• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Strain Discussion- 3rd Backcross *ALL STRAIN TALK IN HERE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, there are MANY different highs or stones that can be felt from cannabis. Set and setting does play a small role, but if you have tried a wide variety of mary jane you would know that there can be some hugely different effects between batches.

I will say I think one needs quite a bit of experience before its super noticeable, you get fucked up enough off any good weed that differences in effect are much of a muchness and easily chalked up to set and setting unless one is quite experienced and/or well read on drug use and experiences. It may be different in places like liberal US MMJ states or Amsterdam but where I live weed is rarely sold by brand name, overly specific quality or even with a definite differentiation between sativa and indica. In this case I do understand from early personal experience that it can be hard to believe there is THAT big of a difference from one to the other. That said, I currently can EASILY tell the difference between sativa and indica, but 6 or 7 years ago (been smoking 10 years or so, but the early years less habitually than later ones) it would of been kinda difficult. I guess I have always been a heavy smoker, and even recent experience tells me that if you smoke enough sativa you will still get stoned and not 'high'.

Marijuana isn't manufactured or extracted like meth or cocaine, its side effects aren't determined by cuts or synth impurities. Cannabis is a plant with many active compounds which grows in a hugely variable environment which in turn influences the ratios of the many active compounds/cannabinoids leading to a wide variety of potential cannabis experiences. Anyone who can't tell the difference between the main two types of weed is either inexperienced, naive or not actually getting a strong variety in the type of cannabis they typically smoke. I could go to my room now and if I were to smoke the two most different buds in my possesion the high is differentiable enough that it could be percieved as two totally different drugs, and that is living in a region that unfortunately lives by the philosophy that green is green and the main distinctions are whether its bush or hydro and whether its good or shite.

Last edited:
A great way of getting 50/50 ratios of CBD:THC is just to take one of the charas strains from the Real Seed company and to use thin layer chromatography to search for the 50/50 THC:CBD genotypes. The mostly CBD plants can be found presumptively by simply smoking. It won't get you high but because it still is psychoactive you should still feel a slight shift in consciousness. The mostly THC plants will be like most hybrids you get and the 50/50 CBD:THC plants when smoked will give a ceiling effect, above which you cannot get any higher but the high will be different subjectively too, as it will feel more 'centred' with more clarity. Despite the common misconception, strains higher in CBD are not sedative at all. The whole CBD = sedative thing is just a myth.

Can you elaborate on this a bit? I'm really interested in the possibility of growing CBD only plants but have no idea about the genetics or how you could go about breeding for it. Would those seeds be a mixture of genotypes, so you'd get something like 1:2:1 THC:THC+CBD:CBD plants? If you crossed CBD only females with CBD only or CBD/THC males (because I guess it's hard to tell by smoking males) how long would it take to practically eliminate the THC synthase gene?

Something that could be useful for this is the Beam test; you extract some plant matter with alcohol and add alcoholic KOH, a purple colour indicates the presence of CBD. It apparently works on plants that are only a few weeks old, so you could separate your THC only plants pretty quickly.

High CBD strains/ Medical strains personal Feedback

Hello all,
I would be interested in responses to those who use or have tried medical marijuana strains that are high in CBD (anti psychotic ingredient in cannabis) such as harlequin.

What kind of an effect is it?

Personally id like to have maybe 1 day every week or every 2 weeks where i get high and that is it.
I was wondering if the CBD will ground the anxiety caused by THC when you are not a regular or 'seasoned' toker.

Thanks,

It's a more sedating, couch-lock kind of effect.

I love some high content THC variaties as well, but I have noticed the following:
WHen I'm happy I really like THC to make me more happy, everything more funny, in a "psychedelic" kind of way.
When I'm feeling kind of down, I like more CBD because it kind of stabilizes my mood, or so it feels anyway.

I make the difference using a volcano vaporizer. Low temp = more THC, high temp = more CBD. I think CBD is better for pain, too.

CBD is not sedative or couchlock, that's a myth*. CBN is the cannabinoid that's usually responsible for those effects and tbh most people seem to confuse the two. IME 50/50 CBD/THC strains have a ceiling effect and less anxiety whilst being more clear headed and centered subjectively. If you want a really psychoactive potent strain then avoid high CBD strains. My experience is that it can quite easily completely negate almost all feelings of anxiety during the high so it is useful in this respect.

*There is a slight biphasic effect with stimulant effects at low dosages and a miniscule amount of sedation at high doses but for all intents and purposes, it does not cause any noticeable sedation or couchlock with ordinary use when smoking the high CBD strains you're most likely to encounter.

Last edited:
Its the oils within the Cannabis plants (particularly the indica plants) that causes the couchlock, not the CBD.

The CBD has shown promise in treating Schizophrenia and anxiety, and i think strains containing very high % of CBD should be made Legal and made widely available to public worldwide for a price of course.

It has also shown to counteract the negative effects associated with THC in vulnerable users, which range from mild to intense anxiety to full blown psychosis and hallucinations.

What strains have you tried then?

Honestly, too much to name, but my favorite recreational strain is Amnesia Haze and my favorite medicinal strain is Super Silver Haze.

You're right about the couchlock, didn't think it through.

I've been hitting strawberry kush, which lives up to its name as a distinctly scrumptious strawberry scent emanates from the open jar. I'm smoking a blunt of it while typing this. Incredibly nice in regards to taste, scent, and appearance - but not as potent as the chemo kush I've also been burning, which as a very potent indica is nicely coated frosty crystals.

Just for the record, Agent Orange is hands down the best weed I've smoked this year. It's a strain that's definitely got my endorsement. :)
Have you tried cheese strain like BlueCheese Marijuana, Big Cheese Marijuana. I love BlueCheese Marijuana

OG Kush Vs. Bubba Kush, which do you prefer?

Personally, I am more of a fan of some really good Bubba. What about you?

Lately, kush of all sorts has just been knocking me out lately. I prefer sativas instead of indicas.

Merging with the Strain discussion mega thread. Which is where all strain discussion should take place.

strains native to your area?

Have you come across any unique strains to your location?

examples:
Elvis: (tri state area) now defunct (rip breeder)
Jerry berry - Vermont
ATF (alaska thunda fuck) - alaska
real OG kush - c.a.
chem Dawg D 4 & 1991 -
East coast sour Diesel - east coast
original diesel -ny

there used to one newcastle red but that was years ago

where does northern lights originate from cause that was heaps popular east coast aus some years ago

i would love to try some purple urkle, sour diesel, lavender, jack frost

Status
Not open for further replies.