NEMD Metal Up Your Ass! The MetalHeads Thread v.VIVIVI

Never got into much DM. I like Vader though. Their latest album is cool.

^Ha, that is so fucking brilliant. :D:D

Last edited:
^Great Immortal choice there. From what is in their top 3 albums (for me, it goes Pure Holocaust, Battles in the North and then ATHOW. I fucking loved Blizzard Beasts when it came out but it has since become something I'ev not played in probably 10 years. Last time I did, it sounded so shitty).

Anyway, triumphant and positive. I know you're a Tarja fan(boy;)) Nutty but Annette's vox here are good. Poppy but they really fit that era of Nightwish

Fucking Anaal Nathrakh. So ridiculously intense.

Ignite the very air, betrayal burning an atmosphere in flames?? I think that's the chorus.

Walking In The Air was the first Nightwish song I heard. Still gives me chills. Got it on some sampler with Opeth and Katatonia amongst others back in '99. My black metal soul resisted them intially but they are one of my favorite bands. I also love Sleeping Sun off the same album.

I'm actually getting a lot more into the Annette era, short as it was. Her voice is very poptastic but makes the music more accesible. I find operatic vocals really grate on me and quickly. Still, the album Once is their best and its Tarja.

Damn, these guys never fail to impress. Loving the extra electronic components. Vocals are, of course, fuckingbatshit:

Besides that, on a huge Black Sabbath kick right now, mainly the 70's albums. A bit of early Ozzy too:

(Video is blocked in Australia :|)

I thought the recent Metallica album was really good. I hadn't listened to them for years but they got me into metal, thought I should check this album out. Its fucking great IMO.

Love this tune: