NEMD Metal Up Your Ass! The MetalHeads Thread v.VIVIVI

Yikes, sorry for the double post, at least the links I posted are to different songs.

Again sorry, please give a blind man a break.

Somehow clicking around randomly had a YouTube playlist or whatever of Mötley Crüe going on in the background for a while this afternoon; I wouldn't sa I am or have really ever been into them but I was rocking out to it today. Wasn't even paying attention to which songs were playing but I think I'll put some more of their stuff on my playlist now.

nowadays i mostly listen to melvins, more or less only the early stuff, yknow: gluey porch treatment, lysol (the album stewart voegtlin correctly compared to the bloody brilliant blood meridian). haven't listen to much this year, but last year i really enjoyed ares kingdom, magic circle, obsequiae, and satan (love classic nwhbm -- the genre that got me interested in music).

Did I mention the new Moonsorrow album, Jumalten Aika? Because I'm mentioning it. Utterly epic.

This is so poppy but enjoyable. :)

^You gotta put the video codes around the link i.e. [VIDEO] something or other [/VIDEO] or you can use the ADVANCED post function and use the little strip of film icon in the toolbar to insert an embedded video.

Your link seemed busted for me though.

This track is pretty cool:

The other thing is you have to take the "s" out of "https" in some links YouTube will give you. I've fixed yours.

It's been a while since last time I've listened to this album, still fucking amazing.

metal isn't exactly my thing which is to say I don't really know or seek out a lot of it but enjoy a fair bit of what's playing in my friends car or I'm turned on to or whatever but also some shit willl come along I really dig; this was sick as hell I just played it twice once with lyrics on hand ++++ on my play list and a reminder that I gotta expand my genre mind too

Last edited:
Edge of Sanity are pretty well respected in the metal world; I've never gotten hugely into them but respect Dan Swano a shit load. I'm glad to hear of increasing metalness in anyones life. :)

I gotta say, I love this band. Tyr, from the Faroe Islands. Begun as kinda progressive folk metal, with awesome vocals before shifting to a more straight up folk metal style. I dunno, some people wrote them a few years ago after they dropped a lot of the progressive stuff but I think they've gotten better. This album- The Lay of Thrym- is ridiculousy good IMO. I just love the main whale killers vocals. I hear auto-tune but they are truly epic. Here it is:

And, for relaxing, Wardruna. Not metal but something deep and powerful:

Ha Nutty, I was listening to a bit of Alestorm yesterday. I love the main cheesy keyboard riff in Keelhauled. The final breakdown bit of it is awesome...:)

I like this track too:

This is some great folk metal from Russia-ish place:

Psychostick has me ears in their acoustic embraces as I read through the forums.