• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

[Mega] The "Why won't MDMA work for me?" thread

Cant Roll...?

Hey there, Ive come across the problem of not being able to roll. I first started popping mollies and pressed pills over three years ago. In over the last year, i rarely consume any, maybe once every 6 months. But ever since this feb. i take 1-3 pills through the night, but nothing happens. If i snort it, i feel like Im about to come up, then it goes away. I am not on any medications. Could it be the fact that I had a little binge with methamphetamine? It was like 2 months but I havent done it since. Just throwing in, could that possibly have anything to do with it? I popped a molly(which everyone else seemed to be beyond fucked up on, being a 1.6 dose and pretty strong), but i didnt even feel a come up. Since i havent rolled in 8 months, it couldnt be a tolerance... Are my receptors just fried? I really hope not, since out of everything ive done, its my favorite.

Hey there, Ive come across the problem of not being able to roll. I first started popping mollies and pressed pills over three years ago. In over the last year, i rarely consume any, maybe once every 6 months. But ever since this feb. i take 1-3 pills through the night, but nothing happens. If i snort it, i feel like Im about to come up, then it goes away. I am not on any medications. Could it be the fact that I had a little binge with methamphetamine? It was like 2 months but I havent done it since. Just throwing in, could that possibly have anything to do with it? I popped a molly(which everyone else seemed to be beyond fucked up on, being a 1.6 dose and pretty strong), but i didnt even feel a come up. Since i havent rolled in 8 months, it couldnt be a tolerance... Are my receptors just fried? I really hope not, since out of everything ive done, its my favorite.

I've read reports from people who regularly did methylphenidate and they mentioned that it had an impact on your roll. But you're not feeling it at all. I would have thought that after 2 months it should affect your roll. Perhaps someone with experience with meth can offer some more constructive.

I've been searching around for a bit, but I'm having trouble finding any information on MDMA interacting with SNRI's, can anyone tell me if taking an SNRI like Effexor/Venlafaxine will cause issues with rolling similar to how SSRI's do?

I believe SNRIs (specifically Effexor) will impact your roll in a similar way to SSRIs.

2nd time using MDMA, didn't come up. Any idea why?

My first time using MDMA was with a group of friends, at my flat. I took 150mg (I am a fairly big guy - 6'3" and 190lbs) and had an amazing time - definitely rolling hard, which was followed by a definite but not entirely unpleasant comedown. I also got a little depressed a couple of days later but that passed with no issue. All in all, it was an amazing time and so I was excited to do it again.
Two months later we decided to roll at a rave. I hadn't drunk anything and hadn't taken anything else prior to dropping. Again I took 150mg and my friends all took their normal doses. We had also all prepared a small booster dose (for me this was 70mg) to take once we had come up. After dropping we sat down and chatted for a bit, and I began to feel the occasional very slight flutter of something being different. After about an hour to an hour and a half I was experiencing some jaw clenching and some nystagmus but was also feeling pretty low - all I wanted to do was sit down and be alone. I'm not sure if this was from the MDMA or if it was at least partially due to the fact that my friends had all come up and were having an amazing time.

I decided to take my booster, and immediately after swallowing it I felt like I'd reached a peak - I was happy, spacey, and my skin felt amazing - but this lasted for about five seconds before frustratingly disappearing and leaving me with the same low feeling as before. These 'mini-peaks' continued throughout the night and were the closest I ever got to coming up. I ended up taking a booster from one of my friends also (about 50mg) and so my total for the night was 270mg - way more than I'd like to have taken, yet I still didn't really roll.

To top off the experience, I had a pretty harsh comedown, and had some fairly bad depression in the following days. This was from the same bag of molly that my first amazing roll had come from - this stuff had been tested and acquired from a reputable source.
I'm not on any medication, didn't eat for a couple of hours before dropping, wasn't tired, and am in pretty good shape. What gives? Has anyone had a similar experience? Does anyone know any of reasons why it might not have worked for me?

Thanks for your time.

There could be many reasons. You could've expected too much, it wasn't MDMA, could've been your mindset or mood, maybe the environment. My 2nd time sounds like yours though, but every time after that has been a lot better.

maybe you took it on a full stomach. You wont get as high if thats the case.

This is an interesting theory,
ive dropped on a full stomach, took me ages to come up but come up really hard.

Im not so sure if it effects that, but its definately the first thing that came to my mind when i read the title of this thread.
It definately delays coming up, My friend took on a full stomach recently and it took him 2 and a half hours to come up Lol

There could be many reasons. You could've expected too much, it wasn't MDMA, could've been your mindset or mood, maybe the environment. My 2nd time sounds like yours though, but every time after that has been a lot better.
This and the Methylone theory make the most sense.
Expecting too much from a drug can make things really disappointing for the user. Which is why a lot of users try to just drop and forget. Meaning you just go about your business as normal and let the effects of the drug be a surprise. :)
Methylone is also likely, did you take a dose from a different sample of MDMA or was it the same batch?

I just have one quick question. Has anyone had an experience roll on Molly (MDMA) while on Abilify (Aripiprazole)? This is purely for the purpose of knowledge. I'd like to hear from people who may have experienced this or know someone who has. thanks

So the first time I rolled, my boyfriend and I each took 200mg of molly. We took 100mg first, and the other 100mg an hour later after eating about 45 minutes prior. After around an hour and a half, we both began to feel it. I'm sure we would have rolled much harder had we not eaten so soon before ingesting the capsules but it was still very enjoyable.

