is the indicator that we are not getting the same product of the past
It’s because it is kinda looks the same but is something completely different. When the Meth labs shut down, about 2005, it started changing. By 2015 people started calling it Nope, not Dope. 2023 Idk what it is?? I came to this site to see if anyone knew what this chemical is.

the biggest surprise is that a ball of Meth used to be $$$ us dollars and now is $$ us dollars. That is the big indicator that we are not getting the same product of the past
I remember when it was $$$ a ball, $$ a gram. Now a ball costs $$ and that’s overpriced. A couple hits off a foil would get you really high for hours.
Now you could smoke a gram, then eat and go to sleep. But it’s not like it’s cut a whole lot. It’s just not the same substance.
The big plus: It was real easy to quit and stay quit.

prices removed - skorpio

No, it's competition. The Mexicans are buying P2P from the Baltic nations (ultimately it comes from Russia), methylamine as it's carbonate salt (which, oddly, isn't picked up by the DEA as it's correctly labelled as methylammonium carbonate, it isn't TECHNICALLY a salt of methylamine due to the legal definition of a salt. Methylamine carbonate IS a salt is IS stopped. It's just one of the tricks these makers use.

Then their are various ways to perform the reductive amination but the Mexicans have likely picked up on some tricks that a chemical engineer would spot but a medicinal chemist would not like potassium borohydride being cheaper and the reaction can be run HOTTER because KBH4 (which is much cheaper than NaBH4) has a lower solubility in methanol than NaBH4. Don't forget how hot summer in Mexico is so running at 40℃ means room temperature.

They also have a nice trick so the imine is formed immediately and completely so no NH2CH3 will be boiled off. It is quite simply a 1-pot reaction which is so vital when large scale production is the goal.

When you look at the costs, they can make it for about *NO PRICING * including all solvents and reagents.

They always could, but it's supply and demand.
What happened to Anhydrous dope?

the biggest surprise is that a ball of Meth used to be $$$ us dollars and now is $$$ us dollars. That is the big indicator that we are not getting the same product of the past
Sorry I said dollar amounts. I’m not advertising, just giving historical info, not meaning to break rules.
I can say, a ball costs less today than a gram use to when it was real Meth. It’s still no bargain cause it is worthless. I don’t know why folks around here still waste money on it.

I chose "other" as I do not think it is even the same product it was say 20-30 yrs ago.
I mean it may very well test 100% pure for meth but I still have half a brain cell and even I know it is not what it was... nothing is maybe.

If you’re using old school P2P precursor meth, that’s likely the best shit you can/will find.

Virtually every route that proceeds via P2P will yield raecemic methamphetamine. Routes that proceed via (pseudo)ephedrine will yield (S) methamphetamine.

It appears that some people prefer the raecemate while others prefer the enantiopure (S) methamphetamine. The latter is certainly a more potent CNS but I note that medically, 75% (S) to 25% (R) amphetamine are used. I don't know exactly why.

I DO know that in Europe and Mexico, raecemic methamphetamine is resolved and the less potent (R) methamphetamine is racemized (to a 50-50 mix of (S) and (R)) and then resolved again... so the 'product' is pure (S) methamphetamine.

Has anyone noticed a sudden 180 regarding the product? All of a sudden over the past month, it seems like the entire local supply has been replaced with amazing product. It's actually been so long since I had it, I forgot what it was actually like! All it took was about 0.2 in my bowl and I was DONEZO. There was no burnt or browned residue (or anything at all) left behind and absolutely no white residue left behind in the stem of the pipe. I would have thought it was a fluke, but I came across it in various situations that were all wildly different as far as the folks in peripheral to it and the assumed source yet it was consistently the same ish.

I ended up having out loud philosohical debates with myself, convinced that my neighbors were outside my window and eavesdropping on me in awe of my brilliance. LOLOL

I've only ever tried essentially pure (S) methamphetamine. A Dutch friend made it legitimately as part of his post-graduate studies. He was only allowed to produce a tiny amount but I found you only NEED a tiny amount.

50mg and we were Running around Amsterdam convinced we were being chased.

I don't see what the attraction is.

Dexamphetamine is actually vastly different to (S) methamphetamine right down to how it's transported into the brain. I don't 'get' methamphetamine. It seems so hugely destructive and appears to rapidly produce stimulant psychosis. My friend ended up back in a psychiatric unit after using meth every 8 hours for 12 days.

He was a lovely guy but he truly believed even my girlfriend and myself were part of a huge conspiracy. He had no money so I gave him a bicycle, I bought him food, I even paid his rent one month. But he openly stated that we were still part of a conspiracy, but we were sent to ensure nobody saw that it WAS a conspiracy.

He's dead. I miss him a lot.