• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

[Mega] The "Why won't MDMA work for me?" thread

How do you know out of interest. Has it been tested in a court?

Even if it hasn't, that's just the way we roll here. It makes posts sound stupid and makes communication more difficult. If you have any other questions about this issue, please PM me or one of the mods.

/End Off-topic discussion

Hey guys. I have a question regarding taking "Lexapro".

If I take Lexapro for around 2 weeks or so, will it affect my roll? I've read that Lexapro is an SSRI and does afect rolling, but will it affect you if you take it short term? Also, how long do these anti-depressants stay inside your body?

Bump.

Anybody know if Lexapro will effect my roll? I've searched already and found different opinions...

Bump.

Anybody know if Lexapro will effect my roll? I've searched already and found different opinions...

I don't have any personal experience with this, but from anecdotal evidence I would say that taking an SSRI for two weeks will impact your roll. I personally wouldn't take MDMA if I was on an SSRI. Not worth it IMO. Most SSRIs tend stay in your body for a while after you begin taking them.

Judging from your post, I would say it's best for you to stick to your medications and not drop MDMA. I apologize if this sounds a little paternalistic or w/e. Just my opinion.

Does anyone thing that it's really possible for a healthy person, not on any other medication or drugs, to take say 200mg of pure MDMA powder and it do nothing? I find it very hard to believe indeed. It's a very powerful drugs, not the sort of thing you need to be in the right mood for. I can't see how it's significant effects on serotonin and dopamine levels could drift by unnoticed.

I don't have any personal experience with this, but from anecdotal evidence I would say that taking an SSRI for two weeks will impact your roll. I personally wouldn't take MDMA if I was on an SSRI. Not worth it IMO. Most SSRIs tend stay in your body for a while after you begin taking them.

Judging from your post, I would say it's best for you to stick to your medications and not drop MDMA. I apologize if this sounds a little paternalistic or w/e. Just my opinion.

Thanks...

Though I'm wondering, I found the Mega MDMA and SSRI thread and saw that info... but would you know how long anti-depressants stay in your body?

Is it a month? 2 weeks??

Thanks...

Though I'm wondering, I found the Mega MDMA and SSRI thread and saw that info... but would you know how long anti-depressants stay in your body?

Is it a month? 2 weeks??

Depends on the half life. Each ssri has a different half life if im not mistaken

i'm 5'6 145lb, male.

I previously researched what is the optimal dose to take on the rolls. And i chose lighter does, as I am pretty sensitive to weed already. I grabbed my friends scales and measured out around 100-120mg. and put it back in a capsul that previously had Kava-Kava root, and my MDMA mixed with some of that Kava-Kava root herb crap. any way. So these are the conditions of my pill,

read on:

This was my first time taking MDMA. I was pretty anxious, but felt excited about it too. My girlfriend was there, though she didn't roll she becuse she had to work in the morning. She had her sister that I was rolling with and a couple of other friends, all females, so I was with a good group of people.

After an hour of taking it I felt a little body high, nothing major, and perhaps a little lighter in mood, not much but i felt different (placebo effect may be?). I texted my buddy who had the scales and encouraged me to just dumb my 100mg of MDMA into half full Capsule of kava-kava and thusly mixing it together. I texted him "Dude ... this shit aint really working" And it wasn't. I felt something different but not too strong. Nothing was 'orgazmic', i kept asking my gf's sister if it had hit her already, she confirmed after an hour. It still didn't feel like this is what every one is feeling and going nuts about it?! I just knew that people can't call this rolling. My buddy then replied ans said to take a toke of weed, and I did. And I felt liftoff! Right when the song began to explode! ... and everything was great and awesome ... HOWEVER!:

I started to notice that I'm insanely euphoric, but no other strong sensations associated with MDMA, massages didn't feel like an orgazm that every one talks about. My girlfriend even came up and blew a little wind on me, which felt nice and great at that moment, but it didn't make my eyes roll back in insane euphoria like other people's reactions.

HERE"S THE PROBLEM:

Every time i smoke weed now, I feel like i'm rolling a little bit. I get that high euphoria, my skin becomes more sensitive. even to a small breeze, my mind goes to a crazy imaginations, etc.

What happen on my roll? Did I actually ever rolled, or was it just mostly WEED that overpowered my rolle and instead was an enhancement of my weed high? Or did weed really relaxed me and let MDMA take over? I took only one puff of weed.

Or is it that when I smoke now, I try to get those other nice and warm feelings back? When I come off my weed high, I try to look back at my rave exp, and compare it to the one high I just this had, and I'm usually come to understanding that it was a little different with MDMA, but not by much i just, feel like my first MDMA roll felt like weed but ten times higher, I'm so confused. I'm rolling again in the end of september. And Id like to know whether to expect something different . I'll try not to smoke until the end of the roll this time

What do you guys think?

You should never drag expectations into a new drug experience with you, nor should you impatiently wait to feel something. Just go with the flow and let it show you what it shows you.

You also shouldn't compare your experience to that of others too closely because everyone experiences every drug differently. Obviously there's a set of general effects you may be comparing your experience to, but there's no reason to get upset about not feeling something someone else does.

The weed may have triggered the experience or a particular facet of the experience, and the experience may have started on its own after a time without the weed.

I have had experiences with research chemicals where smoking salvia unlocked the experience for me. I used to think that I couldn't feel the effects that well without combining with salvia but I found out this was not the case.

As far as weed bringing about your experience, this is possible, but I have no experience with it. What I do have experience with is reliving effects from previous experiences with other drugs when smoking weed, which is especially notable with 2C-E, especially at higher doses and even more at repeated dosing. I would get trailing, vivid colors, and thought patterns that were not typical of my weed high. For me, this always goes away with time though, assuming I don't take a chemical in that time.

I have done 2C-E two days in a row before and had trailing and at times vivid colors linger after the experience even when I was sober. Even this went away with time, but I could notice trailing while sober for what seems like several months.

Intuitively, I'd say it's nothing to worry about with MDMA and it'll probably go away. I personally enjoy the extra effects that I relive, assuming it's not some traumatic flashback or something.

As far as trying to get fuller effects is concerned, you may want to try sublingual administration and/or a higher dose (at your own risk of course).

Lastly, I doubt the kava kava had any interaction with the MDMA or much involvement in the experience since you had so little in the capsule you put the MDMA into and did not follow your friend's advice about dumping MDMA into more kava kava.

Does anyone thing that it's really possible for a healthy person, not on any other medication or drugs, to take say 200mg of pure MDMA powder and it do nothing? I find it very hard to believe indeed. It's a very powerful drugs, not the sort of thing you need to be in the right mood for. I can't see how it's significant effects on serotonin and dopamine levels could drift by unnoticed.

While I haven't personally heard of people getting no effects whatsoever from MDMA even at a dose as high as 200mg, I can definitely believe it to be true.

My brother for example felt absolutely nothing from MDMA (of course, I felt very little that time as well) and doesn't even get effects from smoking weed, which he has tried many many times at this point. I'm inclined to believe that there are people out there who get no effects from MDMA whatsoever.

I'd say try taking the MDMA sublingually (holding it in your mouth/under your tongue for 30-60 minutes). Drugs pretty much never have an effect on me orally, but sublingually they can work.

Also understand that 200mg is only the strongest dose listed on Erowid in the dosage section. The reason that I mention this is because the strongest dose listed for 2C-E is 40mg. I personally have taken such a dose twice, sublingually, and while I did get effects, they still weren't the full effects that others had described at doses as small as 20mg.

When I took 60mg however, I felt much more than I had in my previous experiences, and while I have never had MDMA fully work for me, this felt just like what people describe MDMA to be like with regards to empathy and tactile sensation.

My point is that getting no effects at a dose of 200mg could still just be an indication of tolerance and you can't know for certain till you take more. Obviously I don't condone anything of the sort, and you have no idea of the damage that such a high dose does regardless of tolerance. Still, if one did decide to take even higher doses to investigate, there would be a dose at which one must stop to avoid, you know, permanent damage. The high dose of 2C-E I took may very well have caused some kind of damage that I am unaware of.

Obviously taking higher doses should only be attempted after you try a different route of administration. Perhaps you'll feel effects with a normal dose when doing it sublingually and tolerance will not factor into it as much? I certainly know this is not the case for me. Even rectal administration results in a tolerance.

MDMA doesn't seem to work for me

Hi everyone.

I've had two experiences with MDMA so far. First time I split a pill with a friend, he went off and had an awesome time while I didnt feel much at all. Similar body weight etc. Other people bought pills from the same guy and rolled hard as well.

Second time I acquired 1g of molly from a trusted source, assured that it was high quality. I took 600mg over about 3 hours, experienced some physical effects (dilated pupils, a little bit energized, raised body temp) but didn't feel any of the good things I've heard of MDMA.

The second time I had been using LSD and mushrooms 1-2x per week for several months, first time I was pretty much clean. No medications to speak of.

Sort of confused and a bit disappointed about this, would be great if someone could shed some light on the matter.

Half a pill is a very small dose, and I would imagine you don't have a lot of available serotonin after that much LSD/mushroom use.

been fucking around with methylone, high-doses of adderall and rolled a few weeks in a row the past month and it seems like mdma just isnt as fun. is it possible to have lost the magic if ive only done it maybee 12 times?

maybe its just the crappy pills down here.
either way im waiting 2 months minimum before i even think about doing it again :\

been fucking around with methylone, high-doses of adderall and rolled a few weeks in a row the past month and it seems like mdma just isnt as fun. is it possible to have lost the magic if ive only done it maybee 12 times?

either way im waiting 2 months minimum before i even think about doing it again :\

I agree, it's definitely a good idea to wait.

And when MDMA loses its magic, if ever, is different for each person. Some people lose it after a single time, so it's definitely possible with the pattern of usage you stated.

Definitely agree too, wait for a bit :)
It's probably nothing to do with the other stimulants, in my experience they have no effect on your roll, you've likely been overdoing it - the recommended wait is around once every three months? Good luck!! :)

I hear a lot of talk about bunk pills all the time and there is an easy solution, sort yourself out some crystals. It's not to say that there is a guaranty that these crystals will be pure mdma, but they will generally only be cut with MDA or other similar substances which isn't a bad thing IMO. Normally crystals are sold by the gram for £40/£50 which is enough for 4 or 5 high doses.

The only disappointing experiences i've had on MDMA is when I didn't know anything about it and tried to binge and also when I bought pills - fair play you can get a tester kit, but that kit won't refund you if they are bunk.

I hear a lot of talk about bunk pills all the time and there is an easy solution, sort yourself out some crystals. It's not to say that there is a guaranty that these crystals will be pure mdma, but they will generally only be cut with MDA or other similar substances which isn't a bad thing IMO. Normally crystals are sold by the gram for £40/£50 which is enough for 4 or 5 high doses.

The only disappointing experiences i've had on MDMA is when I didn't know anything about it and tried to binge and also when I bought pills - fair play you can get a tester kit, but that kit won't refund you if they are bunk.

MDA may not be a good thing actually since I hear it's more toxic. As for the testing kit, you'll know not to buy those bunk pills again rather than wondering why they didn't work and potentially trying again.

I've been searching around for a bit, but I'm having trouble finding any information on MDMA interacting with SNRI's, can anyone tell me if taking an SNRI like Effexor/Venlafaxine will cause issues with rolling similar to how SSRI's do?