However, last night we took 150mg of molly which we got from the same person as before. We ate over 4 hours before ingesting them to help make the roll stronger. After about an hour and a half again, my boyfriend began to roll. Both our eyes were extremely dilated but I didn't feel much at all throughout the night. I couldn't sleep until 6 hours after we'd taken the capsules and I felt a little spacey and happy..but nowhere near the first time I did it. I thought that was odd since the first time, we had eaten right before and I still rolled but this time, I tried to make sure I had an empty stomach and not much happened. Why could this be that I only rolled the first time and my boyfriend rolled both times? We are both healthy and I'm not on any medication. We waited two weeks in between each roll. I'm usually a lightweight when it comes to things such as weed, alcohol, and whatnot..so I figured 150mg would get me rolling. We are planning to roll again in three weeks but I'm not sure I want to if it's going to affect me the same way it did last night. Any help/suggestions are appreciated! Sorry about the long post guys.

Last edited:
The extremely long come up time points toward it not being MDMA.
For most users, effects kick in within about 30-45 minutes. For some, the onset is even shorter.
Make sure you test your gear to ensure that it is in fact MDMA.

im gonna post this here to get some ideas as well

So last night I took 4 and a half of these http://www.pillreports.com/index.php..._pill&id=27733 <-- This is also my report on my FIRST roll. Have a look here to see what happened with my previous experience. Later in the night i also took a 100mg cap of molly.

So goes as this: Drop 2 1/2 of the pills at 7:50 got nausea at about 30 mins and almost threw up. After that passed i was fine, eyes began blowing up. At about an hour in, i dropped another 1 1/2 pills. That was my stash of pills for the night. I never came up really or felt any sort of euphoria. Music never changed and lights had the SLIGHTEST change (however it could be a placebo) I did feel very friendly and chatty though. So around 11:00pm i had a 100mg molly stashed away for a friend in case they wanted to join in, they didnt so i dropped at this time. Never had any sort of effects or anything i see people have. I just want to feel it and was extremely upset after the show and didnt roll after ingesting that much mdma. What do you think is causing this? Why cant i roll? If you read my previous report you will notice i smoked some weed to get going. Whats your guys thoughts on the weed?

I have a test kit, everything i have is tested mdma only. Would love to hear some thoughts on WTF is wrong with me.

5'10 about 180lbs male.

Hoe long did you wait between rolls?

Do you use any kinds of supplements (like 5htp) or try and eat good stuff and exercise and be healthy?

The weed shouldn't have any influence.

Hoe long did you wait between rolls?

Do you use any kinds of supplements (like 5htp) or try and eat good stuff and exercise and be healthy?

The weed shouldn't have any influence.

I only take 5-htp before going to bed AFTER rolling, and i did take vitamin c many hours before dropping. I waited 4 months+ between the last time i tried.

Whoa!

How hard did you roll the previous time? Like how much did you take spread out in how many hours?

So you couldn't roll then and you can't roll now?

I was actually asking about your last "proper" roll. How much did you take then and how was it?

Ok sorry if I'm saying stupid shit, I'm really fucked up. I'll be back tomorrow to read that trip report.

So you couldn't roll then and you can't roll now?

I was actually asking about your last "proper" roll. How much did you take then and how was it?

Ok sorry if I'm saying stupid shit, I'm really fucked up. I'll be back tomorrow to read that trip report.

haha no worries, well this was my second time trying MDMA. My first time is that trip report on PR. Ive "rolled" But it was very weak. 2 light blue skulls. (read my TR)

Ive never experienced a "proper" roll. Thats why im so upset about it.

You speak the truth! In CO USA I have very little experience with MDMA. My batting average on good pills vs junk is about .666. Though I have only taken them about 6 times. My latest experiences with MDMA have been disappointing. And the doses were too small! Cheap Friends! These were with Molly powder instead of the X pills. Economy Sucks!

I am trying my hand at growing some Shrooms. At least with these you avoid shady operators. Things are doing swimmingly so far! It's easy to identify the correct organism.

I just finished reading the book "The Harvard Psychedelic Club". A fascinating account of who was who and what was going on in the early '60's. Interestingly, Shulgin was never a part of this discussion as he was still under cover until much later. A working together with him could have changed the picture quite a bit!!!

im gonna post this here to get some ideas as well

So last night I took 4 and a half of these http://www.pillreports.com/index.php..._pill&id=27733 <-- This is also my report on my FIRST roll. Have a look here to see what happened with my previous experience. Later in the night i also took a 100mg cap of molly.

So goes as this: Drop 2 1/2 of the pills at 7:50 got nausea at about 30 mins and almost threw up. After that passed i was fine, eyes began blowing up. At about an hour in, i dropped another 1 1/2 pills. That was my stash of pills for the night. I never came up really or felt any sort of euphoria. Music never changed and lights had the SLIGHTEST change (however it could be a placebo) I did feel very friendly and chatty though. So around 11:00pm i had a 100mg molly stashed away for a friend in case they wanted to join in, they didnt so i dropped at this time. Never had any sort of effects or anything i see people have. I just want to feel it and was extremely upset after the show and didnt roll after ingesting that much mdma. What do you think is causing this? Why cant i roll? If you read my previous report you will notice i smoked some weed to get going. Whats your guys thoughts on the weed?

I have a test kit, everything i have is tested mdma only. Would love to hear some thoughts on WTF is wrong with me.

5'10 about 180lbs male.

blulait, still waiting on ur opinion?