• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] The Wax/Honey Oil/Dabbing Mega thread vs. Dab city bitch, dab dab city bitch

budsnbars712

Bluelighter
Dabs - Hash Oil

Its high time we have a Mega thread dedicated stricktly to the most recent trend in cannabis culture: Dabbing and the use of wax or honey oil!!

Although there have been many extracts for cannabis for quite some time, such as hash, but the popularity of wax and the common smoking methodabs!!!

So from now on all Dabbing related thread will go here!

-Neko

So I recently started smoking hash oil as I came across some...I tried looking on here for some info on it but I did not come across much..I have seen a couple different type of oils/consistency's since I have started smoking hash oil. One of the oils is known as amber shatter. Another oil I have is more waxxy, looks like earwax...but still tastes awesome and is strong.

Just incase you guys are unsure, u need a speicific "oil" rig to smoke hash oils/wax. Look it up on youtube or something if you don't know about it....

My question is is holding the oil vapor in your lungs worse for you than holding in smoke from regular marijuana?..I see videos of people blowing out the vapor instantly and weed is the opposite, people just hold it in. I naturally hold in my hit a couple seconds and then exhale, so this is what I have been doing with the oils also since this is how I naturally smoke. So...the question is "Is holding oil vapor/smoke from hash oil/wax worse for you than smoke?"

Please don't answer if you are assuming something....I would like to kno for sure, maybe a source...

Last edited by a moderator:
Holding in marijuana is allot worse than oil because all the tar you are getting from combusted plant material.

Holding in marijuana is allot worse than oil because all the tar you are getting from combusted plant material.

^this.

You'll even notice your rig will stay much cleaner and not get that nasty black resin in there that smoking flower gives it. It will get dirty eventually, but it won't be a black thick tar.

In not sure but I hold in my hits most the time. But I would think it matters how good your oil/wax/shatter/peanut butter Is purged I think?

eating it is the better choice from a health standpoint. but I just don't like the high as much as the one I get from smoking.

Dab making technique I bet 1/50 know

I'm gonna keep it simple then you guys can discuss the rest. Shoot into warm water in a bowl.

not to derail this thread or anything but does anyone here know any information about the lifespan or storage and degradation information on oils/hash/dabs/wax etc? how long do these last without potency loss?

Shatter is not good for you. Look in the rig all that crap floating is paraffin.
Some try to reduce it. Its still there.
NO REASON ON EARTH TO SMOKE IT.

No way in hell is WAX oil healthy. I blew this for many stores in denver area JUST TO DAMAGING I have a conscience.

^^^_^_ how is shatter not healthy ? If its full purged it should b better the weed/ plant matter . an u don't like wax/oil ? Most people in Co like wax if they can afford it or make it.

Am from Co an I make my own but that's cuz THC is leagal an its every were an easy to get cheap weed or trim in the meantime well waiting for harvest : )

Well make it with trim not with the actual nuggets themselves. This method is so simple a gorilla could do it in a few days of training. All you have to do is blast it into warm water ( not hot ) and the butane will bubble out out of the water as it goes into the water leaving a yellow blob. Get your hand or spoon whatever you want and scoop out the yellow. Throw it on parchment paper and there ya have it. I'm sure you could vac purge it, but that gets like 85-90 percent out, it will have the same consistency and smoke. Just be sure to let it dry.

So u shoot it straight into warm water that might b what I'm doing wrong . I shoot it on a warm pirex plate then put it on the stove on the lowest heat till it stop bubbling an most the time its dark amber/brown sometimes gold But most the time its oily/stringy not dry/taffy/buddery.

An do u know how to make shatter?

I've used tubes that only fit 2g of material an u just shoot the butane in it . then I've used a massion jars too all you do is fill the jar full weed/trim then put the cap on the but make one hole in the middle of the cap that will fit a butane tip init then put two pub hole one on each side of the bigger hole. Once that is done you fill the jar almost to top with butane. Then u take the cap off an replace the middle piece with a coffee filter. Once the filter is tightly on the jar you flip the jar upside down over a plate the an walla purge time .