• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Mescaline Extraction Subthread] d-Limonene Tek

Maybe you need more vinegar. Next time you should probably do a step where you "wash" the limonene mescaline solution with clean water a couple times to remove any water solubles.

Wouldn't that typically be bad? Mescaline is soluble in water isn't it? I would be taking the mescaline out of the d-limonene before I added vinegar...and can't need more vinegar, have added up to 200mL, still cloudy?

EDIT:is it not soluble in water until it's HCL or acetate?

Wouldn't that typically be bad? Mescaline is soluble in water isn't it? I would be taking the mescaline out of the d-limonene before I added vinegar...and can't need more vinegar, have added up to 200mL, still cloudy?

EDIT:is it not soluble in water until it's HCL or acetate?

Oh, yeah, I guess you're right. Mescaline has "moderate" solubility in water. Never mind that part then I guess. BTW, if you added 85% phosphoric acid to the limonene solution the mescaline should precipitate out as the phosphate. It's insoluble in alcohol and acetone so it's probably insoluble in limonene too. You can get the phosphoric acid at hydroponic supply stores as a pH reducer. You try to add an equimolar amout to the mescaline. If you add excess acid you would need to wash the powder with alcohol or acetone when you filter it.

Some days ago I performed 69ron's extraction . Overall it was quite a success as I pulled about 700mg of goodies from 50g of Torch.

The only thing I did different was that I used HCl to salt and not vinegar.

Still, I have some suggestions to enhance the tek which I would like to discuss here.

1.) After filtering off the d-limonene, I would suggest washing it with saturated brine to remove impurities.

2.) Salting with HCl seems to be tricky. The closer the pH is to 7 the cleaner the product seems to be but pulling takes a long time. The lower the pH the more junk you pull from the d-limonene. My suggestion would be to salt with vinegar as given in the tek and THEN add a few drops of concentrated HCl to the water that contains the alkaloids. If you evaporate the water afterwards, you should end up with the HCl salt.

Any thoughts on this?

Anyway, I went straight to the HCl salt, which worked fine overall. Overall I performed 3 pulls with d-limonene and stopped salting when the yield was going down. I simply salted with 50 mL of distilled water/HCl, evaporated it carefully on an induction stove and checked the yield. This took about 7-10 minutes per pull. Towards the end of the 2nd and 3rd pull of d-limonene the yields went down and the salt become a bit sticky. To scrape it of the bottom of the pot I had to let it air-dry over night.

Subsequently I performed a two washes wth dry (MgSO_4 dried) acetone and one with dry IPA. The acetone/IPA turned to an amber color in the process and I "lost" about 25% of the weight. The final product looks cleaner now but is still far from being white. I put the solution of IPA/acetone in the freezer to see if something would crystallize out of it but nothing happened.

Interesting experiments :)

Last edited: