• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

[Mega] The "Why won't MDMA work for me?" thread

Last time I rolled it was on a full stomach so it was taking ages for me to come up. My friends and I went home and they insufflated a couple of bumps and had a great time whereas I didn't really come up much although my pupils were dilated more than when I usually roll. I haven't rolled since March however I had tried AMT for the first time a few days ago. I was also extremely tired. I insufflated some when I got home hours later after coming down. I guess the most I got to was + shulgin scale and it was really disappointing. I'm rolling again in 2 weeks and taking a proper dose and not eating (I had a huge meal, filled my stomach, just a couple of hours before rolling which I never usually do when taking anything, I just forgot what time it was) and if this roll is a lot better and how I remember (or don't is how it used to happen) then I will assume the reasons I've suggested here were correct.

To summarise:
Full stomach
Extremely tired
AMT 3 nights ago (I have a feeling this is the main problem as AMT uses up seratonin)

Thanks BL

My first time taking 'Ecstasy' was out in California in 2010. I took it in pill form. I had a Blue Maseratti(sp?) and it was everything and more than I dreamed it would. I rolled a few more times on the same pill for the next few weeks. Then my dealer got purple glocks, much stronger and I almost od'd on the same dose. Since then Ive only taken 'pure' molly in crystal or powdered form. My question is why dont I feel it anymore, I didn't do it nearly enough to lose the magic, but when I did it in pill form I felt AMAZING, and that is an understatement, my hands got clammy, then I couldnt stop smiling, then every bit of social anxiety was out the door and I was the most sociable person in the building. Now whenever I take it, even .3 or .4 of "pure" I am disappointed and am waiting for something that never happens.

The only thing I have done that I can even imagine would affect this is I went through a DXM phase of about a year, where I dosed DXM nearly daily. Could that have changed my brain chemistry enough to affect the way molly effects me? Or could it just be that the pills were cut with something that made it that much more euphoric and sociable?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched the forums for a long time with no luck before I asked.

Thanks fellow BL'ers

I think .3 or .4 of "pure" MDMA is a bit of an overkill. If it is tested clean and of decent purity you should be very very under the influence of MDMA at that point. Do you use a test kit?
If not i am willing to say it was very very cut down or not MDMA. You would definitely feel great. I have never needed to eat .3 or .4 of MDMA in one go. Through a night in my MDMA days I would reach around that level. But, once thing that sparked my interest to respond was your mention of taking a great MDMA pill in california in 2010. That was at the tail end of my MDMA days and lot's of california pills seemed to have caffeine at the time. I always came up much harder and peaked much longer from tested pressed pills than tested high quality shards. I do prefer shards when I do eat MDMA, as presses in general have been hit or miss for many years now. There was always something contributing to the way a pressed pill "hits" you vs. shards. It seems to be a general consensus with people i use to experience MDMA with. I always assumed it was the way the press was digested vs a finger dip, cap or other various ways to ingest. But, I know at the time lot's of the pills were MDMA/Caffeine combo's out west. I am very sensitive to stimulants and a tiny bit of caffeine was always a sure way to have an energy filled roll.

Not sure what is going on when you say you are disappointed, but it seems like cut down MDMA or not MDMA at all.

I have a friend with the same problem. She had a really horrible childhood, bashed, raped, lost a child. Ect everything that bad can happen to a girl has happened to her. She has the same problem. I put it to her, she has built up walls around herself, that she can't 'let go' of the walls she has up, to protect herself. Also, we have had the same pills & dose's
I have scene real angry, tough guys take it, and not handle the emotional side and get angry and scared cause there not in touch w/ their emotions, & the feelings scare the user and the brain blocks it.
But this is only a theory, hit me back if u wanna chat,
Beads616

I have a friend with the same problem. She had a really horrible childhood, bashed, raped, lost a child. Ect everything that bad can happen to a girl has happened to her. She has the same problem. I put it to her, she has built up walls around herself, that she can't 'let go' of the walls she has up, to protect herself. Also, we have had the same pills & dose's
I have scene real angry, tough guys take it, and not handle the emotional side and get angry and scared cause there not in touch w/ their emotions, & the feelings scare the user and the brain blocks it.
But this is only a theory, hit me back if u wanna chat,
Beads616

I believe you might have something there.....feeling happy is somewhat "in the mind" and can't be forced just by a chemical process. the might have the chemical process happening that happenss to normal rollers that makes them happy....but these people decide to remain angry/sad and it over powers the roll so they just end up feeling tweaked out/spacey and having dialated pupils but no euphoria

My first time taking 'Ecstasy' was out in California in 2010. I took it in pill form. I had a Blue Maseratti(sp?) and it was everything and more than I dreamed it would. I rolled a few more times on the same pill for the next few weeks. Then my dealer got purple glocks, much stronger and I almost od'd on the same dose. Since then Ive only taken 'pure' molly in crystal or powdered form. My question is why dont I feel it anymore, I didn't do it nearly enough to lose the magic, but when I did it in pill form I felt AMAZING, and that is an understatement, my hands got clammy, then I couldnt stop smiling, then every bit of social anxiety was out the door and I was the most sociable person in the building. Now whenever I take it, even .3 or .4 of "pure" I am disappointed and am waiting for something that never happens.

The only thing I have done that I can even imagine would affect this is I went through a DXM phase of about a year, where I dosed DXM nearly daily. Could that have changed my brain chemistry enough to affect the way molly effects me? Or could it just be that the pills were cut with something that made it that much more euphoric and sociable?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched the forums for a long time with no luck before I asked.

Thanks fellow BL'ers

what you are describing sounds like a methylone high....my guess is you had mdma back in 2010 in the pills, and now you are eating methylone crystals...people that tell you they are "rolling" from these crystals have probably never had real mdma and believe the methylone high to be what rolling is

Sounds like fake MDxx. Test it with marquis reagent. If it turns purple in a second and dark purple to black, it's MDxx. Any other color and you've just got crap and ripped off. I had a friend who used to take skyblue Jenny pills. They had XJ9's face in them. The friend also took green Alien pills and white UFO pills. They turned purple every time with the marquis regeant. They contained 130mg MDEA with 10mg Baclofen. The Baclofen prevents overheating from MDxx. The friend got it from "Docta X". I wanted some once, but they were $40. I didn't have money at all at the time so, bummer. "Docta X" also had shrooms for $20. The friend once had a crystal of skyblue MDEA with a little Baclofen in it. They called it skyblue molly. Docta X disappeared(maybe moved or something). The friend also disappeared(again, maybe they moved). "Docta X" was all about quality. I wanted to try the legendary skyblue molly since, but never seen it again.

i've done MDMA alot and i vaguely remember that this happened to me three times, on my first time i figured that it was just a rip off (which it was), the second time was also the same, and the third time i had also taken tramadol prior to taking the pill and tramadol fucks with serotonin so it just killed it and i guess im lucky i didnt have serotonin syndrome at the time.. other than those three times ive rolled pretty fucking hard at times to the extent that i had intense eye wobbles and i just couldnt keep my eyes in their place and i felt like my whole body was orgasming.. so my point is that you've probably been ripped off twice cuz this could only happen if you're on an SSRI or any other medication that fucks with serotonin. you can't be imune to MDMA.

Sounds like fake MDxx. Test it with marquis reagent. If it turns purple in a second and dark purple to black, it's MDxx. Any other color and you've just got crap and ripped off. I had a friend who used to take skyblue Jenny pills. They had XJ9's face in them. The friend also took green Alien pills and white UFO pills. They turned purple every time with the marquis regeant. They contained 130mg MDEA with 10mg Baclofen. The Baclofen prevents overheating from MDxx. The friend got it from "Docta X". I wanted some once, but they were $40. I didn't have money at all at the time so, bummer. "Docta X" also had shrooms for $20. The friend once had a crystal of skyblue MDEA with a little Baclofen in it. They called it skyblue molly. Docta X disappeared(maybe moved or something). The friend also disappeared(again, maybe they moved). "Docta X" was all about quality. I wanted to try the legendary skyblue molly since, but never seen it again.

I've always wanted to try MDEA... damn what did your friend say the effects were like? Was "Docta X" the dboys name?

I had the round green aliens with red/amber specks I believed these to be a ratio of MDMA:MDA. I remember the red telephones (pure MDA high-dose IIRC) and the green telephones were also dope (high dose pure MDMA IIRC). That combo (red + green telephones were perfect, everybody rolled face! fucked! had the most peaceful conversations and made best friends those nights.) We only went to a rave once or twice, the rest was at what we called the "Rolling Zone" it was this apt. my friend's crazy, bipolar mother bought and never used, and let us use it to party. We smoked down, rolled hard, and had some of my fondest memories. The pills from that source disappeared and the new source was shit! DXM, pipes, whatever ugh!

Last edited:
I mean I took 350mg for what was basically the first time and did not roll. I definitely felt the beginning of the roll. I was social and happy and wanted to just be around people in general.
this quite possibly is fake pill due to the fact that if you take so much without tolerance you would definitely cant stand and speak just moan and loan

mdma not fun anymore MEANS LIFE TO ME DESPARATE FOR HELP!!!!!!

So heres my history with mdma: i took it about 10 times over a half year span and each time was greater than the last. It was the funnest thing there was for me in the world, better than any sex you can imagine. Btw we always get very pure lab tested mdma powder. Then i was on 50 mg zoloft for 2 months for anxiety and during that time i tried to roll twice with NO EFFECT whatsoever. I freaked out and wanted to kill myself as the greatest joy in life has been lost. Since then a year has past and i tried rolling like 30 more times with little effect nothing compared to before i took that STUPID zoloft. Looks like the magic is gone forever and theres nothing that can be done. Life to me isnt worth shit when i cant enjoy rolling, if this is the case then i might as well kill myself now. Is there anything that can be done HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!

So heres my history with mdma: i took it about 10 times over a half year span and each time was greater than the last. It was the funnest thing there was for me in the world, better than any sex you can imagine. Btw we always get very pure lab tested mdma powder. Then i was on 50 mg zoloft for 2 months for anxiety and during that time i tried to roll twice with NO EFFECT whatsoever. I freaked out and wanted to kill myself as the greatest joy in life has been lost. Since then a year has past and i tried rolling like 30 more times with little effect nothing compared to before i took that STUPID zoloft. Looks like the magic is gone forever and theres nothing that can be done. Life to me isnt worth shit when i cant enjoy rolling, if this is the case then i might as well kill myself now. Is there anything that can be done HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!

Give it more time. SSRI's are known for being able to block the effects of MDMA, even well after you've stopped taking them. Give MDMA a long old break of at least 3 months, and avoid any serotonin-releasing drug for that time. If you really want the magic back, avoid all stimulants for the duration. Spend the 3 months trying to lead a healthy lifestyle: exercise daily, eat a balanced diet, socialize with your friends, focus on your work/studying. Try as hard as possible to forget about any drug usage, and then take a normal dose of tested MDMA in a good, comfortable setting at least 3 months from today. Don't forget the importance of set/setting with the MDMA as well, try and find a rave or somewhere that you feel you would absolutely love it sober, and then roll there.

I've yet to see a post answering why these drugs don't work on people. All will say it was a fake. Well I can take 4-5 Molly at a time and feel nothing but a craving for alcohol. Additionally I can do a 50 of cocaine, eat a burger and go to bed. It does Nothing! I've had my girlfriend take it to see if its real and she was up for 2 days. I wish I knew why

I've yet to see a post answering why these drugs don't work on people. All will say it was a fake. Well I can take 4-5 Molly at a time and feel nothing but a craving for alcohol. Additionally I can do a 50 of cocaine, eat a burger and go to bed. It does Nothing! I've had my girlfriend take it to see if its real and she was up for 2 days. I wish I knew why

Have you tested your substances with a test kit? If you haven't. There's your first go to.

I only get pure mdma powder (as pure as possible) from a cook. It seems to me that if you expect to roll sometimes you dont roll its like if you keep expecting ot nothing happens where as if you take it and dont think about it, you roll balls. I have to take large amounts of mdma just to roll and I have seen my friends and others take .1-.2 and roll their faces off. Im adhd and am prescribed desoxyn (methamphetamine literally) and it calms me down where if a friend takes it they are up for days. Idk if adhd works like that on all stimulants but it seems to me that people with add/adhd have adverse effects with stimulants in general. I have never had an "uppity" roll or anything. Now opiates have the opposite effect and that's why I got addicted to them. I dont nod out on opiates, they actually work more as stimulants to me. When I was really bad into heroin I could stay up for days on boy and always had energy and what not. This could be the same problem alot of other people have. Or olike other people have said get a test kit and test it and make sure its legit. I have tested my mdma and it tests at 95% pure and thats with no cut from the cook (nothing is oure whether its actually been cut or not) and yet ive never rolled like my friends and others have. It might just be my body chemistry but there has to be others that share my experience. I look forward to hearing back from everyone.

-opiophile72p

My past two (=first two :D) MDMA experience occupies my mind from time to time. It felt unlike what the others described to me or what I read here about effects. I'd appreciate some ideas.
It was tested HCl stuff, first time 1*100mg then 5 days later (special occasion) 1*120mg doses in capsules.
I felt no anxiety or overexcitement, i take no medication only vitamins.

At T+40 it began to come up, i felt nice, clean euphoria. Ambient temperature felt just right, even though it was a bit chilly before. I was riding on the waves of trance music. :D I was thirsty but no desire for food.
However I wasn't more empathic neither I had any pleasure in touching things, people and this is what I kind of miss from the evenings.
I walked home during comedown and I was able to sleep almost immediately to wake up well rested and with a nice afterglow for the following 2-3 days.

Any ideas about the lack of empathic and tactile aspects of the roll? The thought of hugging anyone never came to my mind. For me it was more about the appreciation of music and the joy of dancing.

Is it just how we are all different and not everyone reacts the same way to MDMA?

The SWIM thing bugs me too. Seems retarded and pointless, and I can't imagine why anyone would want to censor or limit free speech concerning harm reduction and the like (although SWIM is not naive to the reality that there are those assholes out there who would), but seeing as how i just signed up with blue light, i''ll follow the rules.

SWIM is 29 years old, 5'11, 190 pounds, has used every mind altering substance under the sun since he was 13 using every route of administration, is a seasoned drug user, recovering alcoholic and heroin addict who hasn't drank or used (any of the really nasty stuff that would make SWIM's life fall to pieces within a matter of weeks) in 3 years - SWIM is just qualifying himself here as someone who knows what it feels like to get high, and to take something and be disappointed and know it's not doing what it's supposed to.

SWIM has taken ecstasy in various forms, probably about twenty times in his life, and while his friends have been rolling around on the carpet touching themselves and one another, telling each other how much the love each other and so forth, he has sat there frustrated feeling like he drank a few shots of espresso and took about 10mgs of Adderall. SWIM has taken pills on a number of occasions that he knew were SERIOUSLY legit, evidenced by the reaction of others around him who took the same thing and were blasted into outer space. he has taken them whilst on SSRIS and whilst on no medication whatsoever with the same reaction. His pupils have always swelled up to the size of pennies, evidence to the fact that MDMA was most definitely in his bloodstream, just not doing what it was supposed to be doing re filling him with love, euphoria, and an overwhelming urge to dance. SWIM has taken MDMA on an empty stomach and on no psych meds, and then when it didn't "work," taken more and more (obscene amounts) with practically no results. Most recently (perhaps a year ago?), SWIM plugged two .15g (or .015g, whatever it is that goes for 20 bucks) gel caps of molly (stuck them up his ass) that had quite a reputation for being the most pure and potent thing around at the time. SWIM was riding the subway 20 minutes later when they kicked in and nearly had an anxiety attack from the physical symptoms normally associated with rolling (heart fluttering, jaw trembling, massive pupils like flying saucers and the like). This was the most SWIM ever got out of MDMA, which wasn't much: felt a little bit amped up, strange, pleasant sensation when touching his skin, felt a little horny and rubbed one out, then went about his day feeling more or less normal.

SWIM has never had this adequately explained to him by psychiatrists, drug connoisseurs, etc. and has searched for literature in the psychopharmacological community to explain this phenomenon without any luck.

So, SWIM is curious about a few things:

1. has anyone else out there been able to definitively determine that they are an MDMA non-responder, or know someone who is? and if so, have they found a remedy to the situation: for example, combining it with something that potentiates the effects, changed the set and setting, taken it during another period of their lives when they were doing something differently (like altering their diet or being in better physical / mental / emotional / spiritual shape) and found that it worked when certain variables were altered?

2. does anyone know of any MDMA analogues that have worked for people where MDMA has not?

3. any other thoughts / ideas / diarrhetic stream of consciousness that might lead to SWIM having success with the drug

Thanks.

P.S. Some related facts, thoughts, theories, and hypotheses:

1.SWIM has suffered from chronic depression (along with generalized anxiety). we know that this is usually associated with the neurochemical serotonin, which floods the brain when MDMA is administered. maybe SWIM's brain just doesn't have the serotonin on reserve to flood his brain? seems far-fetched, but anything is possible

2. building on the hypotheses stated above. SWIM has had unusual experiences with LSD, which also acts on the serotonin system in a different way. specifically, when SWIM takes LSD (which works just fine for him) if he takes it within the same week it has little to no effect. SWIM is aware that this is normal, that the brain needs a day or two to reset for most people before they can really trip their balls off again, but this is especially pronounced with SWIM. he knows people who can take it two days in a row and trip two days in a row. when SWIM takes LSD twice within a span of up to two weeks, the second time he can take 20 hits and not achieve the same effect he got with 2 or 4 (literally). it's like there's a ceiling, and whatever chemicals were available to his brain to rocket him into the fourth dimension are now gone. what i'm getting at, i suppose, is that this seems to point to a deficiency of SOMETHING. what exactly, SWIM isn't sure. could this be related?

from the info mentioned in items 1 and 2 after the postscript above, and all the other anecdotal evidence mentioned before, friends have remarked that SWIM's brain is "wired strangely" or made remarks such as "you've got something weird going on with your brain chemistry." SWIM's response to that is "no shit" but a more specific explanation would be appreciated and valuable

Thanks again.

disregard the comment about site policy at the top there. i was reading the first page of the thread when i typed that.

Hello,
Im pretty new to bluelight but it seems that mostly everyone knows what they are talking about. I am having a predicament with my trip/roll. For about two months i rolled about once a week for 2 days each time, every time i rolled i got euphoria with my senses of touch and hearing and mood, by the end of the day i still feel good but i get some negative effects such as dizziness and stuff. this time (it was from the same person) , a month 1/2 or more later, i have taken a couple shots of the mdma powder with coffee and i don't feel anything really, i am getting spurs of uneasiness where i have to move around, jaw clenching and pain in my lower back but that is about it. I DID NOT TEST. and im not sure what is going on.

Any ideas?

Ok, well I am new here and this thread seems a bit dead. I am guessing the knowledgeable members have possibly gotten sick of answering questions and such. :-/

Let me try my luck and hope someone can shed some light / give some advice.

So last weekend a few of my friends and I went to a big event, they got some E and 7 of them were planning on dropping. One person got for everyone, so the pills were all the same.
Everyone dropped one at first, this was at around 9AM. By 10 / 10.30AM 4 of them were on and the other 3 weren't really feeling much.
One of the 3 who weren't feeling much just ended up getting some side effects - the previous time she took the same happened. Jaw clenching, she was sweating but felt cold and was not happy or enthusiastic at all. Prior to the last two times she took it was always fine and worked great. She had not taken for a few months prior to the last two times.
The other two who were not really affected hadn't dropped much at all this year. It was their 3rd time this year and they always space it out.
The other 4 were having a good time. At around 12 / 1 AM two of the three who didn't feel anything decided to drop again, along with 3 of the people who were rolling. After dropping again everyone was on 2.5 pills. The people who were rolling kept on rolling into the early hours of the morning at least (8/9am) and the two who weren't feeling it, still weren't. They were just awake and not sleepy. Pills got shared between everyones (halves given to each other).

We did not test the pills although it was clearly working for some, the one guy who was rolling drops fairly often and has a bit of a tolerance although still seemed good and according to him the pills were a pretty good strength. Any ideas at all?