• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Uncontrollable Shaking/Twitching/Muscle Spasms on Weed

Man my damn legs and feet just twitch randomly when I'm stoned it's pretty damn annoying. And my hands are just real shaky when I'm stoned. So nah you are definitely not the only one

so apparently we all twitch anyone have any theories about why? i got a pretty violent case of the shakes cheefing with my friend the other day cause i dont smoke as much as i used to. it could have been anxiety related, the more i think about it the more i think it is anxiety related. i detest reading social cues when im stoned, especially when i read them wrong and then over analyze the fuck out of it.

i notice all you twitching smokers live on the east coast. I do too. I have lyme disease and that causes twitching, shakes, uncontrollable movements. I know a lot of people who probably have lyme but refuse to awknowledge their condition. It's a very strange disease. it's from the huge amounts of ticks resulting from the outrageous deer population these days. The ticks are out of control and this disease is spreading rampantly.

a couple years ago, i thought my twitching was from smoking. well, now that i have been in treatment for the past couple years, the twitching is almost non-existant. go figure, it wasn't the pot!

please do yourself a favor and google it just to be safe. Many people never know they have the disease because sometimes symptoms appear to be from something else.

It mainly happened to me and still does when chilling mainly before bedtime.Although I can be relaxed high without weed but on Opiates and it happens still but no were as bad.

i twitched so much friends thought i was doing a new dance to an imaginary techno beat. damnit man!
i honestly believe i am allergic to weed. a friend of mine can smoke a whole joint and i cant even tell he's high. i can take 1 hit and become antio-social, paronoid, rapid, irregular heart beat, and the heart beat isnt imaginary my g.f. was laying with head on my chest and she said my heart sounded funny? wish i could enjoy it like everyone else but i cant so i stay the hell away from it. i can even get a contact buzz in a car if im not careful.

A friend twitched in a car beside me lol..

Got a bit annoying in the end, but they was asleep. I have very little experience / knowledge with weed.

I twitched quite a bit when I first started smoking. If I remember correctly, I only twitched when smoking with other people (a more anxious type of situation than smoking by myself) and the twitches seemed to be worse when I didn't have enough food in my stomach. I can go months without smoking now and start back and not get the twitches. It was only when I first started smoking.

can anyone answer why, in medical terms, does marijuana twitching? i want to learn something new. i have looked all over the internet/google and i have found nothing besides, "yah d00d weed makes me tw1tch hardcore."

Last edited:
I have no idea laCster, but ironically enough MJ has documented uses for treating uncontrollable muscle spasms resulting from various diseases. It is really nothing to worry about besides it being annoying.

The only time I was twitching bad was when I smoked a lot of dank and it was an upper. Forget the strain but that doesn't matter. Anyways it felt like I smoked some crack that's how strong it was and I just couldn't stop myself from twitching at times. Like my body wouldn't stay still. I was like damn was this actually marijuana but it was just super good. It really just depends on what you're smoking sometimes and if you're anxious ect.

This happened to my girlfriend (a very rare smoker) her whole body was going crazy, and she was complaining about a heavy body load, she was pretty calm for somebody not so used to many drugs.
She never even smoked that much, maybe a few puffs where I had the rest of the joint (I don't smoke that often either but more than her anyway), I never even got stoned, rarely do though :(.

I have gotten the shakes before. Normally it happens to me when I am cold or nervous.
It comes from my core and makes my whole body shake. Pretty annoying.

Seizure whilst smoking weed?

So I have been smoking marijuana for a good 5 years, smoked everything from ghettos/travelers, pipes and bong tokes, buckets, joints even dabbled in eating it. I have occasionally passed out while high nothing more.

So today I go to a buddies house with some friends and we pass a pipe around taking some tokes (we had already taken a few bong hits an hour and a half prior). As the pipes being constantly re packed and passed around were watching some tv and just having a good time, laughing, but then I start to get really dizzy and it feels like my thoughts are looping. I had read online prior of people experiencing the same thing, people always recommended fresh air so I told my buddy I was gunna go outside for a breather cuz I wasn't feeling to hot. At this point my breathing was very shallow and they all said I was getting really pale, very white, they got a bit sketched out and said they'd come out with me to make sure everything was good, so we all got up and I opened the door and apparently as I opened the door (I don't remember this) I feinted and almost hit my head off the edge of the computer desk. Luckily my friend said he caught me and let me down to the ground, He told me my body got really tense and my arms flexed to my sides. He said I continued to jerk and convulse at the chest shoulders and arms. About 10 seconds later I became conscious and all i remember is being on the ground with my face right at the floor and chair I was sitting on with everyone hovering over top of me asking if I was okay. I do not remember feinting but I remember the feeling of the convulses. After that we got up and went outside and I felt fine, and just felt the normal high I was accustomed to.

I had read some stories online of people having seizures and blacking out from marijuana as I was doing some research on marijuana a few years ago. I was confused however because I had also read that marijuana can help people who have seizures regularly. So I had kind of forgotten about it and continued on with smoking it regularly didn't really phase me until now.

The weed we were smoking I had smoked about an hour and a half prior to this incident and I and everyone else I was with was completely fine. We picked it up off a dealer who we've known since grade school and has always given us good stuff hes our go to guy that we trust, so I don't think he had laced It or anything. However he could've gotten it from an untrusted source so this I do not know. One thing I thought could've caused it was a loss of oxygen to the brain. The room we were in was really small and the window wasn't open, with 5 people in the room, 3 computers, door shut, I was smoking cigs aswell.

Its only been about 2 hours since this happened and I just want to know if this has happened to anyone before or if theres something that might be wrong with ME, as to say I should just stop doing it. I would like to continue smoking marijuana but I do not want to experience that ever again.

Last edited:
It happens man, I really don't understand it but wouldn't worry about it since it happens to a lot of people randomly. It seems that in every instance the person feels kinda off, gets really pale, then stands up and falls over. I assume it just has to do with being very high, and possibly from inhaling so much smoke.

It happens man, I really don't understand it but wouldn't worry about it since it happens to a lot of people randomly. It seems that in every instance the person feels kinda off, gets really pale, then stands up and falls over. I assume it just has to do with being very high, and possibly from inhaling so much smoke.

Yeah Im just a bit freaked haha never had this experience before and just want to know if I should continue smoking erb, or if its in my best interest to stop. I dont want the seizures to continue to happen.

Has this happened to you by the way?

It happens man, I really don't understand it but wouldn't worry about it since it happens to a lot of people randomly.

I'm sorry but your one isolated incident, is not reason enough for you to tell this guy he's 100% safe to toke. Doing anything that can trigger a seizure is a BAD FUCKING IDEA.

I Had a friend who used to get them sometimes, we played them down because he never seemed too phased & it wasn't a regular thing. Until one day he smacks his head on the way down and nearly dies from head injuries.

This is a harm reduction site mate, not a "durr i think i know wut im tlkin bwt so im gn give stoopid advizzeee" site.

I've fainted before, and have seen others do it as well, always while standing in stagnant, crowded rooms while high. Having a seizure upon fainting, however, is not usual, and could be a symptom of an underlying issue like epilepsy.

Definitely get it checked out, you can do serious damage to yourself or others if you have a seizure while driving!

-CTdopeLove