• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Uncontrollable Shaking/Twitching/Muscle Spasms on Weed

I smoked weed throughout my teen years then realised all it did was make me anxious, lazy and unsociable. Put's me on an extreme downer where I just think about all the shit things in my life and freak out. I love the taste but the high is shit. it does the opposite to me of what it does for most people.

Yeah I dont know why but I use to twitch a lot too. My first few times I would be with my friends and I would have to constantly move in a different position after i started to twitch or spasm. I used to think it was because it was like a mild Parkinsons since mary j releases all that dopamine. That probably sounds stupid hahah but i was thinking about my psychology class while that was happening

It's just the THC receptors helping the rest of your brain and body to 'chill' out I think :)

i smoke weed everyday and i twitch all the time. im not fussed about the twitching i just carry on smoking and after a while it stops. when you twitch just foeget it and carry on smoking lol. x

In scenarios like this the only advice I have is:
1: Smoke less.
If that fails,
2: Quit smoking.

Everyone has different reactions.

Did you have a history of drug abuse??

When I was doing ecstasy, by the truckload, when I would smoke days after I noticed I was a mental mess and Id be twitching like crazy.

Ive been sobor for 10 months tho, so when I smoke now it doesnt happen.

Best of luck.

Never happened when I first began smoking weed, now it seems it always happens. I'm naturally quite shaky but cannabis makes it much worse, particularly if it's mixed with tobacco.
I took two drags off a joint yesterday (my first in a month or two) and immediately I felt cold and had annoying neck spasms.
Whenever this happens (which it usually does now) I feel very weak. It's very unpleasant.

i was like wtf at first, but then was like i cant stop it so i wen twith it. its fun now.

On one occasion I just went to bed turned the electric blanket up and the cold dissipated was I just let go shivering like crazy and then it finished I relaxed and had a good night sleep, something I'd rather avoid but impossible to fight and resist unless you enjoy anxiety attacks!

Also is calling it a seizure correct? that would imply brain damage etc as happens with epileptic seizure?
Convulsions, maybe shivering definitely.... anyone got a "proper" answer is it bad for me?

Whenever I feel I'm having a bad effect I just tell myself to relax, get comfortable and let go...eventually I feel better and get up or sleep comes and I wake up fine next day

I only really got the shakes with dank shit, and back when i was an am. Now that i'm toking daily i don't see them at all. It'll pass .

have major twitches and muscle spasms when stoned.. usually this is amplified if i have had any stimulants beforehand.

Thanks to everybody that posted here about their experiences with muscle twitching and spasms.

It makes it easier to know that you aren't the only one when something weird happens like that. :)

I get this when I smoke and even when I'm sober, I get random twitches which I never had before.

Don't know why, but when I pop a perc or xanax before smoking, the twitches don't come. Actually, they don't come at all when I'm on pills.

Don't know why, but when I pop a perc or xanax before smoking, the twitches don't come. Actually, they don't come at all when I'm on pills.

I notice when I smoke a sativa nowadays, I'll start 'worrying' over the stupidest shit. I'm prescribed Methadone for my spinal-stenosis & Klonopins for my anxiety problems.
If I take a couple 1 mg Klonopins before toking, I'm OK. When I got my Methadones warming me up, I don't like to toke weed. I prefer waiting until those wear-off.

Attachments

• methadone.jpg
    methadone.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 121
The other week I got really stoned (more than I wanted to be) and because it was a little cold, I started to shake a little. I put the blanket around me but it continued and got worse and worse. It was so bad that I was being thrown around the room and the people who live upstairs ended up coming down because they thought I was having a fight or something. It's interesting to hear that my experience wasn't unique.

i got this shit till i started punching my fucking leg and digging my hand in my leg to try it from stop twitching my ear drums used to twtich when i smoked too. then one time i started shaking like fuck and i had to lie out side on the cold ground with my belly touching the floor. i also get a really fucked up nervous feeling in my belly it feels fukked i used to feel relaxed but then when i smoked a spliff i couldnt keepp my body still so i stopped smoking.. started getting paranoia like fuck and anxious like a motherfuckka...i thought i made people twitch but it was me who was twitching but fuk knows and then ppl used totake the piss withiout saying it too my face which got me paranoia like fukk but im recovering its hard though i started believing in conspiray theories its all in my head iverecovered alot but still hard to get out of a fukked up hole.... its fukked up my life completely ..

paranoia is one of the worst illnesses and then i got depression and anxiety which hurts like fukk mentally myy mind is unstable like fukkk...

i got this shit till i started punching my fucking leg and digging my hand in my leg to try it from stop twitching my ear drums used to twtich when i smoked too. then one time i started shaking like fuck and i had to lie out side on the cold ground with my belly touching the floor. i also get a really fucked up nervous feeling in my belly it feels fukked i used to feel relaxed but then when i smoked a spliff i couldnt keepp my body still so i stopped smoking.. started getting paranoia like fuck and anxious like a motherfuckka...i thought i made people twitch but it was me who was twitching but fuk knows and then ppl used totake the piss withiout saying it too my face which got me paranoia like fukk but im recovering its hard though i started believing in conspiray theories its all in my head iverecovered alot but still hard to get out of a fukked up hole.... its fukked up my life completely ..

paranoia is one of the worst illnesses and then i got depression and anxiety which hurts like fukk mentally myy mind is unstable like fukkk...

You oughta get all that shit checked-out by a doctor because that doesn't sound like a weed side-effect to me. *You could be epileptic...be having seizures...have a brain tumor...have cerebral-palsy...have a parasite eating your brain [I have 1...named it 'Percy the Parasite'].
But all those symptoms you mention can't all be thru weed usage, as weed is a cure-all.

*= [complete sarcastic bullshit.]

I get them when i have a really low tolerance and i lie still...

I find that it is less twitching, and more my muscles attempting to loosen...It only happens in muscles that are tight (i have a lot of those) and by the time the high wears off, they are noticeably more relaxed/loose...Its almost as good as a massage lol

Me Too

yeah i get the shakes sometimes. It's usually cuz i feel cold.

The scary part is sometimes i get the shakes from thinking about doing e or some other drug. It's really strange. I feel like the memories of doing that drug make my body/legs to into uncontrollable shaking.

I smoke canabis everyday and have had the shakes of it befor but it does not bother me that much coz it has only happend 3 times in 4 years and it only lasts 10-20mins but i had a spell of taking E-cat/meow meow if you know what that is, if you dont i was worse of that than i was when i tried coke its some intense stuff very intense the point is when i am high and i think about it i start to feel shakey and just typing this my palms are sweating a bit but i aint touched anything but canabis in about a year yet the thought of it still has physical effects on me